26 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-13 21:17:04)

Re: 2 Exploits Need Patches For ASAP To Fix PvP (Easy Fixes)

Ok what if I kill other bots and they destroy their cargo? Mechs, what have you not. It's the same exploit.

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

How are you going to move the pirated material?

The mechs have the items equipped, not in storage, they can't be deleted.

Arga wrote:

How are you going to move the pirated material?

With a sequer, perhaps?

So you're going on a PVP roam on a beta Island with a Seq in tow, this doesn't seem like a good plan.

Please try this on our Island smile

31 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-13 21:33:11)

What island are you on? I will be happy to oblige

heydelhorn eh? I ahve been doing it on your island, just at the other end. I will scout you guys out soon yarr

Its a sandbox. At least its suppose to be. If I drop a Seq and its cargo falls to the ground, guess what, I just created a LARGE amount of sand. Now I have to pull in reinforcements to haul the cargo out, while he/she has to try to bring reinforcements back before mine arrive to retrieve the cargo, etc.

By deleting it, your exploiting that sand.
sad

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

Vorgrim, Please be sure to equip your bots with lots of good hardware for us to loot.

Just allow players to to somehow "jettison" their cargo. It should make a container on the ground. Containers last for 5min and you can only drop a fixed amount of them.

WHAT?

Back on topic...

Dev has already said deleting cargo is not an exploit.

This means your going to have to come up with a better reason than it denies you from getting the cargo. As I said before, if your target isn't 100% sure your going to kill them, they are not going to delete that expensive load.

This is no different than using tactics in combat to give you an advantage, and our opponent needing to negate that advantage. In this engagement, you are trying to get the cargo, and the seq is trying to prevent you from getting it.

In fact, sending them a tell about putting the cargo in a field container with the password and you'll let them go seems workable. Of course you're always free to blow them up afterwards if the cargo seems light, but again if word gets out you're just going to kill them anyway they'll get decline to give you the cargo.

I'm with the Devs on this one. Who says I can't destroy my own cargo? My bot is equipped with a cargo hold self destruct button. If I am resigned to my fate that I'm about to be blown up, I'm gonna hit that *** and watch my cargo go boom. lol

Wait, so PVP'ers love the tears of Carebear industrialists when they blow us up and we complain in the forums about how mean they are... could it finally be payback? Are we carebears tough enough to feed off the tears of those poor pirates losing thier hard won cargo loot to the evil transport driver that deletes his load!

No, we are carebears and we sympathize with your loss. Please allow us to make this game more enjoyable for you by placing our cargo at your feet and thanking your for the pleasure of being killed by your awesome pvp skillz.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just to be clear neither of these are actual exploits.

1. Items in cargo are the property of their respective owners and they are free to do whatever they want with them. How does a PvP situation make a difference in ownership rights?

Derp.

Because when you are about to die with 80U of cargo aboard in sequer, it is ultimate FU to the people that expects some loot?

You are not thinking this all the way, now are you? I can spend 10 minutes typing an explanation why your logic is flawed but it would not heal your self inflicted inability to understand complex game design in matters like this.

But its ok, we kind of figured from long ago that you are carebare. Its just sad to see this drivel coming from dev, of all people.

BigCountry wrote:

So what are the "risks and rewards" involved if someone can destroy their cargo before being killed? If I risk my *** going into an un-allied territory, take out a Sequer who deleted all his cargo because he knew he would die, how does that make the game any rewarding for me? It's all risk at that point...seems like an exploit...he is deleting his cargo because he knows he is going to die.....

If i was running through in a sequer running through beta, i would have a few grenades linked up in the cargo hold (or more)......think i am gonna pop......pull the pins. I do not see how this could even remotely be considered an exploit....

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Do you realize you are wanting something that is not yours in the first place? In my (humble) opinion they have every right to do what they want with their cargo since they worked their *** off for it.

OH LOL, you beter be trolling.

Stupidest thing Ive heard from you in long time.

And no, the argument (humble opinion) that because one work for something, then brings it in place where he can multiply that work should be devoid of risk and/or competition and others people margins to profit from someones stupidity should allow loopholes where you can minimize other work's fruit but "salted earth" technique like this.

Its like saying: Its ok to gazelle to be inedible by the predators who caught it, because gazelle worked its *** off to eat and grow its meat in first place.

