1 (edited by SirPrizedofTen 2012-07-30 22:51:26)

Topic: Helioptris and Tutorial on Daoden island

I'm really trying hard to like this game.  It seems like there's a great deal of potential and new mods always cause some new problems...

But, having gotten through the bugged mining missions with the use of directional detectors, I'm now trying to work through some harvester missions.  The current one:  Harvest Helioptris on Daoden.  After spending about two hours tooling around Daoden looking for Helioptris, I decided it might be better to search for it on the web.  After an hour of non-productivity, I came across a little gem in the update notes suggesting there is no helioptris on Daoden anymore.

Is this correct?

If so, can someone suggest where I might find some Helioptris in my entry-level bot? (not to mention how to get there)

To the devs:
The lack of responses to other's posts suggests you're not reading this thread, and anyone can do the math that says an estimated 500 accounts at US$10/month per account means this is probably a part-time job.  Nonetheless, you really need to get the tutorials worked out.  Reading through the forums, this is costing you subscriptions every week.

Regards,

SPoT

Re: Helioptris and Tutorial on Daoden island

Yes, someone else already reported this bug, but thanks.
It will be fixed as soon as possible.

3 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-07-31 00:50:16)

SirPrizedofTen wrote:

I came across a little gem in the update notes suggesting there is no helioptris on Daoden anymore.

I loled at this. I think that may be true. As Dev Zoom stated it's being fixed, including a number of issues with PvE. There are even rumors of an entire PvE revamp but the community is sitting by restless waiting for more news on that.

While the Population is low, the people actually playing are quite passionate about the game and you'll find that most are very helpful. I suggest you seek them in-game though. Forums are infested with Trolls, and they are quite passionate too ...about entertaining themselves.

Sparking to other games

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-31 00:55:23)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes, someone else already reported this bug, but thanks.
It will be fixed as soon as possible.

this bug?

After spending about two hours tooling around Daoden looking for Helioptris, I decided it might be better to search for it on the web.  After an hour of non-productivity, I came across a little gem in the update notes suggesting there is no helioptris on Daoden anymore.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ggestions/

the yellow text isnt that promenint without reason...

btw:
search my name ingame with the agent-search, and check my bio wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by SirPrizedofTen 2012-07-31 01:14:19)

Thank you for the speedy replies, all!

I have been getting some in-game help, too, so I appreciate that advice as well.

To other noobs:

If you started on Daoden and got stuck on this one, too, go to the north end of the island, teleport to Tellesis (or something similar) and you'll find a bunch of Helioptris on the island.  I found plenty within plain view from where I appeared after telepoting.

Regards,

SPoT

P.S. I stand corrected on the, "Devs aren't reading this" comment; rather than edit it out, I'll simply admit I was wrong!