Re: New devblog: The end of subscriptions, the start of something new

DEV Zoom wrote:
Marmon wrote:

Devs : are you going to send a newsletter to all old players to annouce them that they can play for free ?

Yes, we'll be sending out emails soon to notify them.

uhhhh
?

IN25_A wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Marmon wrote:

Devs : are you going to send a newsletter to all old players to annouce them that they can play for free ?

Yes, we'll be sending out emails soon to notify them.

128 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-17 04:29:06)

because your opinion of something that you dont participate in is pretty meh

at the first sign of "something you dont like", you stop playing for two years but seem to think that you know everything

Stay inactive, please.

These changes are for the future thousands not the past one or two bitters

MoBIoS wrote:

Because I don´t log in everyday nowadays, I am not playing? What´s it to you anyway. Bit of a sad and desperate statement.

And yeah probably 10 bucks, what a fricking amount to keep corps exploiting the reset and change to the color of the month, when ever they feel like they get an advantage out of it, like they used to, when we had resets.

129 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-03-17 05:59:08)

$10 for reset waaaaay too cheap ...should at least be cost of new account, at very least. And really should have some kind of cooldown, like once year at longest. Monthly may be too often, and no time limit on cooldown is BROKEN.

Resets are clearly in demand so I do not blame Devs for cashing in on that demand. I encourage it. But if Devs look at resets as some windfall revenue stream that they want optimized with some pricing scheme that maximizes revenue, then it is a mistake. Cheap resets may get you more revenue, but that would lead to TACTICAL resets. That does not sound healthy for the game. They should be priced (with cooldown) as an option most people would rarely take.

IN25_A wrote:

Mobios I understand the problem you mention and Zortarg also, but maybe you see too much problem about that.

If you get enough people playing couldn't be too much problem, because balancing of the players itself.
But EP reset /year or something I think, or HUGE amount of €€€!

Problem is that we saw how it work in past. It was abuse game mechanic, that's why it was disabled. Let think that tomorrow dev announce destroyer that will require 1.5 k ep in new skills and it will be too op. So reset will allow to old accounts start drive it as soon as they can get it in research db. Is it TACTICAL abuse? Or mb pay to win? We what this?

I totally agree with the Dev´s trying to create revenue. All mentioned sale features seem ok, apart from the reset. Have a reset 1-3 month after character creation is also totally reasonable, within that time everyone should know which direction one favours.
-  But what makes me furious is the fact, that in 2011 we stopped the ability to EP resets, it was a problem and massively exploited. The Dev´s statement now is " if it does become a problem we'll change things as we always have" totally contradicts itself to the reasons EP resets were stopped in the past.
Its a sad argument for the fact that perpetuum is trading in one of its core features - the persistence - for revenue maximisation.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

132 (edited by Burial 2014-03-17 10:18:57)

Question about the EP reset: If I have multiple characters on one account, will it reset the EP of only a single character?

(About the resets, to balance them, there could be different EP resets with different prices and cooldowns. One with 6 month cooldown for 50$, another with 1 year cooldown for 30 bucks and so on. Just an idea.)

bout f*cking time, gj

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Burial wrote:

Question about the EP reset: If I have multiple characters on one account, will it reset the EP of only a single character?

Yes, it resets one character only.

since the game looses the ice option and PCs are not tradable ingame i guess the buyable items like ep boost will be ingame items that can be traded directly or on the market?

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

since the game looses the ice option and PCs are not tradable ingame i guess the buyable items like ep boost will be ingame items that can be traded directly or on the market?

No, these will be all direct-use services.

It is absolutly awesome ! + 1 for everything !

Keep it up DEVS !

I would like you to rethink about the "activity" requirement for EP-Gain. Having me every 3rd day login and immediate out without entering terrain to get EP would give a new business model of account seller. As I could do this with 10 accounts, and after 6 month be able to provide accounts that have way more worth than new account with 3 or 4 EP-Boosterpacks by reasonable start investment.

Please add something like 15 mins on terrain every 5th day. That can still be abused, but no so easy as a single login-out requirement.

Goffer wrote:

Please add something like 15 mins on terrain every 5th day. That can still be abused, but no so easy as a single login-out requirement.

And this also will be abused, we all know that it will. So this is not correct way to fix that.

140 (edited by Goffer 2014-03-17 14:46:40)

The possibility of EP-Reset-Exploit was worse during game state, when nobody was able to have 1 role maxed out ep wise. Today it is no deal to have 1 role maxed out and 2 additional roles on fair level, the major remaining abuse is the possibility of color change, which indeed is bad if one color gets unbalanced, but tbh as someone having 3 accounts in parallel I could spend the same cash I spend last years to create a new account every month and in 12-18 month will have a bunch of additional agents to fill all missing roles with maxed extensions. There is no need to reset EP, when I could have with same effort on $$ an agent for every possible role.