Zhyntil wrote:
BigCountry wrote:

So what are the "risks and rewards" involved if someone can destroy their cargo before being killed? If I risk my *** going into an un-allied territory, take out a Sequer who deleted all his cargo because he knew he would die, how does that make the game any rewarding for me? It's all risk at that point...seems like an exploit...he is deleting his cargo because he knows he is going to die.....

If i was running through in a sequer running through beta, i would have a few grenades linked up in the cargo hold (or more)......think i am gonna pop......pull the pins. I do not see how this could even remotely be considered an exploit....

Because elements like titanium will care a lot if you apply few granades to them?

By your logic: Why don't i haul a thermonuclear device and dead man switch while we are at it?
If i die, half the island will go with me!

If this does change, and transports can't drop cargo, I will just start driving around with empty Seq's and lol as the forums fill up with posts about how I'm exploiting something because pirates aren't finding any cargo loot when I die smile

Siddy wrote:

By your logic: Why don't i haul a thermonuclear device and dead man switch while we are at it?

+1 for this idea

Arga wrote:

If this does change, and transports can't drop cargo, I will just start driving around with empty Seq's and lol as the forums fill up with posts about how I'm exploiting something because pirates aren't finding any cargo loot when I die smile

Pirates have scanners.

So my other suggestion about letting them drive away if they drop thier cargo is FULLY valid, because they will know if my hold isn't empty.

Don't be greedy, take the kill or the cargo, beside if you let them keep the Seq they will have something to haul more stuff to you in.

Siddy wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:
BigCountry wrote:

Because elements like titanium will care a lot if you apply few granades to them?

depends on the grenades.....but the point remains valid, destroying cargo is a common thing to keep it out of enemy hands, it has been happening since people started carrying things they cared about, my point is that destroying cargo is not an exploit.
If you really want the cargo kill faster than they can destroy it......

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

That's the thing, destroying cargo is not easy in real world.

People take grate care to protect the cargo, so even a self inflicted damage usually gets mitigated.

Also not all materials even care if you try to destroy them. Expensive paintings are easy to scuttle, but few tonnes of minerals cares little what you do to it.

Hell, there is cases where people dump the sh*t in ocean only to realize other people will salvage it from the bottom of GOD DAMN SEA.

So please, keep the REAL WORRRRRRRRRRRRRLD analogies away from our "select all + destroy" 2 seconds click procedure.

Siddy wrote:

People take grate care to protect the cargo, so even a self inflicted damage usually gets mitigated.

Also not all materials even care if you try to destroy them. Expensive paintings are easy to scuttle, but few tonnes of minerals cares little what you do to it.

Hell, there is cases where people dump the sh*t in ocean only to realize other people will salvage it from the bottom of GOD DAMN SEA.

So please, keep the REAL WORRRRRRRRRRRRRLD analogies away from our "select all + destroy" 2 seconds click procedure.

As i said, depends on the grenades. Current day, if we had to leave our M1 tank in a combat area for some reason, we had grenades that could destroy the tank to keep it from the enemy. This includes the main gun breech and components that have titanium and other alloys,......There is your real world analogy, I am sure the technology could be figured out in this scifi game.
As someone said earlier, the stuff inside the mech is the pilots until the mech goes down.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

BigCountry wrote:

You cannot do this in EvE or Darkfall. If EvE you jettison the cargo out into space. In Darkfall they implemented timers on item deletion from personal bags (cargo). It was exploited in that game and they fixed/patched it within the first few weeks of release.

It's lame. And its an exploit.

Qft

I don't get why risk vs reward needs explaining. Funny how all the carebears jumped in with their random scenarios.

Sad to see a dev not get it either. Hopefully the team comes to their senses on this issue.

Less complaining from all the sequer drivers would be nice also. If your on beta you risk losing ur stuff. Deal.

Zhyntil wrote:
Siddy wrote:

As i said, depends on the grenades. Current day, if we had to leave our M1 tank in a combat area for some reason, we had grenades that could destroy the tank to keep it from the enemy. This includes the main gun breech and components that have titanium and other alloys,......There is your real world analogy, I am sure the technology could be figured out in this scifi game.
As someone said earlier, the stuff inside the mech is the pilots until the mech goes down.

That doesn't make it a good gameplay mechanic.