1 (edited by Ville 2013-01-30 22:36:31)

Topic: Bugged Reinforcement

As I understand this A standard main terminal gets 3 reinforcement times.  That means you Hit the base ->reinforce -> hit the base -> reinforce -> Hit the base-> reinforcement ->destroy the base.  A small group of bots attacked Blackomen Defence Sector 1's base on Chalydor.  The initial time it was hit the base was put into reinforcement.  Upon arriving the second time we shot the base instantly when it came out of reinforcement and proceeded to kill all the standard stuff around the base. (We initially shot it when we attacked the base.)  Upon leaving I ran back upto the base because I did not notice a reinforcement (30 mins later) as we were leaving and lock the terminal and shot it again.  It went back into reinforcment but never once did the terminal ever flag, so we thought it was just graphics jacking up.  Upon arriving the 3rd time to what should have been a reinforcement timer, we were greeted to a terminal that was completely killable.  Now, I am an honest person and I believe whats right is right, I did not really think about this till AFTER we engaged a fleet of mechs and someone mentioned we only showed up twice after the initial shot.

The terminal completely bugged and the Terminal and ALL it's asset should be transfered over to Black Omen Defense Sector 1's CEO.  I believe that is fair and it concernes me because we had similar bugs on Lander's Bridge where things that shouldn't have came out of reinforcement did days early.  I think this is a serious bug and anything lost on Gamma in the past three weeks should be refunded to their respective CEO, just like Black Omen's assets on Chalydor.

This is not an new bug either, STC destroyed a <12>  base on novaya trava and Kanogi had 1 emergency phase left via colony managment on his screen but the base came out of reinforcement and was killed.

But I think it's only fair for those that legitmately lost something to game mechanics failing be refunded their lost items.  So everything including the lost structures should be refunded.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Bugged Reinforcement

Well the base did flag.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

3 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-31 00:08:48)

How can you be sure before you attacked blackomen's base someone already reinforced it once?

RIP PERPETUUM

I scanned thstation when we attacked it the first time, before we reinforced it there was 3 reinforcement timers according to the scan.  It was bugged.  That station should not have exploded today.

Wow Ville... Really?.. There are lot of bugs on gamma?.. I soooooooooo surprised... so suprised... neutral

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

7 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-01-31 14:57:33)

it would help your case ville if you knew what you are talking about.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

8 (edited by Burial 2013-01-31 12:09:54)

Plain attempt at denying loot for us.

By the way, you could've killed us if the Mesmers you had would've helped your side and not beacon off. I guess it's better to cry on forums than go all-in and win. You'll start to loose allies very soon if you constantly betray them in battles.

// Battle summary added: http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=252491

Not really, Burial you pair 2 vagabonds and an ictus mk2 with a support bot against a combat fleet with no ewar, and since you were 17/24 successful jams on Anni and like 24/25 on someone else we wegihed the option to leave instead and keep the throw away mechs behind. 

Simple truth is we thought we had a reinforcement and we showed up unprepared.  Had the game worked as inteneded it would have been a major Op and things would have been properly stage, hence why three people showed up in the beginning going wtf is going on and then called in those available instead of properly planning. 

We intended showing up putting the base in reinforcement and leaving.  But since the game obviously bugged it really goes back to a situation were because of faulty game mechanics an undesirable game play happened that led to someone losing a base.  Honestly, I want it restored to it's proper owner.  But if you feel like looting the remaments of your allys base to keep for yourself is more important Burial, then by all means troll on.  This is a serious thread please take your trolling to CD,

I don't see a reason why everything in 2-3 weeks should be reimbursed, why it's not since new reinforcement implemented? What are you trying to achieve here, Ville?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

11 (edited by Annihilator 2013-01-31 13:56:22)

Line wrote:

I don't see a reason why everything in 2-3 weeks should be reimbursed, why it's not since new reinforcement implemented? What are you trying to achieve here, Ville?

server crashes are nothing new either - so next time you lose something to a servercrash - would you say the same?

sidenote: i didnt die there because of someones skills, but my mere inexperience in pvp and the overwhelming difference in control between perpetuum and firefall.

dunno how often i tried jumping and running in those few minutes...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

thing is that according to what Ville said this bug exist long enough, but he asks to reimburse just 2-3 weeks losses. That's pretty interesting.

how many bases got *** since the bug exist? how many attacker! have reportet that their target terminal blow up to early?

so, bug is most likely 6 month old, never beeing adressed.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

The first base I ever scanned with an intrusion scanner was already in reinforcement and the number of phases left was given as 3. This surprised me, I expected the scan to read 2.