Edit: Reset was missing

I am going to say something unpopular, but realistic.  You need to scale your maximum ep gain to the current system.  The base rate for 1 EP a day shouldn't be the case +50%.  You'll have people maxing out specialized accounts within a year and not "Growing" into stuff.  Because ultimately the veterans aren't going to pay for their account (50%+) once they can pilot what they want.  And I don't know how many paint jobs you plan to sell, but maximizing some revenue from the vets would be optimal.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Totally agree. Its already too fast - three months and your sufficient in the biggest heavy in the game and half decent. Now we are making it two months.

Doesn't go well for longevity.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

143 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2014-03-17 15:03:00)

Ville wrote:

I am going to say something unpopular, but realistic.  You need to scale your maximum ep gain to the current system.  The base rate for 1 EP a day shouldn't be the case +50%.  You'll have people maxing out specialized accounts within a year and not "Growing" into stuff.  Because ultimately the veterans aren't going to pay for their account (50%+) once they can pilot what they want.  And I don't know how many paint jobs you plan to sell, but maximizing some revenue from the vets would be optimal.

new content and new bots with new extentions should scale that up, but as i said before the ep reset is counter productive here to the ep booster. why paying for more and faster ep when i just can switch from time to time and still have 2/3 of the ep without the booster.

or the devs dont care if the vets dont pay and think the new influx of players will bring enough money so the vets do not realy matter.

god knows what goes on in their minds.

edit:
but i agree: 1440ep/day should be with the booster and not without.

blown away by the changes .. gj

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

But I can't see them having the cash to be doing new bots etc for six months to a year. I would expect that in a paid expansion in June 2015.

You need to make it fun for a year. It's not like they are gonna ad enough stuff to keep you training for a year even then.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Zoom, enough people have commented on the EP reset. Can you please answer directly.

How much will it cost?
How often can it be used?

Too many people have valid concerns, please clear this up.

I suggested :

$50 for EP reset, max once per year
$1 for 3 level downgrade of Extensions
$10 for EP monthly boost

Additionally, will you allow character transfer, in a public manner, with the ability to pay for a name change?
I suggested $30 to do this, along with whatever the owner of the character wants to sell him for. The current grey area for account "gifting" is far too vague and ripe for abuse.

A reply here would be nice.

Cassius wrote:

Also, this .... " So the current plan is to do the reset and the reimbursement on the day we launch on Steam, and start right away with a revamped gamma experience." ..... from the blog.

Umm, lets say the Gamma experience goes smoothly, and is ready to be repopulated immediately. Having whatever stuff currently on Gamma returned to a terminal at the exact same time as Gamma is ready to be repopulated leaves no time for logistics to be organized for these assets to be used again.  Could the reimbursement be done a week before?

Once again asking for easy mode, Can't you go without trying to get an easy edge over everyone and just wait until steam launch date :s

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Ville wrote:

new content and new bots with new extentions should scale that up, but as i said before the ep reset is counter productive here to the ep booster. why paying for more and faster ep when i just can switch from time to time and still have 2/3 of the ep without the booster.

or the devs dont care if the vets dont pay and think the new influx of players will bring enough money so the vets do not realy matter.

god knows what goes on in their minds.

edit:
but i agree: 1440ep/day should be with the booster and not without.

They are counting on the fresh blood. This game has averaged what, maybe 200 paid vet accounts monthly for the last year? Its not enough to substain the game. The trade off is to have 2000 new accounts buy the game and play at least 6 months while losing at least half of the vet revenue, since some vets will still pay for the EP boost. And the additional 400 vets who will return to play because they now can play for free, well, they weren't playing anyways. And some of those returning vets will also pay for the EP boost.

And no matter whether someone is playing for free or paying, the game needs population. Currently the #1 problem this game has, by far. So if we average 500 peeps in Gen, all of a sudden we are getting the pvp, the market moving, and life in the game, That should make the game more desireable and make even more people try it out.

The problem that skews this is the EP reset without restrictions.

EP gain concerns: One of the reasons why we're doing this change is to make us able to grow, both population and content wise. We're perfectly aware that we need to put in new content requiring new extensions to avoid EP "deflation".

Item costs: soon.

Character transfer: this is technically impossible because of the nature of the account-based EP system.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Also, this .... " So the current plan is to do the reset and the reimbursement on the day we launch on Steam, and start right away with a revamped gamma experience." ..... from the blog.

Umm, lets say the Gamma experience goes smoothly, and is ready to be repopulated immediately. Having whatever stuff currently on Gamma returned to a terminal at the exact same time as Gamma is ready to be repopulated leaves no time for logistics to be organized for these assets to be used again.  Could the reimbursement be done a week before?

Once again asking for easy mode, Can't you go without trying to get an easy edge over everyone and just wait until steam launch date :s

WTF are you talking about? I'm not asking for easy mode. Get your political head out of your *** and think about the logistics for a second. We are not the only corp with stuff in Gamma that will be moved when wiped. We already have enough *** on Alpha to build 5 gamma bases on day one if required. Other people may not have, and they still have assets and structures on Gamma. And they may need those structures to start their new base when the wipe, resettlement hits. With the terraforming changes if this wipe happens at the same time Gamma is reopened, my scarabs and construction bots will already have the prime locations under base construction while the person who needs the reimbursed structures will still be trying to sort the gear and load it into their bots.

Stop making stupid political comments. Try thinking a little for once.