Re: PvPers now have near infinite quality content, now we need carebears

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

One way on another I like most of your ideas, but no sand out of the sandbox please.

There is no "sand" on alpha islands.

not a single bit of it.
its debatable if placing some plants that have a persistance as a fieldcontainer, can be considered as "sand"...

alpha area is a pure themepark.

Its still connected to the sand, its not outside in your own little world.

RIP PERPETUUM

a few post ago someone blamed me for writing everything in black and white, yet so often i see you guys seperating Sandbox and Themepark as two genres that need to be seperated in such a manner, while both terms got no clear definition what they are.

same with PvP and PvE -> the DEVs handle them as two seperate aspects of the game, develope them completely seperated and spend their limited programming time always at only one of the two - basicly they are working on two games of the same franchise with a team to small for even one.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

78 (edited by Tolkenmoon 2012-11-04 01:12:57)

I recently re subed my 2 accounts about 2 weeks ago to see what was happening in game after being away for something like 10 months. One is a fighter and the other a miner/indy char. I think since resubing i have been in game about 20 minutes. I prefer the pve eliment but don't mind pvp. I have beem playing eve since 2004 with breaks along the way, and i am back there now. I have all the shiny toys the nightmares the rattlesnakes and the machs and many more and its what keeps me there plus a great corp.

The reason i havent been on here, is there is none of that is here, no shiney things to play with i have the t2 bots here in fact i have all of them combat and industrial i have my own 2 man corp with 700 million nic in it and about 30 million on each char. Plus each one has around 150k ep to spend but i find no skills to use them on that would benifit me greatly in what i do. If there were more bots for pve that needed extra skills ect then i would use them but alas there really is nothing here for me.

I see that over the last year or so the game has given most of its development to pvp and beta islands ect, the problem is and you can dismiss it all you want but its true that the pve players are the ones that will give you the most accounts and the money to expand the game, but it looks like you listened to the vocal majority. You only have to look at eve and the amount of players that live in empire to see its true. To make this game work you need to put alot into pve and soon or the game will fail.

When i loged on i saw 74 people in game channel, i know people drop out of it to go into corp channels but new player might not and they see that there is hardley anyone on. Maybe you need to make it so you can't leave the main channel, so people can see how many are really on.

I am not sure what you need to bring more people in, but more mechs and better pve missions etc are a good start, you don't need more islands you need to make whats there better, i sat at the base of a truehold main terminal for 15 minutes and never saw another player, so land really isn't what is needed content is.

My 2 accounts will expire in 2 weeks and i doubt i will log back in, i will return in a year if the game is still here which i hope it is as it has so much potential, i still read the forums every now and then.

Fly safe all.

Can I have your stuff?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

No

I think some of the main points brought up here are:

The game needs more players (since forever). Alot feel adding more things to do for NON-PVPers the best way to retain new players.

The game needs faster ways of traveling around on alpha, i.e better highways/more highways, and my personal favorite, the station mobile teleport.

More shiny toys for the pve crowd to play with. Personally I don't see a reason to limit their usefulness in PVP, balance it the same way eve does with making them expensive as hell. Blowing up an officer fit nightmare in 0.0 was always fun.

I've yet to try any of the harder beacons, because even with a remote rep bot I can't solo it (with 2 accounts in mk2 heavies).

Reset each other yet?

another aspect, often criticised upon first contact with the game: size of the robots.

while an argano has the size of an american pickup - noone gets the feel for the size when your size references are monumental sized buildings, gigantic trees and the only thing that is smaller then yourself are some little 1m high flowers on the ground.

the emptiness, the 3rd person perspective and the lack of smaller things affect the feel for size and speed.

comparable with driving on a hungarian highway from Budapest to Siofok. speed limit 130kph - and empty flat sourrounding for hundred kilometers, without speedometer or autopilot a painfull boring experience that never seems to end.
contrary to driving 50kph through budapest itself, with hundreds of cars and pedestrians.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear