Topic: Incoming colony changes regarding emergency phases

We have discovered an exploit in the emergency shielding system which requires immediate attention. I'm taking a risk by announcing this, but we didn't want to go full ninja here because the fix for this could affect ongoing wars. Obviously I won't disclose the exploit itself.

The changes necessary:
* It won't be possible to break ANY building connection if the network has any building in emergency phase. (Adding buildings to the network is possible.)
* It won't be possible to change the emergency phase's offset time if the network has any building in emergency phase.
* It won't be possible to bring a building in emergency phase offline, and therefore deconstruct it. (Onlining is possible.)

The changes will be deployed asap, likely tomorrow.

Re: Incoming colony changes regarding emergency phases

I'm a bit worried about the first point: If I get it right, it's no-longer possible to switch repair nodes around once something in the network goes to reinforced?

Burial wrote:

I'm a bit worried about the first point: If I get it right, it's no-longer possible to switch repair nodes around once something in the network goes to reinforced?

That's unfortunately correct, but you'll still be able to place and connect new ones, if that's any consolation.

4 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-22 22:16:18)

We have discovered? I thought we told you ages ago that these changes were needed.

RIP PERPETUUM

5 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 21:39:14)

Well, at least its working better now finally.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

We have discovered? I thought we told you ages ago that these changes were needed.

I DID!!!!!!!

BLACKOMENS BASE....

Here is another exploit:  http://imgur.com/1zp6WZ0

Notice here that the enemy forces are blowing up towers that sit behind a terrain wall.

Further your Gamma EWAR turrets will fire neuts constantly allowing the enemy to drain your energy network and waltz right in.

Hrmm... intended game mechanic for EWAR neuts to shoot at the ground???

Here is a pic of that: 

http://imgur.com/hiIvZXi

God save your Gamma bases!!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Here is another picture of the situation where STC and Co. have resorted to using exploits of game mechanics to allow them to essentially assault ANY Gamma base at any level, with virtually any style of defenses:

http://imgur.com/jC7oWtO

Why do I call it an exploit?  Well try to fire at a bot with your ictus's neuts.  If the target is blocked by terrain or vegetation it won't discharge the neut.  In this picture we see an array of EWAR turrets happily smacking the ground to oblivion, meanwhile they aren't even targeting the enemy with suppression or ECM as they should.  The suppression you see on the targets is actually being applied by Opti himself with 4 T4 suppressors. 

Why is this a further exploit?  Because these bots should not be able to even target their terraforming beacon with that much EWAR hitting them.  Further once the exploit is utilized to its fullest your gamma base's energy grid will eventually become completely depleted and allows the enemy to waltz right in and take whatever they choose.

GG

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Lol.

Good Luck.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

10 (edited by Merkle 2013-08-24 07:11:30)

Just please...Please fix the TERRIBLE LAG. Around Gamma's.  Its just terrible.

Also The EW's that are next to a ONE TILE WIDE WALL.  Was considered a exploit from the Dev's, hence why it was changed so Chaos couldn't do said tactic anymore.

As they have sense changed it over the turrets are "in the wall".  Letting outsiders to shoot the said exploited turrets.

Really Opti, educate yourself first before calling exploit.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

All I heard was derp derp derp, I whine to the devs about derp derp and they changed the code for me and my buddy derps.

12 (edited by Merkle 2013-08-24 07:32:33)

And now were moving from a rational conversation to one that is led by complete butt hurt.

I would bother to look up the forum topics for you, but speaking to a irrational commenter, it really won't matter.

Dev's please take a look at the gamma lag.  Its terrible.

It needs to be fixed before the steam drop.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Yea I am as butt hurt about you guys exploiting in this dead game as a bald eagle is butt hurt that there are too many crows in the dumpster.

You can have your garbage... The devs failed their own game.  You win!  You have mighty epeen.

If you forgot about how much epeen you posses Merkle check your self-pontificating sig.  Trolololol.

Lol the devs only "just" found out about this "exploit"

talk about late to the party hmm

The tipping point for these changes was an exploit where you could change around the emergency offset time of structures basically every second. This hasn't been reported ever.

I told you about this months ago on a ticket on Ville!!!!!

@Opti:  Single tile change, and ewar turrets are ***.  Hence why bergers was let go because the design was made obsolete.

Ville: if this is about your "When did two things become capable" ticket then there is nothing in there regarding this exploit.

Welcome to 7 months ago, when we mentions this while we were attacking Landers the first time.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Do you want me to use crayons too?  How about develop the game???  Plus Xad is right too...

OptiKhan: my answer to your ticket should also be public knowledge so here it is:

Turrets don't work like robots, they have their own AI. As said they either use all of their modules at all times or they don't. I'm not saying this is good as it is, and we'll try to make it better once we get around it, but it's certainly not an exploit as it is now.

Even more so because if a network can be drained of all its energy, then that means that it cannot sustain all buildings and is therefore a faulty construction. Neutralizer turrets use a lot of energy, they can drain a lot even if they don't shoot the ground but a robot. Then again it doesn't matter at all what they shoot, the energy usage remains the same.

If your network can be drained dry by simply letting your turrets work, you can do these:
* Build more reactors.
* If your reactors seem to generate enough energy, make sure that the transmitters leading to the turrets have a large enough energy throughput and optimize if necessary.
* Build less turrets, so your network can handle them all properly.

Totally flawed code, imo.

That is why I don't care about this game anymore.  Stopped spreading its "features" by word of mouth to help increase the player base and will otherwise down-vote this game on every rating site available. 

In other words you can take your laggy, broken coded game and fly kites.

GF = good fail

OptiKhan wrote:

Totally flawed code, imo.

That is why I don't care about this game anymore.  Stopped spreading its "features" by word of mouth to help increase the player base and will otherwise down-vote this game on every rating site available. 

In other words you can take your laggy, broken coded game and fly kites.

GF = good fail

Can I have your stuff?

RIP PERPETUUM

tellin ya

in beta until steam

you guys dont beleive me

25 (edited by Burial 2013-08-25 18:20:16)

A lot of crying in this thread for problems that should be avoided with spreadsheets and good enough accumulator plan. Since there wasn't even slightest attempt to add more power sources to the network or even fill it up, I don't see reason for all the drama.

It won't matter if EW turrets shoot with LOS or not. They have no DPS. You should use them with combination of DPS turrets. Don't blame devs for your own bad decisions.