The counter includes the current reinforcement phase.

The moment that the Chalydor base came out of reinforcement on Wednesday the counter changed from one to zero and the PvP flag flipped on.

Burial wrote:

Plain attempt at denying loot for us.

By the way, you could've killed us if the Mesmers you had would've helped your side and not beacon off. I guess it's better to cry on forums than go all-in and win. You'll start to loose allies very soon if you constantly betray them in battles.

// Battle summary added: http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=252491

As one of the allies who were there it was the right decision. We had a fleet for base killing and the base died. You had a fleet for gang killing and you killed a gang. Kudos to both. If the mesmers has stayed we could have perhaps won but it would have been an uphill fight vs that.much ewar backed with a symbiant. Cutting your losses after the objective was complete was the right choice to make.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

16 (edited by Annihilator 2013-02-01 00:23:11)

btw, can someone explain me why i had zero lag issues until xadhoom/burial showed up ?

it felt like a deja vu from the rather short battle around PHM base where i could run around with a detector yagel for half an hour while some heavy mechs where shooting at it, but when i showed up in a zenith with lemons group, i had huge lag spikes ending with a CTD.

And in this case, you cannot blame the base or the number of agents invovled - both was rather small scale. such lag spikes never happen to me during PvE with far more NPCs on screen.

Listen I REALLY upset that I didn't get a chance to have an epic fight over a terminal on Saturday!  I had invited some guests of honor too =/  Sad...

then maybe you should have stop shooting it then

2nd Top Killer 2012

If we did that it would have taken 6 more days, which would be on Tuesday.  Unfortately, I have this thing called a Job, and unlike your masters job, it envolves me actually going outside  big_smile

20 (edited by IamNewb 2013-02-04 12:45:57)

Enough bickering on a bug forum. Leave this to serious discussion about a game you play so the Devs will continue take is seriously.

I say fix it if the bug exist while leaving everything as it is or roll the entire server back to the start of the glitch. Those would be the only fair options. I say if the bug exist because I have no personal proof of it and the Devs have much more information about how the game is suppose to work then all of us combined.

Ville wrote:

If we did that it would have taken 6 more days, which would be on Tuesday.  Unfortately, I have this thing called a Job, and unlike your masters job, it envolves me actually going outside  big_smile

what picking up garbage

2nd Top Killer 2012

IamNewb wrote:

Enough bickering on a bug forum. Leave this to serious discussion about a game you play so the Devs will continue take is seriously.

I say fix it if the bug exist while leaving everything as it is or roll the entire server back to the start of the glitch. Those would be the only fair options. I say if the bug exist because I have no personal proof of it and the Devs have much more information about how the game is suppose to work the game then all of us combined.

What he said. You don't touch it, or rollback to the beginning to make it fair.

Xadhoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

what picking up garbage

Thats what I do in game, when I loot your cans big_smile

IamNewb wrote:

... I say fix it if the bug exist ...

There is no bug, as I pointed out at #14, it is a mis-understanding of when the counter decrements.

Learning things by experience and experiment is part of a sandbox in my opinion. It is frustrating when official publications (update blogs, in game help, blogs etc) can be less than comprehensive on detail or ambiguous but we've been over that issue and that is why we have a wiki now smile

... this reminds me, must get round to writing a few more things for it. Been a bit busy lately.

Currently we have a bug that affects the logging of emergency phases, therefore we cannot be sure what really happened. However we are not sure there is anything wrong with the emergency mechanic either.

What we can do is deploy the logging fix in the next patch, and if we see any bug with the emergency mechanic after that, we'll revisit past events too.