Topic: New robot tree: Hacking/scavenging?

I had an idea.... How cool would it be to have a type of robot that specializes in thievery? Yes, it would be hated by many.... but it would serve as a spice to those players wishing to play more on the dark side but not fight..... much.

Concepts for Modules:
~mastermind type answers when making a guess on a container in exchange for steep accumulator usage~
~stealth until action performed, with restriction to other modules equipped, such as no weapons, harvesting, etc. Constant accum consumption~
~ability to see when a container is a dead player vs npc vs lock, etc, in exchange for moderate accum cons~
~allow for quick targeting of players for purposes of checking hp% only~ (for picking off corpse steals on the battlefield)

Concepts for counters to hacker/scavenger bot:
~module to further encrypt a container, adding digits to the hackers mastermind like module, giving you more time to kill them/empty the container/make a new one/etc ~
~destealth modules... like a geo scanner but to reveal stealth bots instead, possible EW~

The same can be done for extensions.... there's all kind of possibilities. Thoughts?

Re: New robot tree: Hacking/scavenging?

dunno why, but your list is missing a "2x damage for attacking someone from behind"

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

I don't see how that comment was constructive at all smile

Concepts for Modules:
~mastermind type answers when making a guess on a container in exchange for steep accumulator usage~

wouldn't that just make it simplier for a macro to hack someones container?

~stealth until action performed, with restriction to other modules equipped, such as no weapons, harvesting, etc. Constant accum consumption~

There are some "stealth" concepts planned, but i don't think that they will implement the full-invisible mode known from other mmo's
(Thats where my earlier comment was aimed at)

~ability to see when a container is a dead player vs npc vs lock, etc, in exchange for moderate accum cons~

The ability to see, if a container is locked or not, is something that was already requested many times, and IMHO should not be something that needs a special bot or extension.

~allow for quick targeting of players for purposes of checking hp% only~ (for picking off corpse steals on the battlefield)

Rather then having an extra bot/mech or extension for that, i would like to see that as squad-leadership extension, to share intel of targets locked by other members of the group.
Also, how much faster would you like to lock? there are already bots/mechs that can lock in 2 seconds, up to 6 targets.

something that can become invisible, lock faster, and probably disable someone who is grinding NPCs in open PvP territory is hard to balance after all. You may get that already with just a change of the Radar feature in a future patch.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

The ability to see, if a container is locked or not, is something that was already requested many times, and IMHO should not be something that needs a special bot or extension.

Thanks for the thoughtful response Recognizer. It seems to me that since having the ability to see (or scan) what types on containers are out there is in such high demand, we might have a latent urge of this games population for just the type of bot as I envisioned. Sounds to me like a niche needing to be filled.

Rather then having an extra bot/mech or extension for that, i would like to see that as squad-leadership extension, to share intel of targets locked by other members of the group.
Also, how much faster would you like to lock? there are already bots/mechs that can lock in 2 seconds, up to 6 targets

When I say quick targeting, I mean a module that, when active, allows you to see hp of bots with mouse over, click, in the radar, etc. Something more like that. And it sounds like something a squad leader could easily delegate, and in fact might love to have taken off his hands.

There are some "stealth" concepts planned, but i don't think that they will implement the full-invisible mode known from other mmo's
(Thats where my earlier comment was aimed at)

A stealth concept doesn't need to be static. There could be modules which are less invisible but allow for harvesting modules to be equipped, modules that have very little invisibility but offer use of weapons, and modules with full invisibility but do not allow for either. If you're worrying about delivery quests becoming too attractive for these types of players, keep in mind that may be the only thing they're good at as far as assignments.