51 (edited by Celebro 2013-03-18 20:02:17)

Re: killboard

DEV Zoom wrote:

I simply asked Mitix whether he would consider turning off the comments. He did so without even replying. He could have said no and I would have accepted it. End of story.

That being the case I'll kindly ask Mitix to turn it back on, all back dated comments have been removed too, and clearly there is no overwhelming demand to remove it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Well you certainly care about it a lot more then me, good luck to ya. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

As long as killboard has no dedicated user for comments, it is good to have comments disable.
Celebro what do you need kb comments for, if you are not even active participating in PvP?

54 (edited by Mouse Slayer 2013-03-18 20:34:23)

The reality of the killboard situation -

People have been asking Mitix for a year + to turn off the comments on the killboard.  I personally think they take away from the game, but you dont have to read them.  I have asked Mitix several times to turn it off and I am ignored as were many.

The bad news.  Pointing out the obvious here, Mitix will lose about 75% or more of his traffic now because people are not rage F5ing the killboard to read the next lolcommentz.  I would estimate, unless he is hosting at home, that he will not get the money to keep it going.  Who knows, that is just speculation.

The pre-bandwagon STC member who hosted the old one isnt doing it any more, I guess.  That was a pretty good and simple board.

Lets have a comprehensive look at the subject of killboard comments "ruining the game".

EVE Online killboards have been filled with trolling gargabe sine the dawn of time, EVE survives..

Diverting a little here, there are thousand of trollVilles in EVE forums, they are lining up one after another and each one is 10x worse than Ville could even imagine he could be;     EVE still survives.

so lets stop the BS about the KB turning away people, its not true mostly.

Ok, if I were to make a decision, I would say the comments are better left off.

There should be a no holds barred place for people to rage all day long though like Scrapheap Challenge kind of thing that is safe from hypermicro management/moderation.

Mouse is rambling a bit now.  I hope everyone has learned something today.

also, there is a change.org project started to chain vil away from posting here on these forums, please support it; hey look how funny i am

;;; oh I almost forgot  --      2012 Top Killers, biotches!!!!

55 (edited by Celebro 2013-03-18 20:54:05)

Goffer wrote:

As long as killboard has no dedicated user for comments, it is good to have comments disable.
Celebro what do you need kb comments for, if you are not even active participating in PvP?

So I don't pvp much, so what? You won't find my main anyways. I think the disabled comments take a lot of free expression away from the kill board. And what mouse says is just about right.

RIP PERPETUUM

regarding the "other" killboard - i wonder why Doek stopped playing, since he was one of the "everything is ok as it is" guys, and especially with this on his page:

Sequer.nl wrote:

This killboard allows access to it's killmail database through a so-called RESTful API. This is important because:

• Not everyone has access to the Perpetuum API.

• In case 'main' killboards go down, such as perp-kill.net, all remaining killboards (i.e. those set up by corporations) can be kept up to date through trusted API's.

yet HIS killboard went down...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

I simply asked Mitix whether he would consider turning off the comments. He did so without even replying. He could have said no and I would have accepted it. End of story.

LOL just LOL, I assume you clearly didn't think this through when you posted this.  The developer of a game that supply's the API so the site actually works asks you to do something, you don't say no.  You say alrighty, done.  Come on Zoom use that noodle on your shoulders for more than a hat rack.

Celebro you clearly didn't see what all was posted there.. whats the point of keeping it up? The game is much better off without these comments.

Burial wrote:

Celebro you clearly didn't see what all was posted there.. whats the point of keeping it up? The game is much better off without these comments.

No haven't read it all I guess , some things I read was ugly, I am not supporting that. That's beside the point, nobody is forced to read a 3rd party website, just give it one more chance, I like to read most comments.

I'll change my mind if anyone left game because of some stupid childish comments. Come on guys, nobody whined for years about this, all of a sudden it's a big problem to have comments.

RIP PERPETUUM

Because STCs Morale fiber is so high!  I don't know if its because they're terrible at trolling or if they're all sensitive little Nancys that care about what the Internet thinks of them..  Lol!

