1 (edited by Annihilator 2012-05-16 23:28:21)

Topic: Suggestions

I will post some suggestions here, that i think are necessary to implement before the Gamma expansion goes live:

• Review of highway connections.
    IMHO most alpha highways should be replaced or arranged in a more logical way.
    The current highways are mostly randomly connecting unimportant places.

Its like Budapest <-> Vienna connected by an unpaved road,
    but Budapest <-> Nagykovácsi connected by a 6-line highspeed highway

with the reduction of teleport connections this should happen soon

• Highway tower PBS
    there are already small, single-tile sized effect-emitter on daoden and tellesis - let us build them.

• Highway Indicator on Radar/Map
    We used to have a "Syndicate protection" display on radar - this one could be used for displaying "roads" instead of inpassable slope

• Automatic relation adjustment.(optional setting).
    If someone that has a positive standing towards my corp, starts attacking my self-built outpost, or shoots on agents of my corp -> it would be nice if his corp would be automatically flagged hostile.

I'm aware that there need to be special condition regarding NPC starter corp agents.

• Island Information regarding Minerals
    this should be somehow on the global map - icons of each mineral that can be found, next to the name of the island. Add a checkbox like we have for other labels.
    Also, after release of expansion, seed only the geoscan-charges and mining charges on islands that can be used there.

• Greenhouse PBS
    a building that will create an aura that works like an incubator, making all tiles around it fertile for a specific plant.
    You can select the plant it should grow, and feed it with fertilizer packages. It will not allow you to grow plants that wont grow naturally in that climatic zone

• Weedkiller PBSand Weedkiller buff
    withing the area of effect, no plant will grow. The buff is also applied to tiles under highways.

• Terraforming beacon radius display
    please somehow project the radius of TF beacons on to the ground

• to be continued
    feel free to add other ideas

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Suggestions

Annihilator wrote:

Automatic relation adjustment.(optional setting).
If someone that has a positive standing towards my corp, starts attacking my self-built outpost, or shoots on agents of my corp -> it would be nice if his corp would be automatically flagged hostile.

I'm aware that there need to be special condition regarding NPC starter corp agents.

i dont think this is a good idea. but i think that outpost defences should return fire when the network is attacked. even if its your own corpmate. this should be no standing but something like a tempoary flag. same goes to corp mates (or alliance mates) that are under fire. manybe here should be some settings possible for the network. then i think some ppl like to test their fittings just outside the outpost and dont want to die at the first time they fire their gun...

well, the game still has this "agression" flag somewhere in its code, im sure.

but well, i wrote "otpional setting" not without reason there. if you think you dont need this, you can deactivate it. just like proxies can ping for own corpmates or not...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

maybe, also: PBS highways?
corp can build 1 highway per island

5 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-05-14 02:52:15)

Annihilator I gotta agree with everything you have said. The alpha HWY system does need to be readjusted a little bit .

Ok some things i would like to see added:

Landmarks: Added a new filter to landmarks for PBS factories & upgrades. infact a few filter setting so guns / missiles can still show if needed & the terminals. Having all that crap on land marks is a pain now & will be a massive pain if we have to pvp near it.

Plants: gotta love the little b*****s lol but you may wish to not have them all around ya station. A new deployable  "tile" that stops a growth of plants on that tiles might be good. kinda like a road pavement. Make it so it has very slow degradation (like walls but longer) sso that ppl could use it in certain areas but plastering a whole island would be costly to do & then maintain.

{terraforming moved to its own thread}

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Road tile. As Obi said. +1

In structure network the energy line also has connection line but you dont see on the planner, so my advice pls show that. I mean, the control line is 4-5 red line the energy lin just white arrows, my idea: energy line with red edges.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda: there is no need for that really. Every connection line is a control line too, so all of them would have red edges,  and what's the point then.

8 (edited by Inda 2012-05-14 11:52:18)

The blue dots facility lines, and the greens and others dont have energy lines, basically you need energy and control
nothing else
but if anybody just see this picture I am sure he dont sure he need connection also or not.

Lets see, if you have facility and connect to Main base you can think you dont need anything else, because you already control in that blue ball lines. But yes if you know you need reactor and energy to bulding that is ok, but if the energy line has red edges who thought that also will know.

So this 2 difference shows really difference but seems nothing difference.

So dont need more just the energy line has red edges. > then everybody will be fine

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

9 (edited by Sizzla 2012-05-14 12:14:47)

Obi one: nice idea on the plant thing, some triandlus decided to gron on the ramp to my base which is now cut off (easy to fix) but still tiny bit annoying this happens...

EDIT: maybe prevent random plant growth around buildings, so only incubated plants grow (or basisly all plants grow, but none ever randomly respawn in a base, might be easier to code when there is no distinction betwwen normal plants and incubated plants.

adding something that i have posted already one or more years ago:
- greenhouse PBS: a building that will grow a certain plant in its AoE
- weedkiller PBS: a building that will supress growth of any plant in its AoE
- weedkiller AoE effect on all highways.

I like previous suggestion.
Also i have suggestion for test server:
DEAR DEVS!
Players need tools to build a base in a fast way, to test different variations of complicated network.
I now that for this purpose you spread some dev_construction ammo, to make fast construction process.
I requesting to spread dev ammo for terraform beacons, and put this two types of ammo to market, when terraform beacons will be available.

somehow i miss a grafical representation of the Terraforming beacons AoE