Re: New devblog: The road to PBS - Islands, building types and control

I require additional Ictus.
About 28 hours with one, this will be fun.

Shaedys wrote:

I require additional Ictus.
About 28 hours with one, this will be fun.

Just get your 6th account and ISBoxxer it you will be fine broski.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

28 (edited by Inda 2012-04-05 10:28:58)

Some questions:

1. Where can I earn money on Gammas? Because there wont be NPC Terminals.

2. Where will be Titan and Epriton?

3. How will change the ores? By 1 month or when is mined out?

I think Alpha triangles needed to stay as is because the noobies need to quick move to other faction islands. You are revealed some interesting faction specific thing so that can be possible in the future if needed but now I would like to see Alpha Triangles back to teleport network.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

PBS is going to be awesome, only issue is... Where are the players?

RIP PERPETUUM

30 (edited by Rabus0 2012-04-05 13:03:09)

Inda wrote:

Some questions:

1. Where can I earn money on Gammas? Because there wont be NPC Terminals.

2. Where will be Titan and Epriton?

3. How will change the ores? By 1 month or when is mined out?

I think Alpha triangles needed to stay as is because the noobies need to quick move to other faction islands. You are revealed some interesting faction specific thing so that can be possible in the future if needed but now I would like to see Alpha Triangles back to teleport network.

1.Extracting new minerals
2.NOPE,but u will be able to find "hidden island" full of ore!
3.Don know

EDIT: you will be able to exist with only that new mineral!

OK, i am pretty sure that when gamma patch come out that will boost and improve mission/alpha!
With that you will get pretty much new players in game!

Celebro wrote:

PBS is going to be awesome, only issue is... Where are the players?

Players are afk! ROFL

1. Estracting minerals, is ok but you will wont have any NIC if you live there, or need to go somewhere to send plasma to earn money then the far away Gammas for Beta will be worse than others? And the factory will need NIC (probably yes) for produce things. So you will need NIC after PBS also to produce things.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

1. Estracting minerals, is ok but you will wont have any NIC if you live there, or need to go somewhere to send plasma to earn money then the far away Gammas for Beta will be worse than others? And the factory will need NIC (probably yes) for produce things. So you will need NIC after PBS also to produce things.

Corporate wallets are universal, so you can have an alt on beta or alpha NPC farming and turning in plasma to generate NIC to pay for what you need without ever bringing your main characters off gamma. But devs have already said that gamma islands won't have every mineral available on them, so corps will have to start trading or delivering mats to their gamma outpost if they intend to produce there.

Yes we can do this btw I have 1 account and I am an individual player.

I know how we can solve, I just would like to know will be this or not, but that can be a problem also.

Energy to Earth!

I cannot find it anymore, but i think there was a DEV comment somewhere telling that your PBS Terminal market will automatically connected with syndicate supplies and provide you with the NPC buy/sell orders of non-production goods (= field container, plasma, teleport beacons, walls, etc...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Better to not connect it in such way - you need Syndicate stuff, you send a guarded caravan for them, or use trade hubs. That will be more interesting IMO.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Annihilator wrote:

I cannot find it anymore, but i think there was a DEV comment somewhere telling that your PBS Terminal market will automatically connected with syndicate supplies and provide you with the NPC buy/sell orders of non-production goods (= field container, plasma, teleport beacons, walls, etc...)

Not sure where that's coming from but PBS terminal markets won't have any NPC orders, and there won't be a syndicate supply shop either.

Wait no plasma buy orders or field cans?

Ville wrote:

Wait no plasma buy orders or field cans?

Correct, the Syndicate has nothing to do with those terminals anymore, you have to make or bring everything there.

does leaving syndicate controlled territory and buildig my own empire out there, affect my "standing" with the syndicate conglomerates?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

does leaving syndicate controlled territory and buildig my own empire out there, affect my "standing" with the syndicate conglomerates?

No. But you can still support them by doing alpha and beta assignments smile

I think the answer we were looking for is Yes. By going 'rogue' and building out there, your corporation (and by extension the individual players in the corp) lose all standings with the (3) factions.

The downside of course, is if you go rogue to gamma, you will _have_ to maintain either a seperate corp or an alliance with other corps to have access to neccessities like the PBS structures and even cans.

Arga wrote:

I think the answer we were looking for is Yes. By going 'rogue' and building out there, your corporation (and by extension the individual players in the corp) lose all standings with the (3) factions.

Technically you won't lose any standings. I guess you mean that the 3 factions' bonuses won't apply to PBS facilities, and you're right - you'll need to have a good relation with yourself in that case smile This ties already into the indy changes which I'll write about in the next blog.

technically, i think, it was a request, and aiming at your last blogpost:

Breaking up the Alpha 1 triangle: factions get more meaning, and the trading of faction-specific items should be more induced (this will be complemented by further industrial changes, details in the next blog).

to give them a meaning, the playerbase should actually belong to them.
Its a flaw in the system that you

• can be friends with all three factions

• while those three factions are supposed to not like each other, and

• youre able to leave their conglomerate and build your own little alliance
    (= conglomerate = faction)

• and you still get their protection on their islands

Hope the devs read the following article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1681 … player.php

Start from "A dilemma I faced while designing Civ 5...". Civ 5 is a TPS but the concepts somewhat apply to what the devs are doing to PBSes.

Annihilator wrote:

Breaking up the Alpha 1 triangle: factions get more meaning, and the trading of faction-specific items should be more induced (this will be complemented by further industrial changes, details in the next blog).

Protection comes from the syndicate not the individual factions.

Why should you not be able to be friends with all three factions? Being friends with 3 has just as much meaning as being friends with 1-2.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Annihilator wrote:

yo bro, go play WoW. They have factions which hate each other. Don't attempt to destroy the sandbox.

48 (edited by Annihilator 2012-04-09 12:50:00)

Sundial wrote:

Why should you not be able to be friends with all three factions? Being friends with 3 has just as much meaning as being friends with 1-2.

just and example:
- Lemon is a friend (eHarm)
- Bigtom is a friend (RG)
- Inda is a friend (HUN)

guess what happens if i meet all three at the same time on a battlefield? since ran two or three times with the eharm-squad, it would be that RG and HUN will shoot at me.

If i fullfill a request from HUN to shoot down all proxies of eHARM or REBEL - would this be ignored regarding the relationship between BKK and those two corps?

Why did Optikahn exclude contracts vs. his allies in his announcement? Does this have no meaning?

Jasdemi wrote:

yo bro, go play WoW. They have factions which hate each other. Don't attempt to destroy the sandbox.

Go back to hello kitty online, where everyone loves each other.

Anni I would never shoot you smile  unless your running with a RG or hun squad.

What concerns me most is that he never listed me as a friend, i thought we were BFF's sad