1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-09-12 14:16:29)

Topic: News from the real world Goon Diplo killed in terrorist attack.

Just a little fyi in case you knew or had heard of Vile Rat Head Diplo of goon swarm, was kill in Libya today along with 3 other Americans including the US ambassador.

Vile Rat (Sean Smith) Leaves behind a wife & 2 children.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world … ?hpt=hp_t1

PS. who would have thought it would take this long for a Goon to get killed over a stupid Video on the Net fuuu

as a mark of respect many EVE alliance have changed their out post names http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outposts/changes

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: News from the real world Goon Diplo killed in terrorist attack.

"if we get bombs layed under our arsses we should not ask why! we should ask: why are there so few of them!"

http://themittani.com/news/rip-vile-rat

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/vilerat/

I fought against them in EVE for years.  I didnt know he was a foreign diplomat in Libya.   

RIP

RIP

RIP .My condolences. sad

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-09-13 14:45:29)

RIP Ville!

Yesterday I accidentally started a religious flamewar on Massively because of this. yikes
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/12 … n-bombing/

(search page for my name)

Wow I thought you were kidding at first

Kokomut wrote:

Wow I thought you were kidding at first

I wish sad

on a bit of good news Something awful forums & reddit are working at setting up a college fund for his 2 kids.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

May all embassy's and other official but civilian personell get increased safeguards in the future.
The only thing that suprised me was that anyone was suprised at all.
For america,much of the middle east is not friendly territory.
There are always groups,big and small,some in government and some in tribes and local gangs. Groups that want to do harm.

Did these men have to die for there to be a wake up call? Why do men always have to die before more drastic measures are put in place to prevent it.

Im not gonna R.I.P or anything else to a man i never knew. Im not even american. Hes a victim same as thousands others down there. I will only say sorry, for your last moments must have been terrifying.

More than anything i feel for the wife and children. I hope they are taken care of by their government, and their friends.
Hope the college fund works out. Having less things to worry about allows you to grieve easier.

well i dont want to talk bad here, but this is a senseless hype.

every death is tragic especially when childeren and violence is involved. but everybody should be treated equaly.

just one litte example. one of thousands others that could be named:
in the last iraq war were tenthousands iraq citicens killed. this war that was started by the us goverment to get the oil of the iraq. who cared for their children? who cared for their wifes? besides a us diplomat in a hot zone should have earnd enough money and have other financial backup for these kind of things. besides the us goverment should also come up with something in that case.

treat everyone equal. and see it as what it is: a cold blooded murder. if every murder victim would get that support then the world would be a better place.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

"stuff"

hehe "senseless hype" your a funny man. Yes  10,000s of people die each day.
TBFH the world can be a harsh place & im sure he did earn good money... but we dont care, we are a community & thats what we do.

No one said this or anything else like it is anything but murder. The fact is many innocent people die, to belittle the lose of a 1000 lives for 1 is discussing. As its true for  belittling the lose of 1 life because 1000s of people die for a given situation.

The sad fact is not all life is treated equal, But it sure as hell is pressures.

Just sad to see how bitter people can be.

12 (edited by Karl Krieger 2012-09-15 16:22:30)

Zortarg,

I think its the fact that here we have a name,a face and a long story so its easier for people to relate to.

Same way the death of someone close hurts but the deaths of millions far away is really just a number.
I dare anyone to show me who can truly mourn a million,or even just a thousand deaths genuinely.

And i agree,every murder should be treated equal, but to me i feel like these people need not have died if people in charge had taken the neccesary precautions. How can you place these civilians in what is basically still a war-torn country and not expect this to happen atleast once? Was their only plan an alternate safe house? Cause obviously that didnt work. hmm I blame the perpetrators as much as i blame those in charge of the embassy and its workers safety.

Karl Krieger wrote:

And i agree,every murder should be treated equal, but to me i feel like these people need not have died if people in charge had taken the neccesary precautions. How can you place these civilians in what is basically still a war-torn country and not expect this to happen atleast once? Was their only plan an alternate safe house? Cause obviously that didnt work. hmm

Yeah your so right but sadly it would seem in this situation it was to little. The sad fact is people tend to be *** prefering to react rather than be proactive. After all why spend money unless you have to hmm

14 (edited by Karl Krieger 2012-09-15 16:42:33)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Karl Krieger wrote:

And i agree,every murder should be treated equal, but to me i feel like these people need not have died if people in charge had taken the neccesary precautions. How can you place these civilians in what is basically still a war-torn country and not expect this to happen atleast once? Was their only plan an alternate safe house? Cause obviously that didnt work. hmm

Yeah your so right but sadly it would seem in this situation it was to little. The sad fact is people tend to be *** prefering to react rather than be proactive. After all why spend money unless you have to hmm

Agreed, that is the good side of putting names and faces on people because its easy for those in charge to see numbers instead of faces,families,potential,and all the rest wich is lost.

I understand where Zortarg is coming from politically, but this guy was there as a civilian and not a soldier.
If you only want to compare numbers then yes, many countries have suffered very cruely at the will of the american armed forces. Generally though,every country wants to have embassys of their own in other countries as well as their own embassys all over the world. Including places like iran,egypt etc. Embassys are not part of an invading force,if anything a country should be worried only when embassys start pulling out. But that is a political discussion.

This man(and many others at the embassy too) was a civilian,taking a risk in what is pretty much still a war-zone and he was killed because of a movie,or possibly some other motive with the movie protest as a cover.

On an individual level this is both tragic and unneccesary. On a political level, well, that is best discussed elsewhere because this man already paid in full for any wrong any one may accuse him of,so has anyone who is now dead. My opinion.

15 (edited by Karl Krieger 2012-09-15 16:42:19)

I get angry every time that i read about how it all went down, how light their security was, considering the military budget,a little more could have been spent for the men working in the area that not long ago was in all out civil war.

a little more could have been spent for the men working in the area that not long ago was in all out civil war.

yeah i agree with ya there
RIP Vile

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/09/12/obam … te-attack/

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

17 (edited by Burial 2012-09-16 22:16:41)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sam-bacile-ant … FZAPLLibYg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims