Re: Epic Fit Screen (pics inside)

Keep in mind terminal and fitting window are two different things.

The terminal interior design is bad and the current one is nice (Please add games in terminal like snake and pacman because why not?).

The fitting windows looks different and very nice. Tune the colours back to the current UI design and maybe some of the text scale could be tweaked but this fitting window was far superior.

Imagine that you're a newcomer, docked in a termonal and opened teh equip screen. Which one will make you feel like "OH GOWD GOWD GOWD EPIC ONE DO WANT" - current or old one?

Game attractiveness is combined from different aspects, and graphics is one of the important, remember this.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

EVE took a big fat wrong turn when they focused significant developer time to their walking-inside-terminals crap. They significantly upset the player-base with such faulty priorities.

Moral of that story: nobody cares about the cool graphics inside outposts/terminals. Spend your developer resources elsewhere. If it's not broke...

Is fine as is.

Sparking to other games

theres a huge difference between "station walking" and a single interface window... while several windows need some overhauling.

so, if DEVs dont give us something to discuss that they are currently working, more and more of the existing things will be reviewed by playerbase, or the new player as in this case

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

There is also a huge difference between EVE's hundreds of developers and Perpetuum's, what 10? The point was not to compare the massive station walking project to a static graphic update, but to highlight the idea that INTERIOR design of Terminals is not gonna win your customers. Unless you are making user interfaces easier and cleaner, the inside of the terminal is of very little importance to gameplay and the things this game needs.

I for one do not need all the busy graphics pulling my attention away to the tasks I do in station. I like the clean holograph.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

INTERIOR design of Terminals is not gonna win your customers.

+1

Don't get me wrong, I love new shiny stuff, but once again, the DEVs really need to focus on Nee Player Experience if thy want to be growing a lot more. You never hear a new Member complain about how the Interior of the station looks.

N0 Clue wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

INTERIOR design of Terminals is not gonna win your customers.

+1

Don't get me wrong, I love new shiny stuff, but once again, the DEVs really need to focus on Nee Player Experience if thy want to be growing a lot more. You never hear a new Member complain about how the Interior of the station looks.

Yeah, because they didn't saw the old one big_smile

Back to the topic - as fas as I've understod, they ALREADY have at least 1 working shiny interior, so it's about adding it back, not about implementing it from the start, which is way easier and faster. No need to develop new stations interior at this point, it's enough to bring back one for all, that's it.

33 (edited by N0 Clue 2012-10-02 07:11:15)

There is nothing wrong with the current Station Environment at the moment. The only time they should put 1 Interior for all Stations in, would be when it is a work in Progress. [After they work on what really needs working on]
End result of doing this now would be, New Members whining on the Forums for different designs, and older Members whining about *** not being finished, due to being stuck with this 1 interior for a year.

We are waiting for, says, destroyers, for almost 2 years and that's ok, neee?

the shiny interior is not up to the standards we are used now - like station background giving you information where you are (player base with custom background color!). So going back to the old one, would remove features that the current one has. The old one also had some strange bugs and other issues.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

It's equip screen, not the whole station background.

This might actually improve on the new player UX a bit, but for god sake, paint first. And flower motives!

Anyway, since I don't like Anni's linear arguments:

http://i.imgur.com/Xx72M.jpg

Line wrote:

What exactly does the old Equip Screen offer that the current 1 doesnt? Apart from a different look?

N0 Clue wrote:
Line wrote:

What exactly does the old Equip Screen offer that the current 1 doesnt? Apart from a different look?

Nothing, but that's exactly a view improve. People like those, it attracts 'em. F.e. one of the things that I like in EvE - is watching my sexy female character walking in a station big_smile

40 (edited by Harris Kantarca 2012-10-02 18:44:55)

Its not about re-doing the entire terminal environment... Even though i personally liked the old one a HELL of a lot better then the current holographic image... but your missing the point no clue, its a window interface thing, the old fitting screen was easy on the eyes, and layed out a LOT clearer and easier to see, yes stuff like tracking we dont dont need as its been taken out long time ago as someone mentioned, but i'm new to this game, and im telling you, that old fitting screen is a lot better, not just by its layout, but graphicly so much smoother, it feels like what we currently have, was supposed to be more of a stand-in-template rather then what the game was supposed to finish on considering they only manage to complete 1 station right now...

Comparing EVE's walking-in-stations project is completely and utterly irrelevant to what we are talking about here, one doesn't have anything to do with the other, its a terminal environment, not taking your character out for a walk-about and doing /dance all over the place... its a WINDOW!!!! is there anything wrong with the current window? NOPE!!!!!!!!!! that was not my point in reviving this old thread, and if ppl actually read what i wrote, I did state that a new window doesn't EXACTLY have to be the same, it can be used as a reference to build apon, something fresh, im sorry but you guys complaining about taking resources away from stuff that needs to be worked on, its a window interface, it wouldn't take more then a couple days to create a new one, its HARDLY what i would consider taking precious resources away, the station environments YES!!! but im talking about the fitting screen...

If it aint broke dont fix it, very true, but it wasn't broke before, either!!! to completely abandon what they originally had is wrong in my opinion, the current fitting screen works, but it really rather BLAND!!! in all stretches of the word... Maybe it was a copy write thing with eve, but from what the DEV mentioned it has nothing to do with that...

As no clue rightly pointed out, there IS more important stuff to be worked on, and absolutely should take priority over this absolutely no questioning that, but i dont think it would take too much work to just re-vamp the GUI a little bit either, doesn't need massive overhaul, just some tweaking and graphical update a bit, this game needs more content more then anything, but that old GUI was very epic... should not be completely abandoned totally....

edit : the bugs it may have had back there are surely gone now anyway as everythings been ironed out and optimized now...

^ whatever he said

Harris Kantarca wrote:

Translation

We all have our particular wants. I'd like the Devs to spend "just a little" time on my own preferences as well, like putting e-war and neuts on killmails. Or how about the little requests in my signature. You may not like them or want them but I do.

Unfortunately Devs too often listen to the louder voices on the forums, or so it seems.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Harris Kantarca wrote:

Translation

We all have our particular wants. I'd like the Devs to spend "just a little" time on my own preferences as well, like putting e-war and neuts on killmails. Or how about the little requests in my signature. You may not like them or want them but I do.

Unfortunately Devs too often listen to the louder voices on the forums, or so it seems.

Since forum activity is low, we of course will discuss anything that is possible. We all know that they are working hard trying to bring something new, but that doesn't mean we can't request other stuff.

44 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-10-04 21:55:15)

nm, totally different topic

Sparking to other games

please let me turn of the smoothing of the terrain - i want to "see" if my LoS is blocked

wait a sec ... does that equipment window have a "template" button ?? hmm coz dude having that would be soo cool.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Its not what you think it is. behind that button is the kitbash option for "hybrids"

That nice fitting screen and the station UI looks much better that the one we have, don't care much about the station environment my self the holographic backdrop is quite good. This is one of those little changes that make a big difference in the end.

RIP PERPETUUM