Re: Is the game still growing?

I honestly like Inda's idea and had suggested something similar. Before Agents are integrated into Nia they stop in a tutorial island. While on the island they can try different aspects of the game, races, bots, weapons etc.. They can stay as long as they want and try and practice whatever. But when you leave the tutorial island and enter the main game, all you bring with you is your EP. No money, or items, or anything. You leave the island, reroll your character and spend whatever EP you have on something at least while making a more informed decision.

You should be able to at least triple your new player retention rate, at the minimum.

Im not too sure that will work, giving new players all the stuff to try out will not make them stay. They will just leave once they try everything, whats left to do.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

whats left to do.

Play the game.

It would at least allow them to make a choice on which faction they want to play. Just because they tried all three faction light bots doesn't mean they would just leave the game thinking they had done everything there is in the game.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

At least allowing them to start in a arkhe and perform a test with a Tyrannos/Artemis/Kain fit properly to understand how they play differently they can make a mildly informed decision. Either via a video or personal play.

yay, its the greatest idea ever,

i wonder why those AAA+ game titles don't do that.
Let me test a character with maxed out level during the tutorial.
Are you serious?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

81 (edited by Inda 2013-02-23 11:45:57)

I hope Anni you didnt read out this is from my post.

You are right some way but I think we should solve one of the biggest problem here.
(btw I dont bother how just need to solve it, if this wont solve it forget it, I never say I know the best solution, I just thinking)

- new player retention
- new player cant decide properly what faction he should use

- this will help retention I think because mor interesting things can happen there and they want to go the "real"
   Perpetuum
- they will have some experience for this choice

Ok thats need some nasty manpower from DEVs but this things is one of the biggest problems here. Why we sgould think of it?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

nono, didn't read that out of your post,
thats something i read everytime the tutorial simulator/instance topic comes up.

the problem is that there are three combat factions + industrial to choose from that have not much meaning in the gameworld at all. Then the new player are spread among three noob-islands, that have neaerly identical content.
After something between minutes and hours gameplay, those new player are "forced" into joining player corps, laying off their "faction" choice, which was nothing but a weapon choice after all.

the implementation of an offline tutorial instance will enable the DEVs with their limited knowledge and experience in level-design, to revert the alpha1 NPCs back to hostile grindspots for macro-farming kernels and fragments.

sure, that tutorial instance will help holding a few more noobs ingame because they could finish the tutorial without kilometer long walks in an arkhe with a geoscanner accuracy of ~30% (if i understand it right, that means a directional charge arrow can be ~60° off!) and running into npcs that kill them all the time.

BUT it wont hold those who leave after 2 (trial) or 6 (1 sub) weeks because the gameplay is plain boring.
At that time, most of them are already in mechs fully fitted with medium weapons (endgame)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Also just to be clear, because it came up in general chat: we currently don't plan to use instancing for missions.

That's disappointing - unless you forgot the word "yet".

For clarity I only spam the forums when I'm drinking.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

For clarity I only spam the forums when I'm drinking.

Which is always.

Lol, it has been a lot here lately whilst living out of a hotel.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.