1 (edited by Rayna Von Savant 2010-12-10 08:04:09)

Topic: Please show standings, industry-related percentages with two decimals

In trying to work out the formula for how much materials are needed for the factory production jobs, I run into errors where the calculated value for the amount of commodities need to produce something is +/- 3 or so off, almost consistently. The only reason I can think of is that the CT efficiency ratio, the relation ratio, and the amount of materials needs are been rounded in some fashion before being displayed. The last part, where the amount of materials needed is rounded (I believe it is rounded down) is okay, since you can' thave 0.4 of titanium, say, but if I knew what the relation ratio, and the CT efficiency ratio were, down to two decimal points, or how many ever decimal points are significant in your code, it would be a lot easier for me to judge which items to reverse engineer for profit.

With regards to the CT efficiency rounding, see the other bug I reported for details on how this can be a pain.

One of the things I absolutely love about sandbox games is the ability to number-crunch. I know, won't be long before someone mentions spreadsheets, but hey, that is fun smile Please fix things so that what I "see" in game in what is the real thing, not some truncated, almost meaningless number smile

Cheers!