Re: Spark Teleports

Line wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Line wrote:

Oh?  If this game isnt running properly in a year i dont think it will survive any longer

Oh, there were some targets? Sorry didn't noticed. Can you please mark them somehow next time? Maybe posting an island and coords of where you are when PvP is in progress?

So current mechanics does nothing to improve Pvp?

Just wait a bit, you will see.

That does not even make sense..    Does the current mechancis were u can spark around the world in less than 10sec  promote pvp in any way?

1,102 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-21 11:38:59)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

That does not even make sense..    Does the current mechancis were u can spark around the world in less than 10sec  promote pvp in any way?

...a lot of people trying to explain you and others that SpT patch gives nothing. So this measures targeted only for the ppl, who are literaly whining and anoying on the forums. If DeV's busy on stuff, they really waste time, instead of doing really useful things.
Be honest - you are really interested just offend somehow the people who disagree with you (your opponents). You actually does not need that illusory balance. Because of balance presents always.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

...a lot of people trying to explain you and others that SpT patch gives nothing. So this measures targeted only for the ppl, who are literaly whining and anoying on the forums. If DeV's busy on stuff, they really waste time, instead of doing really useful things.
Be honest - you are really interested just offend somehow the people who disagree with you (your opponents). You actually does not need that illusory balance. Because of balance presents always.

It does it gives ROOM for others to have and grow.   But ur to narow sighted to see these things because u just whant to have it all for ur self........     what ever horrible game mechanics u whant to keep dint bring any pvp or let me say better game paly to the game IF moving is the problem then that needs fixing not SpT.

Hunter srly get glasses and look around abit dont be so narow sighted think abouth it what if some one else had evry thing wuld u relly say that it was very good mechanics and it dint change any thing??

1,104 (edited by Hunter 2013-11-21 15:50:15)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Hunter wrote:

It does it gives ROOM for others to have and grow.   But ur to narow sighted to see these things because u just whant to have it all for ur self........     what ever horrible game mechanics u whant to keep dint bring any pvp or let me say better game paly to the game IF moving is the problem then that needs fixing not SpT.

Hunter srly get glasses and look around abit dont be so narow sighted think abouth it what if some one else had evry thing wuld u relly say that it was very good mechanics and it dint change any thing??

Man... There are just no people at all. You always forgot the rules of access in the outposts: It's possible to take the outpost once to lock it up and deny access for the enemies. Do you really believe that we are greedy so much? Actually we go everywhere for PvP and fun. Ownership of outposts is a result of the PvP.
You have difficults in taking the outposts and you need epriton for mechs - this is it. Also DeV's removed epriton from gammas. So in the one hand they trying to provoke more encounters, but in the other they  separates the opponents. Where is the point? By such way we will start seek each other around one hill. The world becomes smaller and smaller.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

If you really was needed "a ROOM to have and grow", you could try diplomacy. You preferred to solve it in a military way. Either ninjaing or direct attacking, you've failed. Then SUDDENLY this thread got created and you whined here so much that Zoom got annoyed and decided to throw a change to get everyone finally shut up.

Yeah, really, SpT was the probblem. It made you weaker, so you wasn't able to beat us. It made you sillier, so you wasn't able to achieve something with a diplomacy., Yes, definitely it was SpT.

After a patch, you'll probably get some non-significant OPs that we will not gonna protect anymore. But don't expect too much, there is something you're missing completely. Let's just wait, guys, let's just wait.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I love how your whine post gets to the bottom of it in the last paragraph. This change will force you to pick a spot to live rather than trying to control the server and you hate it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

1,107 (edited by Burial 2013-11-21 17:19:09)

Not really. big_smile

It's still feasible to have all of the Betas covered.

Burial wrote:

Not really. big_smile

Tshhhhhhhht Burial! Don't spoil everything smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Right.....

[09:22:26] <Burial> we need to have better reasons for beta outposts to really defend them

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Line wrote:

After a patch, you'll probably get some non-significant OPs that we will not gonna protect anymore.

This statement alone sums up the whole arguement, and that is exactly why SpT was broken, you COULD protect some OP that you didn't really even want because it was easy to do so.

1,111 (edited by Estamel Tharch0n 2013-11-21 20:48:50)

Line wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

If you really was needed "a ROOM to have and grow", you could try diplomacy. You preferred to solve it in a military way. Either ninjaing or direct attacking, you've failed. Then SUDDENLY this thread got created and you whined here so much that Zoom got annoyed and decided to throw a change to get everyone finally shut up.

