Topic: Any Plans for this game

So, I've come back after six months or so, and all the things that really annoyed me, like bad TP layout, Intrusion 2.0, various bot imbalances, clunky UI, lack of roaming PvP, etc, etc, etc, etc are all still here, can anyone tell me if these things are ever likely to be addressed, or is all that stuff seen as irrelevant to what the devs want to do with the game?

Re: Any Plans for this game

They're fixing the newbie experience & PVE before Steam, which is probably the last chance at a decent pop. I wouldn't expect any changes in the next 2-3 months on those issues that seem to bother you.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Well thats pretty much what I expected, I just wondered if maybe a dev had mentioned any of those things over the last 6 months. The PvP stuff I get is not a big priority, thats been made pretty clear, but when it comes to TPs, being able to move around the gameworld without it being a giant paint in the *** seems like an important thing for newbies and vets alike.

Standard TPs are your friend

Crusader wrote:

Standard TPs are your friend

Yeah why should TPs be useful anyway right?

It's not bad, just takes a minute to get used to the changes.

Crusader wrote:

It's not bad, just takes a minute to get used to the changes.

you mean 3 minutes cooldown after placing your teleport beacon after walking 1km away from the terminal.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Stop trolling Anni.

9 (edited by Gharl Incognito 2013-02-16 03:03:40)

Easy Gamma access is easy to achieve.  Spark Teleporting is the way to go.

On anothre point; what do you mean by 'roaming PvP'?  It's not just grouping up and ganking miners and such is it?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

10 (edited by Dazamin 2013-02-16 03:39:34)

Gharl Incognito wrote:

Easy Gamma access is easy to achieve.  Spark Teleporting is the way to go.

On anothre point; what do you mean by 'roaming PvP'?  It's not just grouping up and ganking miners and such is it?

Spark Teleporting and Mobile TPs are fine, but they don't change the fact that getting around 'on foot' is now a pretty horrible experience, much worse than it ever was before the teleport layouts was changed.

I guess I don't understand why in this game with such a low population, you want to make it worse by having a horrible transport system, and Islands where the whole entrance is terraformed to stop anyone getting in.

By roaming PvP, I mean going solo or with some other guys around Islands to look for fights and/or ganks, but for 99% of the time this may as well be a single player game, I don't even see many other players, even on Alpha, I guess they're all behind their walls on Gamma.

This has been a big issue for a lot of players for a long time, and now most of them have left the game. Coming back I was hoping that these issues would have at least been acknowledged by the devs over the last few months, but it seems not.

Dazamin I understand you. And many things I agreed also.

I only have 1 question, should be good write some ideas to solve this problem, do you have any, if we bring some good ideas DEV s will think of it.

Good to see you.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

they changed the Teleport routes, yes.
they have added more highways, yes.

the highway layout, clearly visible now after showing them on radar, is horrible. I have once asked if its the lack of willpower or manpower to fix that. no answer means probably both.

roaming pvp is not in sight with any change, since pvp consists of running around and running away. You can see already at 3km range if you could win a fight or not. Nothing has changed about that fact within the last 3 years, as seen in general chat once a day with all the *** in chat.
Groups simply do not clash if not both sides think they can win, and all the DEVs did up to now, was making running away harder if you are engaged in combat.

spark teleporting... well, great feature. player moving around in VR instead of terrain. is a great help in a game that deemed "station games" as negative aspect of EVE that they do not want to carry over.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I see nothing wrong with teleport placement or intrusion 2.0, we got what we asked for.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I see nothing wrong with teleport placement or intrusion 2.0, we got what we asked for.

Its not what I asked for, or wanted, and it would seem from those who have left that I'm not the only one.

15 (edited by Lemon 2013-02-16 22:57:29)

Celebro wrote:

I preffered Intrusion 1.0....

The kings got to line up all there knights and peons and clash once a week at a set time for who is better.

But this change was to allow everyone beta access and not rely on larger numbers.

Tell me Celebro, How have these mechanics helped you keep Hokk for your smaller corporation?

Despite the travel improvements it still feels the same as release(if not worse) because im traveling farther for even less players. At least in release when i moved over 1 of the 6 island it took me 20 mins but i got a  fight when i got to the next one.... Last night i spent 30+ moving across 3 using 1 Interzone and 2 Standard

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

16 (edited by Celebro 2013-02-16 23:21:26)

The idea was to make the game world larger hence the travel times. All those criss crossing teleport lines where just going to get worse every time the world expands. Like it or not the game is now more balanced for more players, before it was not, and distances bring barriers of safety and a sense of a much larger open world, before with six island it looked more like a combat arena than a game world.

