Re: Any Plans for this game

Syndic wrote:

It's already wild west. hmm

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

I think of it like this, the corps that control outposts on Beta are the same corps that can control Gamma Islands. Beta could be a good place for smaller corps to set up, make some ISK or harass supply routes of larger corps, etc. But they will run into the problem that its pretty easy for those large corps to control the outposts on Beta, so they can't be used to stage from. I'm just asking, now we have Gamma, do Outposts on Beta still need to be player owned?

It doesn't matter who owns the outposts in a PVP area. Players are starved for pvp, and there will always be a few pirates out there with full stealth waiting for players to undock from the outposts, if not a full roaming group.

The concept of small corps operating in pvp area's has come up many times, the same is true even for big corps with low EP, they are easy targets. Eventually they will get frustrated by their losses and abandon beta/gamma, as there is no benefit to them (since they can't use the land or outpost do to being hunted all the time) living out there.

29 (edited by Dazamin 2013-02-17 22:22:30)

Arga wrote:

The concept of small corps operating in pvp area's has come up many times, the same is true even for big corps with low EP, they are easy targets. Eventually they will get frustrated by their losses and abandon beta/gamma, as there is no benefit to them (since they can't use the land or outpost do to being hunted all the time) living out there.

I used to solo roam as a newish player, it worked fine. It's now harder to move anywhere and there's nowhere to dock so it doesn't work as well. The idea that its impossible for smaller entities to ever do anything on beta is not true, but it has been made much harder over the last few patches.

Intrusion 2.0 had the goal to reward preseence in that outpost. yet it failed to a huge degree at that, since it rewards even more those who are able to be at the SAP at the right time.

if the stability is below a lockdown limit, spark teleport enables now to do that even without alt accounts or account sharing...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Intrusion 2.0 had the goal to reward preseence in that outpost. yet it failed to a huge degree at that, since it rewards even more those who are able to be at the SAP at the right time.

Pretty much. The thing was it was pretty predictable what would happen, and it was the last straw for one corp who ended up leaving the game over that change. The devs asked players to give it time when we brought up concerns about how Intrusion 2.0 would work, we did, it hasn't worked and so it should be looked at again imo.

32 (edited by Lemon 2013-02-18 00:02:49)

Arga wrote:

It doesn't matter who owns the outposts in a PVP area. Players are starved for pvp

This is the main issue:

Players who move from Alpha->Beta dont have time to learn how to SURVIVE on beta. The Vet's know how to survive and flourish. Players are thrown from 100% safety into the  shark infested water that is so deprived of food, all that exists are larger more dominate and experienced sharks eat the lesser ones.

At some point the food chain will break as they will run out of food.

Unlike stEVE there is twitch factors involved in the combat within PO enough so that a newer player(2-3Months) can outplay  a veteran but that player has to know how and know there limits. Getting curb stomped at every turn with the inability to learn or really progress in PvP short of joining along with the ones on top atm is why so many have flopped.

Lets look at this comment from the KB 

Cir would have to log in and do something...right?

Yes because we not have farmed a couple hundred million epi in the last few days nor make a couple billion nic off plasma either, but I will just leave it at we havn't been online.....

The only way a New corp full of low EP players could/would survive on beta is by having the ropes shown to them. Look at STC when they first came "We wont Allie any faction or accept any help" they tried going toe-to-toe with me over Dana which they were unable to defend against just me as a group of 20+ active members,  let alone if i showed up with 1-3 other players in tow.

They tried adapting and learning and to be honest they learned rather quickly but again, against superior Tech/EP/Tactics/Twitch they cant compete despite the numbers. Obviously STC got outside help from multiple factions in game and even got some of the "advisment" or "guidence" they need inside there corp finally. This allowed them to begin to turn in to a real corp but the damage had already been done to there morale and people.

Just as it happened to many other corps in the past.  I would go toe-to-toe with merkle all day, you couldnt pay me enough nic to go hunt Demon theory and there corp as it is no challenge but for those starved they are a great means to be fed.

I was a grave offender in squashing groups of players because the tears/reactions are great, but this goes well beyond a few simple mechanics.

The only corp worth note that has survived through and grown from such onslaught are the guys now in <12> who used to only play in light/assaults as they developed and grew as players to be feared and respected in PvP. I saw as there fits grew beyond simple pure Speed/DPS fleets and in to small organized groups of DPS supported by EW and so on and on.

I used to take them on by the 5+ on my own and now i would think twice before engaging 1 while alone. (given they graduated from little bots now)

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

2 things what also didnt helped the small scale pvp, multi ammo is deleted and detectors. But other hand they are good.

But nowadays the game is about to change, Gamma will rise and we will see what can happen. Gamma generate more bots and have many place to hide. So Daz I also dont like the state where we is.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

the thought & posts in this thread prompted me to write down & post an idea about intrusion 3.0

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/78227/#p78227

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Lemon wrote:

Players who move from Alpha->Beta dont have time to learn how to SURVIVE on beta. The Vet's know how to survive and flourish. Players are thrown from 100% safety into the  shark infested water that is so deprived of food, all that exists are larger more dominate and experienced sharks eat the lesser ones.

I agree with this, but that will be true to some extent of any game with Open World PvP and Time Based Skilling. I do think there are game mechanics that could be (and should be) adjusted to improve things even slightly in PvP, otherwise nothing will ever change.