61 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-03-19 18:25:42)

Crusader wrote:

Because STCs Morale fiber is so high!  I don't know if its because they're terrible at trolling or if they're all sensitive little Nancys that care about what the Internet thinks of them..  Lol!

It has nothing to do with moral fiber.  It has everything to do with common decency.  The fact that you cannot understand how calling people F****s, and N*****s, is not only rude, its highly offensive, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  It seems to be a running theme in your corp to spew racist and homophobic remarks at people.  Seeing how ville doesn't understand how the term "Jew" and "***"  is offensive, I wouldn't expect you to either.  Birds of a feather and all that. 

@Mouse.

The one thing you are forgetting is that EVE has an established player base of over 50K players.  Those players aren't gonna leave because of a few rude comments.  However, Perp has an established player base of 200 people.  This game is trying to attract new players, and comments like that WILL keep people away.  Tbh I don't really care about all the racist/homophobic stuff.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but just like all of you, I want to see this game grow and become successful.  Ever wonder why League of Legends has so few new players?  Its because they have one of the most hostile and hateful player base of any game I have seen.  But again, LOL has an established player base.  THIS GAME DOES NOT. 

And more to the point as a DEV,  an owner of a business, and product that you are trying to sell, you don't want sites like Perp-Kill turning your future customers away.  Don't get me wrong, I hope an offical, or officially sponsored kill board can go up, with comments only allowed to logged in users.  There were some hilarious comments on there, and I hope to see them come back,  you just can't give people the ability to post anon cause then you get what we had before.

Anyone else notice the similarity between perp-kill comments and the pre-pubescent bullS*hit that is spammed through the MIC on Xbox live?

Edit:  spelling

The butt hurt is strong in this one.  WHY YOU NO CARE ABOUT MY EFEELINGS????  Lololololololol

Martha Stuart wrote:

Wall of Mad Text

I found something that drives my point home Martha

http://tinyurl.com/ca5pml8

Clearly, all known Ville acoounts need to be forum banned at the same time ...

I just thought I would point out Celebro, the Eve-Kill mail you posted with the comments .... sure language is loose and free in there, and peeps shout down and insult each other ... all good, fine, and permitted ...

But I didn't see 30 consecutive comments of simply N***** or F***** ...  which happens on our kb.
They are too busy on Eve-Kill insulting each other to waste time just trolling offensive words continually, just because.

Thats the difference.

PHM wins, STC loses.  Typical day.

You could say that PHM is... Pay to win. lol

CIR Complaint Form

you mean pay to blob? I think "Pay to blob" sounds a bit right

That one forum warrior

Better open up the RG cookie-jar and find some more accounts.

CIR Complaint Form

69 (edited by Farm worker 2013-03-20 15:30:52)

I shall say the same to you for many of the accounts in CIR. I heard that jar has at least 100 accounts, shouldn't be too hard for you to find some to reactive lol

That one forum warrior

*edit: Personal attack. - DEV Zoom

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

http://sequer.nl/killboard/ is back up and running so you don't have to deal with Perp-kill.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

So Dev Zoom, on the API why does the "restricted" on perp-kill last 30 mins and sequer.nl last 10 mins?  Who controls the restricted part?

The websites are doing it, the API has no such restriction.

So. Technically the administrators of the websites could see immediately who is killed and where, while the rest of the underprivileged have to wait 30 minish?  So let's take Sequer.nl for example.  If the API goes straight to them couldn't the administrator setup a way for some sort of email/alert when something dies in game to go to them. ~30 seconds and then respond to it in game "spark teleport " almost instantly if they are sitting in station?  How is this even remotely fair?  Because if someone gets killed on Dom/Hokko/norhoop you can almost be there instantly.  I often wondered about that feature.  I think its a hardcore unfair advantage for those with the API.

Anyone has access to the API.  Its not some special club that only a select few have access to.  You just need to know what your doing to hook into it.  Its really not difficult at all.  The API is just a standardized access point that allows other software to communicate with a specific system,  and in this case pull information from there server/database.