26 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-08-25 15:13:52)

Re: Incoming colony changes regarding emergency phases

Gunner wrote:

tellin ya

in beta until steam

you guys dont beleive me

Hey we have know for a long time this game was a "payed beta"

The funny thing is people think of this whole steam thing as some kind of launch that will bring in lots of new players lol

Ville you are terrible at writing tickets.  I just want to let you know.

Well, if it dont bring in people, its over.   sad

Free 2 Play is the only leep-of-faith I think that can be taken. 

I am not a fan of F2P but why the heck not?

How few people do there have to be?

Homer J Simpson wrote:
Gunner wrote:

tellin ya

in beta until steam

you guys dont beleive me

Hey we have know for a long time this game was a "payed beta"

The funny thing is people think of this whole steam thing as some kind of launch that will bring in lots of new players lol

Seems simple work around... dedicated reactor and batteries to ewar..   Even if the batteries are depleted, a well fed reactor should be able to feed a bunch of them.  With proper balanced you can always have active ewar even if its just fewer.      If this is done right, then they have to deal with physically damaging the ewar while the turrets shoot at them inside the base. 

The days of 500 ewar turrets lagging the gama could be over?

Ewar Turrets drain massive amount of energy. Even a reactor could only fuel a few at best

Homer J Simpson wrote:

Ewar Turrets drain massive amount of energy. Even a reactor could only fuel a few at best

nothing new for me. its always good to do your math before finding a lot mistakes in your own design...

This must also be an exploit, because apparently our alliance was the only ones who knew about it.....

The fact that turrets act differently than bots with regard to LOS is purely stupid coding.

' nuff said.  big_smile

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

34 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-08-27 17:35:53)

Homer J Simpson wrote:

Well we new this and that why we put Ewar turrets on there own reactors and used backbones not transmitters to connect them to batteries.

Reacter -> two Backbones -> four batteries -> 20 Backbones -> 40 ewar turrets

You can add additional Reactors to this configuration if needed.

you just need to do the math to figure out how long you want thing to run I think there is a calculator someone made to get the idea.

Also no amount of power generation is going to protect your base, if you don't defend it. If you guys were actively playing you would have seen the team of bot's sitting on the other side of your wall draining your infrastructure over a period of three days.

NO BASE CAN DEFEND IT'S SELF ON TURRETS ALONE...NO BASE

Ex-specially when it is so easy to monitor.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Xadhoom wrote:

NO BASE CAN DEFEND IT'S SELF ON TURRETS ALONE...NO BASE

Wow really who'd have thought! smile