Re: Self-Repair Boost

cannot wait for the announced mk3 robots and t5/6 modules mentioned in the last blog!

hmmm, T6 EM-Guns on MK3 Mesmer with T6 ERP and T6 Repair and T6 S-Demob. Lemon would be so happy if he would be still around....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

cannot wait for the announced mk3 robots and t5/6 modules mentioned in the last blog!

hmmm, T6 EM-Guns on MK3 Mesmer with T6 ERP and T6 Repair and T6 S-Demob. Lemon would be so happy if he would be still around....

Em guns ..... son you need to embrace Gauss Guns!!!

*starts fapping to T6 Gauss guns on a Mk3 mesmer With a full rack of T6 tunings.*  OOOHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

28 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-21 18:00:49)

sorry for the derailing,

i was so fascinated by Villes serious post that i just couldn't resist to write something about NEW Railguns... erm, EM-guns already beeing announced to be released in next patch after the patch tomorrow.

i have choosen EM guns also for the reason that their only two options under the current game mechanics to make another tier, is either increasing DPS (aka current t4 gauss) or Range (aka current t4 HCL laser) or lower fitting/consumption costs (aka make t2 totally useless).

Theres always the possibility that they prove me wrong, but we wont know until the next patchnotes (next blog should be soley about PvE)

NOW back to topic: an automatic passive self repair either bound to a module or not, is something I was requesting alredy back in beta.
Noone has yet found an example how it would be NEGATIVE affecting the PvE experience you got ingame, especially on bots that naturally have not enough slots to fit an repair.

In PvP it wouldn't have such a great impact either, since repairing 1k hitpoints with 1,5 HP/s would take 11 minutes - but it would mean that even if your RR guy died in your last fight, you could at least revcover some hitpoints until you run into the next group. (a seth has 4k hitpoints...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

PvE works for this idea.  Pvp does not.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Perhaps old changes need to be reviewed under current conditions, or simpy increasing the percentages of armor self-repair extensions?

@Ville: I dont know anything about that little history you posted, and to be respectfully honest, I dont care about it, as I cant change anything about it and I have to work whatever is right now; however, I do think that players are underthinking their strategies, and that because "they cant do it, it dont work." is such an easy way to go about it, they generally do.

I have seen skilled pilots use reppers to an awesome level. I know I suck at em, but I know I can get better/manage my bot/accu waay better than just go ahead and say its broken and needs a bonus.
I think solo roaming is possible (or small groups anyway), and not just for the highly EP skilled, as always, you just need to know what you are doing.

-1 to proposed nonmod autorepair, or any kind of rep change
+1 to an added passive, lowlevel extra repair mod.

As long as its an option, and not a must.

For me auto-repair would be like some kind of magic auto attack. If you want missiles,you install missiles. If you want armor repair,install armor repair modules. No auto anything but auto-walk.