Yeah, really, SpT was the probblem. It made you weaker, so you wasn't able to beat us. It made you sillier, so you wasn't able to achieve something with a diplomacy., Yes, definitely it was SpT.

After a patch, you'll probably get some non-significant OPs that we will not gonna protect anymore. But don't expect too much, there is something you're missing completely. Let's just wait, guys, let's just wait.

Whaaoow JUST Whaaaaaaaaaaow   

Your the LEAST smartest person iv ever seen.
Diplomacy???? lol yeah lets just make the wole server BE OUR *** so they can "take" a beta outpost.

Military way???  Your the bigest blobb on the server.    Just take a quick look around you do you see ANY other blobs out there?

Some times i think a bigger blobb needs to show your blobb how broken it is.  And dont give us this "then there will be conflict" crap...   yeah maybe for 1 week and then it all dies down because there isnt *** u can do abouth it when the blob can be any were instantly all the time whit no restrictions...

What you need Beta for, you don't even have miners. roll

1,113 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-21 21:02:01)

Arga wrote:
Line wrote:

After a patch, you'll probably get some non-significant OPs that we will not gonna protect anymore.

This statement alone sums up the whole arguement, and that is exactly why SpT was broken, you COULD protect some OP that you didn't really even want because it was easy to do so.

The over arcing point of all of this is that people kept screaming that it will increase PVP.  It will in fact decrease it, because now we are going to be defending fewer stations then we were before.  The useless islands will be completely written off.  The only way this will not occur is if there is an influx of returning or new players to take up the unused stations and space.  <---  this wont happen FYI

This change wont help PVP, it will make PVP harder to come by, because now, you have to weigh the option of going on a roam to some OP that will take 20-30 mins to get to, with a significantly higher chance of no one being there to defend it.  The losing side, will still *** and moan because we will still be able to spark into the stations we want, and engage them.

This is all pointless talking now anyway because the patch is coming.  But, I will say what everyone is hoping for, will not occur.  What is going to happen, is people like 62nd (or whatever the hell you call yourselves now) will come for about a month.  Take a station no one is defending.  Get utterly slaughtered when we come for PVP, (they don't have Syndic to come to there rescue this time), and leave again.  Then, one of the major powers (Most likely our alliance, because there isn't really anyone with the competence to take and hold stations against a sustained assault by our side) will take it back and we will be in the same position we are now, except the people who do remain will now have to walk everywhere. 

I'm not trying to be a D***, but honestly if the opposing force didn't have the strength to take a station before, what has really changed?  you will still be at a MASSIVE numerical disadvantage, and you will also be at a material disadvantage, because as everyone knows, for the last 6 months or alliance has basically done nothing but mine/harvest/produce for the day (If it ever came) when a major power would come back to challenge us.

So has anything really changed besides the fact that we now have to spend far more time in the insanely boring, eye bleeding tedium part of the game, instead of the fun rewarding part?

Burial wrote:

Not really. big_smile

Sure on all alpha 2s   but the change here is u still have to move out there from alpha you know not instaspawn at some palce and then instaTP out again

You might place 3 sparks at each Outpost but ur still not geting what we whanted changed the most  the wole sparkaround the world in less than 10 sec witch means that once we know were ur sparks are atleast it gives us some tactical choices.

Im still for cooldown because the new change still have alot of sparking abillites

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Line wrote:

The over arcing point of all of this is that people kept screaming that it will increase PVP.  It will in fact decrease it, because now we are going to be defending fewer stations then we were before.  The useless islands will be completely written off.  The only way this will not occur is if there is an influx of returning or new players to take up the unused stations and space.  <---  this wont happen FYI

This change wont help PVP, it will make PVP harder to come by, because now, you have to weigh the option of going on a roam to some OP that will take 20-30 mins to get to, with a significantly higher chance of no one being there to defend it.  The losing side, will still *** and moan because we will still be able to spark into our OP's and engage them.

This is all pointless talking now because the patch is coming.  But, I will say what everyone is hoping for, will not occur.  What is going to happen, is people like 62nd (or whatever the hell you call yourselves now) will come for about a month.  Take a station no one is defending.  Get utterly slaughtered when we come for PVP, (they don't have Syndic to come to there rescue this time), and leave again.  Then, one of the major powers (Most likely our alliance, because there isn't really anyone with the competence to take and hold stations against a sustained assault by our side) will take it back and we will be in the same position we are now, except the people who do remain will now have to walk everywhere.

