Re: New devblog: The new assignment system (Stage 1)

Zoom, are you going to solve the issue of missions being mostly walking too somehow?

Not at this stage.

Possible fix for that would be making mission locations look like teleports on the server. You could then use a standard teleport to jump to them. Should be easy :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Zortarg, please no more pop up windows - at least until the "ok" button can get automatic focus!

^^ Give these two fine gentlemen a beer !!!

I cant for the life of me see any reason the [OK] button doesn't have auto focus fuuu just about 99% of all software does

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

30 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-20 16:50:02)

Ville wrote:

Can we add T2+ and T4+ to the token shop?  Also would it be possible to institute a "daily random". Where the first mission you do rewards you with something good like a CPU cortex or alien probability device or random star beacon or a hand job?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ville: T2+ and T4+ should stay rare, so the answer is no, at least for now.

We'll probably bring in daily missions in some form or another, but then they'll have their own boxes and missions, not just some loosely attached gimmick.

Oh yeah and what I forgot to mention in the blog is that we'll remove the current "daily" missions. They aren't really "daily", they have been created with their own concept, but players just don't use them as they are intended.

ok, so no on the T2+ and T4+, but I didn't hear a no on the hand jobs.  How many tokens will that cost?

Someone suggested adding T3- to the token shop. Not a bad idea imo!

Martha Stuart wrote:
Ville wrote:

Can we add T2+ and T4+ to the token shop?  Also would it be possible to institute a "daily random". Where the first mission you do rewards you with something good like a CPU cortex or alien probability device or random star beacon or a hand job?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ville: T2+ and T4+ should stay rare, so the answer is no, at least for now.

We'll probably bring in daily missions in some form or another, but then they'll have their own boxes and missions, not just some loosely attached gimmick.

Oh yeah and what I forgot to mention in the blog is that we'll remove the current "daily" missions. They aren't really "daily", they have been created with their own concept, but players just don't use them as they are intended.

ok, so no on the T2+ and T4+, but I didn't hear a no on the hand jobs.  How many tokens will that cost?

Lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

33 (edited by Burial 2013-09-22 11:54:09)

Is it possible with current system to require multiple factions for a spark? Will we get some cool combined Sparks too? smile

34 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-22 12:08:38)

2 pages in 5 days , i think that anyone doesn't care about this revamp.

Maybe a day, Devs should understand that without reward for missions, nobody will do them.

As a mechanic for delivering missions I really like it.

For now rewards, objectives and mission structure should only be considered for the stage 2 of assignments.

I like the idea that each location has a different set of boxes you can get missions from. I like the standings are being made more simple as this encourages people to cross-train a single character. (This doesn't weaken the power of alts but it does mean they're less required, always good).

Until I see it in action I can't say there is anything bad about the system, but my gut is telling me that the reward multiplier might need a cap or be worked into the complexity of the mission (Stage 2 again).

I am glad you didn't go down the route of 'agents' and that the missions are being posted/created by the different megacorps. Nicely done.

Alexander wrote:

but my gut is telling me that the reward multiplier might need a cap or be worked into the complexity of the mission (Stage 2 again).

I didn't include this in the blog because it's still floating in the air a bit, but it will definitely have a cap. The plan is to give the bonus/penalty counter a -5..0..5 linear range, where -5 means 0% rewards and 5 means 200% rewards.

37 (edited by Jita 2013-09-22 19:21:34)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Alexander wrote:

but my gut is telling me that the reward multiplier might need a cap or be worked into the complexity of the mission (Stage 2 again).

I didn't include this in the blog because it's still floating in the air a bit, but it will definitely have a cap. The plan is to give the bonus/penalty counter a -5..0..5 linear range, where -5 means 0% rewards and 5 means 200% rewards.

Have you had time to play WOT lately?

They have a new mission system that doesn't actually require you to accept a mission - if you do certain things you work toward a mission automatically and the mission window guides you to what you would need to do to complete it.

I think this would be a good differentiation from eve and you could really make it work here. It would kill the idea of travel time and also spawn camping.

http://onebit.us/x/i/IyVYPAgLJB.jpg

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

During stage 1 of the new assignment system, no one will run industrial missions above level 3.  Please consider balancing upper level rewards before you implement this system.

For those who don't have access to higher level industrial missions, this sample will explain the above statement.
Sahel II:  Level 3, Seiguchi - Mine 25 Ilmenite on Asintec Alpha for 262,889 NIC and 17 Tokens
Sahel XII:  Level 3, Seiguchi - Harvest 25 Veraspit on Asintec Alpha for 351,817 NIC and 22 Tokens
Duplex 3, Level 4,  Seiguchi - Mine 25,000 Stermonite on Asintec Beta  for 123,400 NIC and 7 Tokens
Monolith - I, Level 5, Seiguchi - Harvest 55 Veraspit on Shinjalar for225,000 NIC and 10 Tokens
Jericho 1 , Level 5,  Seiguchi - Mine 70,000 HDT on Asintec Beta  for 145,000 NIC and 7 Tokens
Troll 2:  Level 6, Seiguchi - Mine 70,000 HDT on Asintec Beta for 577,000 NIC and 21 Tokens

Stage 1 on it's own does not make it any better, put it all together when you have stage 2 ready. Jita's idea, with a WOT like mission system is awesome.

Jita wrote:

Have you had time to play WOT lately?

They have a new mission system that doesn't actually require you to accept a mission - if you do certain things you work toward a mission automatically and the mission window guides you to what you would need to do to complete it.

I think this would be a good differentiation from eve and you could really make it work here. It would kill the idea of travel time and also spawn camping.

http://onebit.us/x/i/IyVYPAgLJB.jpg

I like that idea. Maybe have mission assignments as a drop loot from npc, different npc different missions as well as rare mats from mining. It can then be activated.

Just don't forget to make tokens affected by that multiplier.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

http://i.imgur.com/Yn0H73f.jpg

We're hardcore.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're hardcore.

Give me money zoom you ***

*edit: Inappropriate. - DEV Zoom

corporation (1), terminal (1), squad (1), general chat (1), help (1).....that looks soooo sad and lonely

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

45 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-10-15 06:34:02)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're hardcore.

follow the yellow brick road!
Im sure people wish that it really was TMA's destription xD

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Yes, the dev server is a lonely place smile

47 (edited by Tux 2013-10-15 21:01:47)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're hardcore.

is that all the NIC you got Zoom ?!?! you need to up your game bra lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.