Topic: Mobs getting stuck.

Can't believe this isn't already up here, but many times when mobs reset to the area around of their spawn points, they start wabbling back and forth and essentially get stuck in place.  It doesn't happen every time, but by the time I check out a spawn in a relatively unpopulated area there is usually at least one stuck.  It sometimes gets so bad that an entire spawn is stuck on their perches until you kill one.

2 (edited by Alexander 2010-11-21 03:17:41)

Re: Mobs getting stuck.

Yeah, it's been reported on the old forums somewhere. Issue with their retreat command. They can target and fire but not move.

The Game

i see new NPC bug since the release :

NPC stuck in place, even in the middle of a road.
NPC moving with an incredible speed o reach their respawn point or a regrouping point.

NPC moving with an incredible speed o reach their respawn point or a regrouping point.

thats not a bug, thats a feature, to prevent them from getting stuck by evil exploiter. But sometimes, on very rough terrain, it happens a bit to often for my taste. (namely any t4 spawn on alpha)

NPCs rushing back to the spawn point is indeed intentional, but a minor revision is expected about that.

I’ve encountered this « npc rushing back to spawn point » and it’s very annoying.

On the mission “Neutron 3” you have to engage green npcs in a tight hill pass with unleved terrain. Said npcs don’t have much trouble firing at the player seeing as how missiles don’t need LOS. On the other hand it’s almost impossible to get a clear shot with direct fire weapons. The only practical way is to corner the npc against impassable terrain. Though shortly after being backed up with nowhere to go, said npc just “warps” back to the spawn point.

Using terrain to trap an enemy is not an exploit it’s a strategy.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU