Topic: Will I have to research on 2 characters?

I currently have research and recycling on one character and industrial production on another.

With the upcoming changes to research, where you stated that "if you have it researched in your own knowledge base as well as your corps you'll get a factory production bonus", will I need to research everything on my production character as well as my CT-making char?

Can we get a EP reset so I can account for this?

Re: Will I have to research on 2 characters?

so far as i have understood:

you get a bonus to your prototyping if corporation and agent has the tech. has nothing to do with your factory char.

dont know how that can effect mass production...

but maybe i am wrong.

Devblog wrote:

having the same item researched in your own knowledgebase AND in the knowledgebase of your corporation as well will provide a factory production bonus for you.

So yes, if you intend to utilize that factory bonus, you will need to use the same character for research and production.

And no, there won't be an EP reset due to this. It's a new feature, not something that would negatively impact what you can do currently.

Will the corp knowledge base bonus only affect production in beta/gamma island factories, or will this also affect production on Alpha?

Answer by Zoom in-game, this will affect Alpha and all other factories. It's a flat production bonus.

Corps with research base now mandatory for all indy guys.

I wouldn't call it "mandatory". Remember that in the new point-based production system that we have for a while now, if you already have a high efficiency, more points won't help as much.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I wouldn't call it "mandatory". Remember that in the new point-based production system that we have for a while now, if you already have a high efficiency, more points won't help as much.

i would call it mandatory for alpha/bete dweller then, and not mandatory for gamma dweller that can boost their stations points to about tripple of the maximum you could ever archieve on alpha.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

By that logic maxing out every production extension is also mandatory for everyone, so let's not go there smile

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

i would call it mandatory for alpha/bete dweller then, and not mandatory for gamma dweller that can boost their stations points to about tripple of the maximum you could ever archieve on alpha.

Wait, you mean there an incentive to live on Gamma? Who knew! I guess there's a reason to take all the risk of death and all the costs of facilities and bases and terraforming.

Depends I guess on if it's a significant bonus.

If it's worth the equal of 4-6+ points into a skill, then sure, it's important enough to be 'mandatory'. I'm already at the point where I wish I could max out my production skills all from 8 to 10, that would allow me to compete better on the alpha markets.

There's several items I can't profitably make with 'only' level 6-8 in all production and research/proto and financial skills because of steep alpha competition.(across 2 chars, which makes this extra harsh on me, since I'll have to wait 6+ months to be able to consolidate them on one char, since I had already started EP spending generalizing into mining and combat and such.)

Should alpha markets be closed to anyone under 600k EP? Should there be the ability to specialize in one aspect of production? These changes say one thing, the older game said another. Which is why I think there should be an EP reset of production skills. Since this will drastically affect how competitive some characters are.(namely: ME!)

Xira Indy Production wrote:

Should alpha markets be closed to anyone under 600k EP? Should there be the ability to specialize in one aspect of production? These changes say one thing, the older game said another. Which is why I think there should be an EP reset of production skills. Since this will drastically affect how competitive some characters are.(namely: ME!)

WTF are you trying to flood the market with T4 Nexus and T4 demobs? Honestly you can be competitive from day one with 40k EP just make mining charges and ammo then under cut sell orders. Then move to to Light and assault bots or move to t2 light weapons and t2 headslot mods minus the big sellers like d-mobs and such. Pick and choose what you make vs what the market is missing or has a big demand but low supply. You won't make millions over night with any thing.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

12 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-13 16:52:13)

My protoyper and producer accounts are separate. Guess which account, I will stop subbing the game to? Especially since the producer is maxed out on mass production this is not going to make much of a difference, due to the 'production points' indy changes. Too bad. sad

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 celebro

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

So apparently it's also something for those "the devs always balance the game towards multiaccounting"-arguments. (Which always boggled my mind, but that's another topic.)

DEV Zoom wrote:

So apparently it's also something for those "the devs always balance the game towards multiaccounting"-arguments. (Which always boggled my mind, but that's another topic.)

Why did you add a follow bot option then?

What use is there for a single account to use follow?

Aside from that don't see any other balancing towards multi accounting, the rest are just features intended to enhance the multiplayer aspect, with the obvious side effects.

RIP PERPETUUM

We never added a "follow bot option". It just happens that the approach function can be used on everything, including moving targets.

17 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-13 18:41:48)

I believe you, when you added approaching moving targets 'unintentionally' , without thinking it will promote multi-accounting. Players have got used to it so much, that it will be game breaking to remove it, so it's a tough choice to do so.

Same as this thread issue, when you remove something where multi-accounting does not gain an advantage, I lose EP (as I don't 'need' the account), you lose subs. I sympathize now, changes are tough. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Already production efficiency skills are blood useless. Industry nerfs or changes need a LOT of feedback and test server love.every time there has been an industry change it has lost the game players.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

So those who have research and factory on separate accounts will unsub one account simply because they will not GAIN a small bonus when the game is patched? You're not losing anything. You are also forgetting by having subbed 2 accounts and specializing them you were able to get better prototyping and better factory advantages quicker than the person who had both on one account. Conveniently forgetting when things are in your favour ... I guess you want all advantages all the time.  Also, Xira, just join our corp, you can produce your items with our bonused facilities on Gamma and be able to easily compete with the Alpha producers.

Of course some people will lose an advantage when things are changed. But IMO the intent of this change is to FIX a cumbersome research system that pretty much EVERYONE in game agrees that it sucks! My attitude is I want this game working better overall so maybe it will actually survive. If it costs me some slight inconvenience so be it. I'd rather waste a week of EP and play a great and lasting game than 2 years of EP on a game that stops existing.

All that depends on bonus - will it work ONLY when you close all the personal kb or it will work for those items you've opened exactly.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

21 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-13 20:26:24)

Cassius wrote:

So those who have research and factory on separate accounts will unsub one account simply because they will not GAIN a small bonus when the game is patched? You're not losing anything. You are also forgetting by having subbed 2 accounts and specializing them you were able to get better prototyping and better factory advantages quicker than the person who had both on one account. Conveniently forgetting when things are in your favour ... I guess you want all advantages all the time.  Also, Xira, just join our corp, you can produce your items with our bonused facilities on Gamma and be able to easily compete with the Alpha producers.

Of course some people will lose an advantage when things are changed. But IMO the intent of this change is to FIX a cumbersome research system that pretty much EVERYONE in game agrees that it sucks! My attitude is I want this game working better overall so maybe it will actually survive. If it costs me some slight inconvenience so be it. I'd rather waste a week of EP and play a great and lasting game than 2 years of EP on a game that stops existing.

I am ok with the research changes, but the bonus given to prototypers is not really necessary at all, in fact there is no reason to implement it.

What's next a bonus to mining if you are a harvester?. Maxed out mass producers were already nerfed a while back anyways, this bonus just makes it even worse.

RIP PERPETUUM

Cassius wrote:

I don't mind them changing things. This seems like a good common-sense change that will make the game more fun. I'm just trying to make them aware that they are making specialization a thing of the past, and I am stating that I think they should offer an EP reset to those affected.

An EP reset won't make me (much) more viable at mass production on Alpha, but it will allow me to keep an account that would otherwise get tossed because it's a dedicated prototype r, and I'm not willing to spend the kernels to get 2 characters up to speed in terms of their knowledge base, now that that will be necessary. I'll likely just let one account expire and wait out the other one while it skills up in terms of prototyping.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has an account this change will make superfluous.

Well I'm glad I'm an all in one Indy, production & research smile

I dont know why you people are so paranoid about this change...not like the bonuses are really going to help you in Beta or Gama anyway.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Well either they are as crappy as the other bonus' so why bother or they give you a large advantage that seems silly.