Everyone and their mother whined with alarm clocking on the old intrusion system and M2S taking nearly all the outpost, now the new intrusion proves actual presence to keep hold which is fine.

Going back on the old improves nothing.

RIP PERPETUUM

I preffered Intrusion 1.0....

I kinda agree...all they really needed to do was to make it so you have to take it twice or three times in a row.

Taking a certain percent of saps.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I also preferred the old Intrusion system, which isn't to say it was great, just better than now. Some kind of time setting for the owner would have helped maybe, alarm clocking is no fun.

On the teleports, I appreciate the idea of making the gameworld bigger, although I would have preferred an actual bigger game world, that way you end up with some places being easy to get to where others are harder, what you have now is everywhere being annoying to get to and having to carry mobile tps everywhere. If you want to make mobiles practically compulsory to move anywhere give the bots a built in ability to jump to tps and be done with it.

Celebro wrote:

Everyone and their mother whined with alarm clocking on the old intrusion system and M2S taking nearly all the outpost, now the new intrusion proves actual presence to keep hold which is fine.

Going back on the old improves nothing.

A key factor in this point is that 1 Group of players had a limitless supply of bots to use in these once a week intrusions and by no means am i trying to say that the old system is superior or better than the new. Simply that I preferred the feel and result of the old system to the current.

The fact that i can make a tactical decision to wait knowing it will take you 3+ alarm clocks before i have to break a sweat i am not even forced to show up. Thus my attacker has spent 1.5-2 days of there time fighting nothing, Lets say i show up once at 50 and smash his 15 man fleet that 1.5 days ago was 25 but shrank to boredom. Now they have a loss.

Lets say i don't show at 65 and they show with 5 to hit it and get it to 50. I don't show again and its 10 again and i show with my 25 and smash it.  I go back up to 50 Now and at the next intrusion which is now 3-3.5 days ext ext ext

Some may recognized this as i have used it to defend my SAP's to manage enemy numbers. The problem is intrusions can be leveraged to be as painful for a attacker as it is a Defender and you still arn't forced to fight over them.  I mean at this point the only outposts worth the effort are the ones affected by  zooms post about Mission abuse....

TL:DR the current system is only a hindrance to the low pop and nothing beyond a Chore.  PO needs to start evaluating How to reach that fabled population to make all these systems and mechanics "work" the way they intended or lay the system out to scale up from where its at. What IF steam fails?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

What IF steam fails?

i think this sums it up:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag … rh0q1R5AEw

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I would love to have some input from a Dev on this, my own point of view is that a number of changes have been detrimental to PvP in Perpetuum, I also think that stats on player activity and PvP activity are likely to back up that opinion. Do the devs feel that territory control and roaming PvP need 'fixing' in some way? Or do they feel that the current system fits their vision of what Perpetuum should be?

If steam fails, the only logical next step is either new owners or shutdown after a protracted period of beating a dead horse imo.

CIR Complaint Form

Remove SAP cans, remove sample(or whatever they're called, the SAPs you need to put stuff in), make all SAPs Active Hacking, make SAPs active far more often and raise the required level to lock players out of Beta terminals. It would also be good if one could hack an active SAP without taking overt control of the Outpost.

Beta is now a warzone/buffer between the utter safety of Apha and the wilderness of Gamma... with the changes to teleports(spark teleports in particular) and the introduction of interzone teleports it would be nice if Beta could be made more dynamic and MUCH harder to hold.  With the current population a large Corp that decides they want an Outpost will take it unless the other power bloc tries to stop them.

Ideally control of Beta should be good for merc corps and those wishing to control supply lines; any Corp that can will build on Gamma, so why hold Beta as anything more then a fort?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Just as a rough idea I was thinking about, with Gamma now being the place where corps build their bases, does Beta need to have Player owned outposts where others can be locked out of? Alpha is controlled by NPC corporations and PvP there is controlled, Gamma is Player Corp owned, outposts are built, defences put down and terraforming is done to make it safer for the owners. Can Beta not have more of a wild west, lawless feel? There would probably need to be things to fight over on Beta, reasons to be there as a corp, but I kind of feel that these would be better separated from outpost control.

It's already wild west. hmm

CIR Complaint Form