Topic: New devblog: The new assignment system (Stage 1)

Here is our latest blog discussing the first stage of the assignment system revamp:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … m-stage-1/

2 (edited by Burial 2013-09-18 17:10:38)

Re: New devblog: The new assignment system (Stage 1)

Nice!

It's very good that from now on, the relations are only towards actual factions. Perhaps at one point it's possible to connect PVP and sparks to the relations.

3 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-18 18:00:51)

If i take an assignement in tellesis terminal , my missions will take place only on tellesis ?

For comparing with the next mission system :

8 missions:
- 104 500 NIC  6 tokens
- 199 000 NIC  11 tokens
- 212 500 NIC  8 tokens
- 860 500 NIC  32 tokens
- 577 000 NIC  21 tokens
- 413 200 NIC  19 tokens
- 514 000 NIC  24 tokens
- 413 200 NIC 19 tokens

Total : 3 293 900 NIC  + 140 tokens , doable under 15min.

( PS: i know that it's special situation , but the players will always search the best NIC/hour ratio)

that will be a lot of good improvements.

not that i ever have been a big mission runner in this game.

only thing that i see a bit criticly is the relation gain only to the three megacorps. i think it is good to have some diversity here, and i can remember multible ppl that wanten to get their standing up from multible of the "sub corps".

especially when i think of the future of the syndicate shop. and the spark rewards. so more types of standings can bring some depth.

Heliaso wrote:

If i take an assignement in tellesis terminal , my missions will take place only on tellesis ?

Since for now we're using existing assignments this may not be the case, but the true random assignments in stage 2 will probably only look for objectives in the vicinity of the terminal where you accept the assignment.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Heliaso wrote:

Since for now we're using existing assignments this may not be the case, but the true random assignments in stage 2 will probably only look for objectives in the vicinity of the terminal where you accept the assignment.

Cool , i'm thinking that we will still walk hours for nothing.

Can we add T2+ and T4+ to the token shop?  Also would it be possible to institute a "daily random". Where the first mission you do rewards you with something good like a CPU cortex or alien probability device or random star beacon or a hand job?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If reward is active ECCM mod, I agree.

Ville wrote:

Can we add T2+ and T4+ to the token shop?

Can we?

need to know how it it going to change installed sparks...

The averaging and combining of NPC corp relation is nice but .... are all sparks going to be accessible in the same fashion as new levels of missions ?

I think once you tell us that were going to have to regrind all of our sparks that this system might not be so welcome a change (even though it needs to happen)

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux: I replied on the blog but here too then: currently unlocked sparks will stay unlocked, even if you won't have the required standing after the averaging.

Jumping ahead a little, in stage 2 you talked of a "plan to scatter small assignment terminals around the islands, so you will be able to take them there too and not just in the big bases." in this DEV blog

When assignments are random it would be good, maybe necessary, to allow players to refit bots at these "small assignment terminals" too. A random assignment may require a slightly different fit such as a hardeners, a frame, a reactor sealing, range etc.

I'm sure refitting from modules in robots cargo would suffice.

Ludlow: yeah, we'll look into that.

Dev Zoom, I posed a question a real question.  Why you no answer?

Ville wrote:

Dev Zoom, I posed a question a real question.  Why you no answer?

your the boy who cried *** big_smile

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

Can we add T2+ and T4+ to the token shop?  Also would it be possible to institute a "daily random". Where the first mission you do rewards you with something good like a CPU cortex or alien probability device or random star beacon or a hand job?

This is absolutely something that should be in. Randomised bonus' are so necessary to the skinner box.

t2+ drops 1% of the time - available in 1.0 mission and above

MK2 CT drops 0.1% of the time - available in 2.0 mission and above

t4+ drops every 0.01% of the time - available in 3.0 mission and above

Some sort of random mech drop every 0.001% of the time. I would have it alternate between a proto version of the heavies and a vanguard heavy so that in reality your chance of a vanguard heavy is 0.0002%. - available in 4.0 mission and above

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville: T2+ and T4+ should stay rare, so the answer is no, at least for now.

We'll probably bring in daily missions in some form or another, but then they'll have their own boxes and missions, not just some loosely attached gimmick.

Oh yeah and what I forgot to mention in the blog is that we'll remove the current "daily" missions. They aren't really "daily", they have been created with their own concept, but players just don't use them as they are intended.

Ok you want to keep that rare, then give the players a REAL reason to log in.  Like a Cast off NPC faction that gives you a hairy yak skin to put on Kain's only.  Or something like that, and a companion and possibly a goat.  I like goats.

Any missioning system without random rewards will be boring as ***.

20 (edited by Burial 2013-09-19 00:31:25)

I agree with Jita.

Some small, rare chance for jackpot goes a long way to keep players more interested in doing them. Linear income mission systems are boring after some time, especially if the rewards are that precisely calculated. EVE spices it up with storyline missions, so consider something to spice them up too.

We'll think of something.

Burial wrote:

I agree with Jita.

Some small, rare chance for jackpot goes a long way to keep players more interested in doing them. Linear income mission systems are boring after some time, especially if the rewards are that precisely calculated. EVE spices it up with storyline missions, so consider something to spice them up too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe have the assignment drop rare component for new bots that will be introduced in the future smile

24 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-09-19 09:09:55)

some thoughts on the new mission interface:

- i would arange the missions in collums bases on type. lets say left combat, middle industry, right transport. further right what ever might come in the future. that way its better structurated and you see in one look what is avalible.
if there are no combat missions in that outpost of that level then the first tile in the collum would be empty.

- you said one click on the mission will accept it. i think a little save mechanic will be not bad. ppl might otherwise complain that they missclicked...
i suggest one click on the mission will change the pick and bring up 2 buttons on it. accept <type> mission "yes" "no". but pls no extra window poping up.

25 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-09-19 09:46:06)

Burial wrote:

I agree with Jita.

I like the idea of a "high score" system (suggested here a couple of months ago) where the precise scoring is hidden and just complex enough to make working it out by repeating the assignment a challenge.

As long as your high score and the global high score table (or max achievable reward) was presented in an immersive way I think it would make repeating assignments - even lower level ones when you character progresses - less grindy and more fun.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Zortarg, please no more pop up windows - at least until the "ok" button can get automatic focus!