1 (edited by Gunner 2013-12-08 07:53:09)

Topic: ICE - Fill in the gaps! Catch up on EP for unsubbed months

Whole idea reworked:

For Example:

Player  H played perp for 6 months during the first year but decided to move on to other games.

Player H is eligible for  33% of time subbed catch up, which means he has 2 catch up months to do if he so chose to.

Player H pays an extra ice each month for two months and gets double xp rate for those two months. ( 2 ep per minute for two months)  still have to pay the extra ice each month

Thats it.         He cant ever get back the other 2 years that he missed.

Additionally, perhaps a hard cap of 6 catch up months.

OLD ORIGINAL POST BELOW ---------------------------------

If I started an account a year ago, but was only subbed for 8 months, I would love to fill in the EP gaps with an ICE, 1 per month not subbed.

This would create a massive boost in the ice economy and bring some players in to fill in their gaps.

This is a very powerful idea, I know, it could be said it was overpowered.

Pehaps cap its use to 2 ice per month to fill in?

2 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 21:25:00)

Re: ICE - Fill in the gaps! Catch up on EP for unsubbed months

ICE is already P2W, only thing holding it back is not enough services to buy for NIC(and therefore $).

It would have to be either one of those, but not them both at once:
- Real world currency can be traded for in-game currency.
- Real world currency can be traded for in-game EP.

If you have them both, it's going to be endless money sucking game. Right now it gets atleast somewhat cut off with EP differences(even though if you throw enough NIC around, it opens a lot of doors). I wouldn't mind it other way around so newbies can buy EP packages but all the mechs and equipment should be worked for in that case.

3 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:19:27)

Endless money sucking is what Steam is all about!

Also, I think, you could limit the use of ICE to maybe no more than half of total subbed time. something to prevent someone who only subbed for two months from boosting too fast.

and really Burial who even cares there is like 8 people playing this game, lol, and you are three of them

This would bring a pile of vets back who feel they have been too long gone to compete EPwise.

Speaking of economy, PLEX is working very well in EVE, just ask CCP.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:28:17)

Zoom,

Imagine the influx of cash from people who had unsubbed for whatever reason.

They can catch up and you can treat everyong to steak dinner.

Everyone wins

but reminding there should be a limit of maybe a 1 or 2 catch up ICE per month

for people who are late, this is for people who were previously subbed, but stopped playing.

Maybe something like:

Take the amount of months subbed prior to 2014 January, in my example, the char was subbed for 8 months.

Take half that subbed time and that is the max catch up ICE and only 2 per month which is max per month no matter what.

Yeah!

it is pretty payish to win, but I want old people to roll back in and add some $ to game as well

There isn't a self respecting "Vet" in this game that doesn't come back because of some perceived lack of EP. Crap idea, we don't need pay to win. Show love to the people that stay subbed not the people who don't.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

7 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 22:36:53)

Gunner wrote:

Endless money sucking is what Steam is all about!

Also, I think, you could limit the use of ICE to maybe no more than half of total subbed time. something to prevent someone who only subbed for two months from boosting too fast.

and really Burial who even cares there is like 8 people playing this game, lol, and you are three of them

This would bring a pile of vets back who feel they have been too long gone to compete EPwise.

Speaking of economy, PLEX is working very well in EVE, just ask CCP.

I said no to ICE from the start. You can dig my posts up. Just because a group of capitalist pigdogs with little to no regards to gameplay and game balance saw they can increase their revenue with that game model doesn't mean it's good for the players.

Whats the point of playing this game, mine, build and trade, when someone with enough $ can come and just buy it all? You can already buy NIC with real world Euros but EP has always been the deciding factor on what players can do and use.

I would prefer it to be other way around, so people can buy their EP packages to even the gap with vets and the deciding factor is something that's more in reach than just waiting for EP to accumulate, but then ICE should go.

It's not really about me and my needs but the gameplay overally. What's the point to even try when you could just buy?

8 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:41:37)

I agree and disagree with you.

I didnt want Plex in EVE and wasnt sure about ICE here, but I like them both now after seeing them in action.

so, you know, just opinions

I also dont want Free to Play either, but I think in a Steam world, its just the way it is.

Two examples of not pay to win free to play games that are very successful and popular:

DOTA

Path of Exile

9 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:44:25)

I am at the point where I just want people here playing.

It isn't going to be a very fun game when its just Burial vs. Beastmodeguns and everyone else is unsubbed.

10 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:46:52)

The list of people who stayed subbed is short and bills dont get paid off a few people.

I mean we are having most of these forums discussions amongst less than 20 people.  That kinda sucks.

-and-

If there are 6500 unsubbed people and 18 who are subbed, who is the majority?  who is right? 

What is best for the game?  What is best for the players?

Shadowmine wrote:

There isn't a self respecting "Vet" in this game that doesn't come back because of some perceived lack of EP. Crap idea, we don't need pay to win. Show love to the people that stay subbed not the people who don't.

11 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 22:50:35)

One last very important point.

no   $$$$$   buys skill and it certainly doesnt make good PvPers or FCs

it does, however increase mining yields and damage etc.

but who cares?

The opinions of such a small set of people left playing are barely significant numbers-wise, including my own

sigh

You can't just slap an F2P sticker on a game and hope it would make it if the mechanics don't support it and gameplay is unbalanced. I want more people too but the game itself has to change for that to work.

What are all the major problems with the game mechanics right now?
Most of the ones I come up with can't be fixed with having higher amount of EP or more NIC.

13 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-18 23:07:05)

im just saying that look at the population the way it is now.   non p2w and non f2p

take a look

do you just want 36 islands to 3 guys?

Something very big has to change,  massive.

Steam! \o/

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Steam did not help other games and it will not be the savior of Perp, it will just increase the population a bit very short term.

If they want ppl to play this game, they should work on content instead of closing gaps etc.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I am wiht Gunner in theory.

And yes STEAM is just bring 500-600 people then 1-2 month leave maybe 10 will be here longer term. If we dont catch the new players, what I am acutally thinking to do.

So lets buy some EP to who would like. So lets allow to buy 300 k in 3 month row or something. That should help all of us.

Make it sooo sooo expensive. maybe 100 k / month is 100 $.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

-1 buying game time with Nic is cool but to be able to Buy EP with $$$ is very bad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I have already said, I will repeat: the purchase of the EP for the money will kill the game faster than it comes out in Steam.

The only way EP will be sold is when Perp goes on an 'off the rails money grub' just prior to the devs closing down the server.

Buying EP in a game which core is progression over time? no... NO!... NO!!!!  fuuu

Arga wrote:

The only way EP will be sold is when Perp goes on an 'off the rails money grub' just prior to the devs closing down the server.

So what your saying is we should start taking bets on when this will happen?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I'm just surprised it hasn't already.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

fill in the gaps!

do eeeet