Re: ICE - Fill in the gaps! Catch up on EP for unsubbed months

no

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

you want eeeeet , Line

you know you do

Jita wrote:

I'm just surprised it hasn't already.

you do it after steam Jita that way to get more people

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Supremacy wrote:

you want eeeeet , Line

you know you do

I'm greedy so I don't want every lil'newbie to have as much ep as I do.

If you wanted the ep that bad, you just don't ever unsub your acct. Kinda slaps the people who stayed subbed the whole time in the face a bit. Why did I support the game these past couple of years when I can unsub and decide a year from now if I want that EP?

Just a *** idea..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

If you wanted the ep that bad, you just don't ever unsub your acct. Kinda slaps the people who stayed subbed the whole time in the face a bit. Why did I support the game these past couple of years when I can unsub and decide a year from now if I want that EP?

Just a *** idea..

DEVs dont pay their bills with loyalty of 5 dudes, this could bring in thousands of needed dollars.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ess-model/

That's a lot better idea and probably would generate more while actually improving the game.

Fill in the gaps could be highly limited -

Maybe like 1 fill-in month per 6 months subbed.

still no

yes

Many games already do this ...

They are all free to play

And

They are Pay to Win

accept your decision not to stay subbed ...

If you have an issue throwing away 10 to 100 bucks a month then I'm sure playing a game like this probably

If the Mechanics behind Ep chance like suggested the game will lose all credibility
(the little it has left)

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

IMO allowing peeps to buy bulk EP for $$$ or ICE would be ideal - many games are doing it and it's profitable as heck for them (crap like 'candy crush' has capitalized on this microtransaction trend and made fat bucks).

BUT there should be a limit of 75% of the current top EP.
For example, if the top EP that could have been earned by an unbroken submission from day 1 is two million the most anyone should be able to top up using ICE or straight $$$ would be one and a half mil.

38 (edited by Hunter 2013-12-05 14:27:39)

Lol... Kids got a candy and wanna more. smile

Yes DeVs, lets implement every *** idea. In a whole this idiotism i like the only one thing: At least developing taked a course... no so much matter where.

*** But DeV's wont like this idea and they will probably moderate this proposal.

*edit: Yep. - DEV Zoom

So, as alternative way, i suggest to double the EP accumulation for the accounts with less EP than 500k AND after one month the subscription (i.e on the second month and futher). If subscription interrupts, or player have more than 500k EP, multiplier should be back to x1.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

39 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-12-05 16:00:17)

This proposal is geared at screwing over the people who stayed subbed.  Why should you be rewarded for stopping your subs?  This doesn't help new players at all, this is strictly meant to help the vets who got all pissy and stopped subbing their accounts.  You decided to stop subbing.  That was your decision.  Live with it.

Part of the business model of this game is to encourage or require loyalty from the clients. Hence the reasons why extensions can cost massive EP and why there are so many of them and EP is limited to 1 per minute. The Devs themselves are required to provide content that makes the customer want to spend his money and maintian their loyalty. Clearly with the current population, the content needs to be adjusted. But the business model is sound.

All you are suggesting with the catch up is to allow those players who turned their back on the game, broke their loyalty to the game (for whatever reason) and put their money into other games .... to allow them to catch up when they feel the game is more to their liking.

Come back to the game when you think its right. But the fact my character who stayed subbed gained EP on you is your *** problem, and your choice. The Devs certainly could have used your money to further develop this game quicker.

yeah screwing over the 8 whole people that stayed subbed.

wake up

Martha Stuart wrote:

This proposal is geared at screwing over the people who stayed subbed.  Why should you be rewarded for stopping your subs?  This doesn't help new players at all, this is strictly meant to help the vets who got all pissy and stopped subbing their accounts.  You decided to stop subbing.  That was your decision.  Live with it.

42 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-05 21:50:07)

99% of players unsubbed

who really cares about the small number of people and their ideals that lead to the current population and the current game situation.

who is right? the people who left or the people who stayed?

I suggest the people who stayed are a tiny tiny tiny minority

All you guys really did was stick around to abuse game mechanics and fatten your wallets.   boring -

Cassius wrote:

Part of the business model of this game is to encourage or require loyalty from the clients. Hence the reasons why extensions can cost massive EP and why there are so many of them and EP is limited to 1 per minute. The Devs themselves are required to provide content that makes the customer want to spend his money and maintian their loyalty. Clearly with the current population, the content needs to be adjusted. But the business model is sound.

All you are suggesting with the catch up is to allow those players who turned their back on the game, broke their loyalty to the game (for whatever reason) and put their money into other games .... to allow them to catch up when they feel the game is more to their liking.

Come back to the game when you think its right. But the fact my character who stayed subbed gained EP on you is your *** problem, and your choice. The Devs certainly could have used your money to further develop this game quicker.

When Hunter or Martha is the last person subbed to this game, will you say he was right?

lol

44 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-05 21:54:57)

If everything to this point that was done lead to where we are now, we may want to start thinking about doing the opposite.

It's called 'money', not loyalty or any other smarmy ideal.

The Devs are out to make it, and if selling bulk quantities of EP up to a certain limit or even limitless will make the mo money at this early stage when they're barely scraping by...  they should jump on it and go.

As the game becomes established and the user base grows enough to support the game on subs, they should lower the EP 'purchase' ceiling... But yes, IMO, the 'vets' who stayed subbed (for whatever reason) should always have the EP advantage that $$$ can't buy into.

Mind you, purchasing EP only gets you EP, it doesn't get you ANYTHING that was, is, and could have been earned during the accrual of EP through the normal act of simply playing the game.

46 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-08 05:26:43)

duplicate

No problem. Go on guys. I don't really care about fate this game. I've played enough. smile
+1 to OP. i don't wanna play the game. Take off last thing that holds me here.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

48 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-08 07:50:13)

generally speaking though, the better idea would be to have an opportunity to get some of your lost time back;

lets say 33% of it max.    (no more than 6 mos total)

You pay an extra ice per month to get double xp rate until you hit your fill-in-the gaps cap.

This way "loyal people" could never be caught up with but AC could get a few more bucks, and it could be a nice incentive for some older players go come back knowing they could catch up a little bit.

so. that seems reasonable, in my opinion

49 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-08 07:51:07)

For Example:

Player  H played perp for 6 months during the first year but decided to move on to other games.

Player H is eligible for  33% of time subbed catch up, which means he has 2 catch up months to do if he so chose to.

Player H pays an extra ice each month for two months and gets double xp rate for those two months. ( 2 ep per minute for two months)  still have to pay the extra ice each month

Thats it.         He cant ever get back the other 2 years that he missed.

Additionally, perhaps a hard cap of 6 catch up months.

TL/DR

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.