Topic: A few suggestions.

1 - When jumping from pvp -> pvp island, you should be thrown a few hundred metres from the teleport, this is to prevent jumping back and forth and being effectivly invunerable, this issue was resolve with internal teleports, but still persists in these pvp -> pvp connections.

2 - Jumping between pvp islands while flagged, i think that instead of restricting player to fighting on one island while flagged, players should be able to jump to another island, maybe add more time onto the flag while doing so, i think it would help removed the constriction of pvp to one island at a time mostly. (Between Gamma/Beta islands only, not Alpha)

3 - Beta terminals, i know some people would not be happy about this one, but i think that players should not be able to set a beta terminal as their home base, it give Beta 1 islands a noticable disadvantage vs Beta 2 as enemy players can easily stage there without having to go through the effort of taking and holding an outpost.

Please try to keep any discussion civil, with valid reasons if you disagree, thank you.

Re: A few suggestions.

Karism wrote:

Please try to keep any discussion civil, with valid reasons if you disagree, thank you.

Could you please add your valid, civil, reasons why you believe this to be beneficial?

Karism wrote:

1 - When jumping from pvp -> pvp island, you should be thrown a few hundred metres from the teleport, this is to prevent jumping back and forth and being effectivly invunerable, this issue was resolve with internal teleports, but still persists in these pvp -> pvp connections.

Example A:
Group A) is pvping on a island and gets trapped in the hills with *Bots* and lays emergency teleport becons. Group B) sees this and deploys a interzone at the outpost.
Group A) jumps 
Group B} knows the correct teleport they are running to, they simply jump to the other side and set up on the known *kicked to* spot with proper demobers kill at least 3-4 of them before they can get back to the TP to jump back over to find that another group set up there.
Group A) is caught in a trap being thrown around like a used hooker.

-The death to anything below siege scale pvp (already only have 2 ways off a beta and beta->beta is most of the time the easier one to escape through)

Karism wrote:

2 - Jumping between pvp islands while flagged, i think that instead of restricting player to fighting on one island while flagged, players should be able to jump to another island, maybe add more time onto the flag while doing so, i think it would help removed the constriction of pvp to one island at a time mostly. (Between Gamma/Beta islands only, not Alpha)

Take what i just said, but add ALL of Group B's flagged pilots are jumping over to. Flaggng is supposed to leave you exposed, allowing cross island TP's defeat's the purpose of the pvp flag.
(Inb4 "IT WILL HELP SMALL BOTS PVP" no it wont your *** cause then i just sit my HM on that Beta->A and your trapped)

Karism wrote:

3 - Beta terminals, i know some people would not be happy about this one, but i think that players should not be able to set a beta terminal as their home base, it give Beta 1 islands a noticable disadvantage vs Beta 2 as enemy players can easily stage there without having to go through the effort of taking and holding an outpost.

a Defender can just as easily defend from the NPC terminal and have a un-capturable asset bank and beta staging point. Unlike other islands and terminals where players can be locked out of or lose everything. Those Beta 1 islands have good Safety-Nets for weaker smaller alliances/coalitions/corps may need to  to be confident enough to go out to beta.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

Could you please add your valid, civil, reasons why you believe this to be beneficial?

Well, it would be nice to, i'm only trying to find a solution to some of the small issues i'm seeing, granted it only really applies to point 1.

Lemon wrote:

Example A:
Group A) is pvping on a island and gets trapped in the hills with *Bots* and lays emergency teleport becons. Group B) sees this and deploys a interzone at the outpost.
Group A) jumps 
Group B} knows the correct teleport they are running to, they simply jump to the other side and set up on the known *kicked to* spot with proper demobers kill at least 3-4 of them before they can get back to the TP to jump back over to find that another group set up there.
Group A) is caught in a trap being thrown around like a used hooker.

-The death to anything below siege scale pvp (already only have 2 ways off a beta and beta->beta is most of the time the easier one to escape through)

You can do this already, the only difference between that Group A can currently jump between teleports untill one side gets bored.

You think it is fair that a character can remain invunerable by jumping between two teleports in a pvp zone? i'd like to hear a better solution, also, there should not be a specific "kick to point", it should be random.

Lemon wrote:

Take what i just said, but add ALL of Group B's flagged pilots are jumping over to. Flaggng is supposed to leave you exposed, allowing cross island TP's defeat's the purpose of the pvp flag.
(Inb4 "IT WILL HELP SMALL BOTS PVP" no it wont your *** cause then i just sit my HM on that Beta->A and your trapped)

I wouldn't say that the idea of a pvp flag should be to trap a group, but it should prevent them from docking on going to alpha, don't really see yor problem with this, i won't say the idea is perfect though so i am willing to drop this one.

Lemon wrote:

a Defender can just as easily defend from the NPC terminal and have a un-capturable asset bank and beta staging point. Unlike other islands and terminals where players can be locked out of or lose everything. Those Beta 1 islands have good Safety-Nets for weaker smaller alliances/coalitions/corps may need to  to be confident enough to go out to beta.

Yeah, i guess i wasn't really looking at the benifits of one too, not really too concerned about this one.

Karism wrote:

1.  -1, Throwing people several hundred feet away from a teleporter will open up a world of gate campers.  Although I am really undecided about both sides of the fence, I am for gate camping, but aganist mechanics that would punish people who really are out just exploring.  A random new person jumping into Beta to find a fleet sitting there bored will be really discouraged about the fact they just lost their bot.

2.  I would like to see this feature on an offensive side of the ball, but don't like it on the denfensive side of the ball.

3.  The catch 22 of about the same island, is you as an alliance can never be pushed off of Beta.  You will always be able to keep a foothold on the island regardless of what the outpost stabilities are.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This is alot like 'hot-boxing' someone in baseball.

The runner has made a mistake, and put themselves in a position that is most likely going to end in them being tagged out. However, there is still the possiblity a defender will make a bad throw and the runner will save the out.

Throwing the teleportee outside of the safe zone basically eliminates the chance for the chasers to make an error and allow the runner to escape.

It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, it should be allowed to play out; and getting bored and quitting running or chasing is a valid solution. EITHER side could end up giving up or making a mistake.

And, this ties directly into PVP flagging. Forcing the agressor to flag, means they can't jump after you. And if you flag then the game ends.

Arga, AC should put you on payroll.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Well stEVE agression system works better and it's much funnier imo

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"