I dint bother reading ur wall of text after i saw:  people kept screaming that it will increase PVP

Current mechancis isnt exsacly promoting alot of pvp now is it?

Get utterly slaughtered when we come for PVP.    LOL what???????   When did this happen???

And yes WALKING palces are good for the game.

1,116 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-21 21:14:16)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:

stuff

I dint bother reading ur wall of text after i saw:  people kept screaming that it will increase PVP

Get utterly slaughtered when we come for PVP.    LOL what???????   When did this happen???

Did i say it has?  Instead of trying to make stupid quips and slights you might try reading what was posted.  This patch has not changed the fact that your side is still at a massive disadvantage.  Your numbers have not increased to the point where you equal just STC, not even counting the other 4 corps. 

Let me explain like your 5.

This has done nothing to fix the problems you say exist.  it just makes the game more boring and tedious.

Like someone mentioned earlier: How many times will you roam to an island to find it empty before you give up?

I agree with Martha, I don't expect this change to create PVP. For me it wasn't about generating more pvp opportunities, it was about preparing the mechanics for the much antcipated population upswing.

The game may also be 'more tedious' at this point, but I see that as a population issue, because Perp isn't really a 'fun' game, its a game an 'accomplishment' game. Without a certain amount of population, acheivements are meaningless. (just to be clear, Not fun, doesn't mean it can't be entertaining, simply that it's not a themepark)

Overall, there's plenty of issues that still need to be addressed before the Perp is entertaining again, but just because one change doesn't fix everything doesn't mean that it didn't need to be done; and according to Zoom the Sloting is a fairly easy coding change, low hanging fruit, so it's not like this change is taking an inappropriate amount of dev time that could be used fixing bigger issues.

http://failheap-challenge.com/forumdisp … 2a602777f2

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

you on that forum? i've been going for like 6 years big_smile they used to have abig presence here but left because of :stuff:

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthrea … a-Frontier

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'm just going to wait and see what eventuates, then just adapt.. It has always been hard for smaller corps to get and hold an outpost against larger numbers even before SpT. But I can understand how the SpT system adds another difficulty layer on top. I and most of my corp mates (wow a whole 6 of us) are just going to see how it pans out, no-one's going to spit the dummy and leave or anything like that.

We will just get on with it, we are still enjoying the game and if more PvP comes then good, if not then  that's just the way things work out I guess. I'm too lazy to get worked up about anything..

Martha Stuart wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

stuff

Did i say it has?  Instead of trying to make stupid quips and slights you might try reading what was posted.  This patch has not changed the fact that your side is still at a massive disadvantage.  Your numbers have not increased to the point where you equal just STC, not even counting the other 4 corps. 

This has done nothing to fix the problems you say exist.  it just makes the game more boring and tedious.

Yes it does it fixes the issue were one can hold it all.   this was a issue whit the game and a bad mechanic and you know it.

The point now is that it gets tedious to take all the betas like u have for the last 9 months.
Its also your side that keeps complaining abouth no pvp after patch and im pointing out the current state of pvp were there is barely any...

1,123 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-22 19:03:41)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Yes it does it fixes the issue were one can hold it all.   this was a issue whit the game and a bad mechanic and you know it.

The point now is that it gets tedious to take all the betas like u have for the last 9 months.
Its also your side that keeps complaining abouth no pvp after patch and im pointing out the current state of pvp were there is barely any...

Maybe I'm not making this clear enough for you.  What i am trying to say is this:  Either remove SpT all together, and re-build the tele system and tele beacons for easier transport.  Or leave Spt system intact.  A half-assed band-aid is not gonna solve anything. 

I would like to point out a major flaw in the incoming system.  With 10 sparks tokens, we can still spark to 3 beta islands.  which means within about 5 mins we can still be anywhere, on any island.  The change that is coming has not fixed anything.  Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Fix the problem, or leave it alone.

I tried saying the same thing Martha, yet no one wishes to listen to reason.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

1,125 (edited by Gunner 2013-11-23 03:16:35)

3 jump locations is better than 10.

I will take that considering Zoom didnt want to do anything for quite a while.

No, it is not the same.

10   !=    3

3?  10?  not same

10=3?  no

doesnt

see?

Sometimes, these solutions have to be easy to code as well considering the list of things they already have to do.

The Devs beleive in the spt system, so dont expect them to drop it either.

I would prefer it just be dropped, but that is just me. I'll take 3 as a compromise.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote: