Topic: killboard

I know you have bigger fish to fry at the moment but I would like the devs to either use their influence or just shut off the API to make perp kill do something about the comments
You cannot as a company be seen to condone that and it is a terrible advertisement for the game.

I'm really grateful for the guy keeping it going but the comments are way out of hand.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: killboard

Second that.     The kill board which is not official pat of the game it does influence a lot and shows a lot of negativity.   If new players find that out many will probably just quit right there.    The other kill board was great because only reported kills and no comments allowed.   I hope Devs do somehow turn that off so that ugly part of the game/community gets addressed.

But who will impersonate Ville then??

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4 (edited by Burial 2013-03-05 21:08:46)

To be honest I often think the game would be better off without perp-kill and just some sort of in-game way of seeing some very basic statistics(most dangerous agents is enough for start).

Oh no.... Not linking kill mails in general chat again..

I have contacted Mitix about the issue.

There was be without comments

And then changed back to with comments.

I think there is no problem. Internet is free thats all.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

It's secretly Inda!  I knew it!

It's your other persona that comes out when you are drunk. wink

10 (edited by Merkle 2013-03-05 22:06:34)

Burial wrote:

To be honest I often think the game would be better off without perp-kill and just some sort of in-game way of seeing some very basic statistics(most dangerous agents is enough for start).

Burial your on thin ice here...just one click away man...one click....

A loggin feature would be nice...with a API code so people cant take other peoples names!

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

The killboard has been like that forever. I still remember Uncle Mo getting trolled for losing his home in a tornado, pretty *** sh*t anyway.

Perp should have an official killboard, preferably one thats not held by a player who gave up on the game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

But how should I insult people then?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

best thing ever done for the community is to turn those comments off.

Good job

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Just implemented.

Hey guys the killboard comments is not just about trolling. This is with the community, metagem or how I should name it. You can learn from there and see what people how thinking.
Not all kill has trollings.

If we have official killboard is ok if you dont want comment but this is not oficcial.

A BIG BIG -1 from me.

Would be cool some other real things what just implement and happen this quick.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Official, linked to the forum/ingame accounts, heavy moderated - that's the way it should be.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Inda wrote:

+1, While killboard comments stopped being funny a long time ago, its not really important in the slightest.

17 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-03-06 17:14:30)

Dazamin wrote:
Inda wrote:

+1, While killboard comments stopped being funny a long time ago, its not really important in the slightest.

Yes it is, if new players look into this game to see if its somthing they want to play and see the racist and homophobic vitriol that is spewed by a select few individuals on the killboards, they are going to think that that is how the whole community is.  So disabling the killboard comments might just be the best thing that could have happened to this game.

Even though that site is not owned or run by AC, it directly impacts and reflects upon AC.  And tbh I am quite surprised at how long the Devs actually let that little S*** show go on.

The problem wasn't the comments themselves but the ability to post them anonymously ... Eliminate that somehow and make people accountable for their comments and you will still get some excellent trolling and anger between sides, minus all the racist and gay crap no one would dare post their name on. In the end, even though I enjoyed jumping into the comments, I really don't care if they are there or not.

Cassius wrote:

The problem wasn't the comments themselves but the ability to post them anonymously ... Eliminate that somehow and make people accountable for their comments and you will still get some excellent trolling and anger between sides, minus all the racist and gay crap no one would dare post their name on. In the end, even though I enjoyed jumping into the comments, I really don't care if they are there or not.

If I remember right, the site owner disabled users because people were creating accounts with other people's user names, and it wasn't worth the time and effort to resolve complaints about so-and-so stole my Perp name.

*** Jita....

Martha Stuart wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Inda wrote:

Yes it is, if new players look into this game to see if its somthing they want to play and see the racist and homophobic vitriol that is spewed by a select few individuals on the killboards, they are going to think that that is how the whole community is.  So disabling the killboard comments might just be the best thing that could have happened to this game.

Even though that site is not owned or run by AC, it directly impacts and reflects upon AC.  And tbh I am quite surprised at how long the Devs actually let that little S*** show go on.

Better they read the forums to see what a mature reasonable group we are instead big_smile

I miss you killboard comments!  Why can't we have a section the website that ties into our user names!

i miss reading all your crap on the KB, ville

Me too!  Now what else is there to do while at work.

25 (edited by Jita 2013-03-11 18:07:04)

Ville wrote:

*** Jita....

Why dont you suck on a big juicy black ....

Lollypop. It will cheer you up!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."