Re: Shooting plants

Gief greenlight population \o/

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'm offically dubbing them "Greeps".

The greeps will all be hidding in their tutorial instances by the time we are done with them!

28 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-03-31 23:15:52)

well on second thought:
you can already shoot platns on alpha. you just need a second bot behind the plant, flag up and shoot it. so as long as shooting plants will flag you for pvp it will basicly the same as we have atm just a bit more easy then you can do it with one instead of 2 bots.

so i cant see any problems as long as the pvp flag is triggered, and with some adjustments to the wall system.

Let people shoot plants anywhere with no flag...

Change walls from being plants to actually being walls get (rid of decay) .. allow people to shoot them ( they will flag doing this). if people are allowed to shoot walls directly coupled with decay they will pretty useless. not that many people use them to begin with as decay makes them less attractive than just heading out to gamma and doing some TF.

either way ... there is way more important things to work on like new tech and research 2.0

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

well on second thought:
you can already shoot platns on alpha. you just need a second bot behind the plant, flag up and shoot it. so as long as shooting plants will flag you for pvp it will basicly the same as we have atm just a bit more easy then you can do it with one instead of 2 bots.

so i cant see any problems as long as the pvp flag is triggered, and with some adjustments to the wall system.

I didn't think of this, so yeah: this seems to be pretty much what should happen.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

well on second thought:

oh man, this one should win the award for the best suggestion ever...

"Player vs. Plant" flag!

look at those noobs in arkhes, they are shooting drones - now suddenly one accidentally hit a plant and got PvP flagged. Try to explain someone seriously why he loses protection from beeing ***, docking and teleport-access... just because he shot at a plant!

Next thing is that you should pvp flag when shooting NPCs that someone els has already locked, but not loot-flagged yet.
Or everytime you misstype a field-container code!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

well on second thought:

"Player vs. Plant" flag!

look at those noobs in arkhes, they are shooting drones - now suddenly one accidentally hit a plant and got PvP flagged. Try to explain someone seriously why he loses protection from beeing ***, docking and teleport-access... just because he shot at a plant!

Next thing is that you should pvp flag when shooting NPCs that someone els has already locked, but not loot-flagged yet.

Maybe you should get a one hour PvP flag, the next time you log in, for every dumb forum post. I'd be the first one with said flag, but mine sure as hell wouldn't last as long as some peoples would.

Cassius wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

well on second thought:

"Player vs. Plant" flag!

Maybe you should get a one hour PvP flag, the next time you log in, for every dumb forum post. I'd be the first one with said flag, but mine sure as hell wouldn't last as long as some peoples would.

Lol just lol, Cassius that was great.

Annihilator wrote:

That's a brilliant idea actually. God forbid a noob enters beta and gets shot what a tragedy!

Celebro's body guard

Cassius wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

well on second thought:

"Player vs. Plant" flag!

I award best post of the week to Cassius smile