Topic: Reverse engineering - rounding issue?

I am trying to Reverse engineer a Laird, with a Level 4 decoder.
The resulting CT attributes lists the following:

Material Ratio: 64%
Time Ratio: 64%

The Bonus for the Level 4 decoder is listed as: Bonus +3

So, shouldn't the material and time ratios be 65% each. Is this a rounding issue?

This is not the only rounding-related issue I have seen. I have even seen what looks like rounding issues when it comes to market orders. An order I place for, say 15.59 NIC magically becomes 15.58 NIC (or 15.60 NIC) when posted - but that is the content for a different bug report, which I will write up when I encounter it next with details.

Re: Reverse engineering - rounding issue?

They use a different kind of math. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Same problem happens when "extracting" CTs from factories. One CT lost 5% efficiency, another lost 6%.

Rayna Von Savant wrote:

Same problem happens when "extracting" CTs from factories. One CT lost 5% efficiency, another lost 6%.

thats no bug, thats a feature.

CT damage has a random factor implemented

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:
Rayna Von Savant wrote:

thats no bug, thats a feature.

CT damage has a random factor implemented

But the first issue in the original post I made is a bug, then, since level n decoders should provide ((level n - min level required for item) * 5)% efficiency for the CTs?

Or is everything related to percentages just a crapshoot?

the % increase of a CT may differ depending on the item you are reversing, but its not random.

have you thought about "dimishing returns" ?
im not sure about that, but i will ask the right DEV about it.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

the % increase of a CT may differ depending on the item you are reversing, but its not random.

have you thought about "dimishing returns" ?
im not sure about that, but i will ask the right DEV about it.

I basically have a NIC and availability issue - else I would try creating 10 CTs for the same thing with a decoder of a different level and report findings here. I can only reverse engineer so many items with (the hard to find) NIC that I have got.