Topic: Corporation Market

There is an option for corporation to pay for a market purchase or for the NIC from the sale of an item to go to corporate account.  That's great but what about if we want to sell something TO corporate members? 

Can you please add a feature to the market to "sell to corp only" or something?  It would really help out.  Thanks.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

Re: Corporation Market

+1

/Signed

+1

This has been requested some 20 times since closed beta. The answer has always been no sadly. neutral

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

That is sad.  Such a great idea.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

This game by nature demands a corp market feature.

I like the idea that corps have to risk losing a lot to efficiently distribute bots and equipment to their underlings. It is a great check on corp bloating and corp heist drama is always good for amusement.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I like the idea that corps have to risk losing a lot to efficiently distribute bots and equipment to their underlings. It is a great check on corp bloating and corp heist drama is always good for amusement.

Corps don't risk anything cause atm they don't use the market to distribute products among members. Adding this feature wouldn't remove any risk to corps that is already there.

9 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-18 12:10:28)

The risk is putting them in low enough lvl corp storage that they are accessable to johnny footsoldier.

What is being suggested here is a feature where corps could sell mechs, or anything else, to their members cheaply at no or reduced risk, rather than having them in a storage where there is a risk of some cheeky sod nabbing it all.

Its a matter of trusting your guys or handing them out in person, both of which are easier if you have 20 rather than 200 people. What you need to ask yourselves is, do you really want zerg corps to have an easier time of it than they already do? I see you constantly complaining about blobs, the idea suggested in this thread actually promotes that playstyle.

10 (edited by xycrone 2010-12-18 13:06:49)

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

The risk is putting them in low enough lvl corp storage that they are accessable to johnny footsoldier.

What is being suggested here is a feature where corps could sell mechs, or anything else, to their members cheaply at no or reduced risk, rather than having them in a storage where there is a risk of some cheeky sod nabbing it all.

Its a matter of trusting your guys, which is a lot easier to do if you have 20 rather than 200.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but putting things in a low lvl corp container is just irresponsible resource management and I would get fired if I ever did something like that at work so why would I do that in a corp in Perpetuum? I,m not going to put payroll in a box on the floor instead of a vault with a combination. But that's just me...... and every other bloody manager in the world:P So I mean what do they know right?

Contracts or a corp store would only require a nasty spy/corporate thief to be a very effective and talented deceiver. He would need to reach a good lvl of trust to accomplish his goal. This goes along with the game type of total loss on death. The risk a miner or a combat pilot has when doing high reward stuff is greater and thus more difficult. So why should embezzling corporate thieves get a break? There needs to be a similar lvl of difficulty for corp thieves as there is for every other profession.

And what CEO would say that running a corp is easy? If they are of that opinion then they clearly suck at running their corporation. Being a responsible CEO comes with it's share of grief. So running a corp is plenty hard enough without having to worry about people running off with junk in low lvl containers worth billions constantly.

Now what a corp store does for a corp is makes the corp feel more corporate and less unprofessional in nature because a corp store allows the corp to operate more as a place of business without the need for an officer to be on the same time you are.

Example: Johny just lost his assault robot but the corp store manager just logged off so Johny can no longer feed the corp with funds as Johny needs to go else where to get a robot to continue playing for the 2 or so hour time slot he has to play Perpetuum in a day.

So the problem is there is no cashier at business hours right? What corporation would survive with no way to sell goods to potential customers during the day? Now if I own stock in a company that produces the same product as many others I naturally would want to support the company I own stock in, but in the example Johny's hands are tied because there is no way for him to get the goods he needs to survive from the company that he may own stock in if the cashier for his corp is not at the counter at the same time he is. This is not good and we simply want the game to operate as it logically should.

We are not asking for much. A CoD function in the mail system would work good but a corp store would be more fun and interesting.

We want this game to survive because it is still great even with random disconnects that lead to loss of mechs and robots while in combat and field containers full of a days worth of ore and the poor mission rewards for higher lvl missions. We need an alternative to the other mmo's with crap features.

Please please please with a cherry on top give us a bone here. Let us live! And let us be free from mediocrity!

LONG LIVE PERPETUUM!!!

11 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-18 19:40:15)

Still, it is a matter of trusting your members. I don't necessarily mean putting 100 bots in a lvl 1 storage, but trusting enough guys that more than 2 or 3 have access to them as a means of distrbution is a corp management issue and not something that should be made easier, lest we encourage corps to recruit indiscriminantly and not suffer any disadvantage for their decision.

CEO
Officers
Veterans (trusted members)
Johnny Footsoldier (meatshields)

Only 1 of these groups needs to not have free access to military supplies. Its up to each corp to draw their own lines of trust, and the tools are there for you to do so with 10 lvls of security. Corp markets are not needed.

Vorgrim, Corps don't put things that they intend to sell in low level storage for anyone to take out. If its a corporation that sells Mechs, then the CEO or Directors of the corp hold on to the Mechs until a member purchases it. So adding a corporation market wont change the risk.

Corps charging its members for mechs? I assumed this whole idea was a way of distributing things at low risk during off hours by having them up cheap, but not free as to prevent mass theft, and being reimbursed later.

If I am wrong then my idea of how successful guilds/corps run is going to need a serious rethink. Never heard of such a thing.

14 (edited by Tiggus 2010-12-18 21:04:18)

+1

Also some sort of mechanism for selling complete packages or collections would be nice(contracts in eve). 

Also to he other point, yes lots of corps charge their members for mechs, the only ones that don't as far as I know are the communistic style corps where the members are expected to give most of their mats to the corp.

15 (edited by Snowstyle 2010-12-19 03:22:41)

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

Corps charging its members for mechs? I assumed this whole idea was a way of distributing things at low risk during off hours by having them up cheap, but not free as to prevent mass theft, and being reimbursed later.

If I am wrong then my idea of how successful guilds/corps run is going to need a serious rethink. Never heard of such a thing.

Not all corps are ran the same way. This is just a tool to make it easier for a Corp to do it their way.