26 (edited by Annihilator 2013-02-01 14:09:26)

Re: Bugged Reinforcement

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
IamNewb wrote:

... I say fix it if the bug exist ...

There is no bug, as I pointed out at #14, it is a mis-understanding of when the counter decrements.

so it is not even a bug when the station owner himself cannot tell (remember <12> had the same with their terminal)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently we have a bug that affects the logging of emergency phases, therefore we cannot be sure what really happened. However we are not sure there is anything wrong with the emergency mechanic either.

What we can do is deploy the logging fix in the next patch, and if we see any bug with the emergency mechanic after that, we'll revisit past events too.

what happened to your DEV server? can't you simply set the timers for 2 minutes and just shoot at a building and count down from 3 to 0, while a second dev is watching the colony management info and doing timer-scans?

Thats all you need to do to confirm the bug in this topic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Interestingly, and I include this just for information. The point at which the number of phases decrements seems to be different for buildings as this image shows: Scan Result

Also worth noting is that, despite being confirmed that emergency phases only end at whole hours (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/77197/#p77197) this scan shows minutes too. Unfortunately I couldn't be there to observe at what times these structures came out of emergency mode.

Also worth noting that the terminal from which these structures derived command came out of emergency mode on a different day despite being put into emergency mode within an hour or so of the structures in the scan.

Could it be that the offset timer is not being applied to buildings further down the chain of command? If so is this working as intended or a bug?

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Also worth noting is that, despite being confirmed that emergency phases only end at whole hours (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/77197/#p77197) this scan shows minutes too. Unfortunately I couldn't be there to observe at what times these structures came out of emergency mode.

The logical explanation here would be scanning accuracy, which adds a random deviation to times. Depending on the time between the scanning and the emergency phase's end, and your scanning accuracy, this could mean even hours of inaccuracy.

which vet has not 100% geoscan accuracy?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

which vet has not 100% geoscan accuracy?

I had assumed 100% but closer examination of the full image reveals use of a T2 geoscanner. Even on an Argano this isn't necessarily 100%. I will have him taken out and flogged later smile

T4 geo scanner and 99.7 percent  accuracy.  You guys are elevating and speculating and derailing the thread.  It's clear what happened on the day we returned the second time the terminal bugged and it lost its last reinforcement.  It had Not been attacked in the previous 3 days and even Merkle/Lucian/whoever plays hiphopopattums stated that the terminal was supposed to have one more reinforcement.  This was stated in general chat 5 minutes prior to this thread going live.  The people claiming that the terminal had only 2 phases are the same people who were able to loot the can and wanting to hold onto the loot.  Honestly Zoom, this thread has run its course and drew attention to the matter.  It's a shame players purposely lie and shameless craft theory's in order to collect some pixels.  Thread can close.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

32 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-02-01 23:25:03)

Ville wrote:

.. players purposely lie and shameless craft theory's in order to collect some pixels.  Thread can close.

Not on an accusation like that it can't. I have not crafted a theory that I know to be false in order that some corp/alliance members can get a bit of loot. My only purpose is to give feedback to Devs and the whole community.

If you shoot a standard terminal into its first emergency mode and then scan it the result will read 3 emergency phases remaining.

[EDIT added word "standard"[/EDIT]

.......  The level of incompetence here is making me support abortions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

But had you gotten the loot this thread would of never shown up, its crazy!

Report and let the DEV Team pick up the pieces.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

35 (edited by Canthra Monero 2013-02-02 22:19:54)

BTW ville that was me standing outside the terminal that said that, I will admit it was not until after the fact that I discovered what ludlow is talking about and understood my error. Like I said to make it easy for all the peoples to understand, when playing rock paper scissors some people say 3, 2, 1 and go on 1 some people say 3, 2, 1, 0 and go on zero. Simply enough this system does the first and goes on 1 its not broken just a matter of interpretation that most of us have overlooked, a bit wonky but not broken. They have 3 cycles period.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/  These people go on shotgun too.