1 (edited by Burial 2012-03-08 15:07:35)

Topic: Thoughts on hardcoded restrictions, walls and TF

We got walls some time ago, after which, some people abused the c**p out from the systems - thats pretty usual I think. The walls weren't really complete at all imo because you can build them with ease but taking down is very problematic. I think the wall design itself is very good with the ability to build them anywhere and should not be restricted. Hardcoded restrictions like that suck on a sandbox.
The way I can see it, the same way will be with terraforming. It will be there but since people can and will abuse it, it could be nerfed down, just like walls.

Instead of fighting with different players and what they can and can not do, I think devs should give every tool a proper counter tool. Give better ways to take the walls down, more then just bombs and dont restrict it. I understand it is kind of late to do a post like that but it might save something in the future. You couldve given us bombs with different sizes, so you can actually get a hole in the wall with multiple runs on a light bot or one/two runs on mech+, offensive nanobots - after planting them on a wall, they will start destroy it slowly and after some time, it is gone. This is just some quick brainstorming, possibilities are literally endless. What it gives in the end is richer player experience and more tools in the sandbox.

Please devs, with terraforming at least - dont restrict it too much, just brainstorm a bit and get a proper ways to counter deep slopes, lakes(will there be any?), craters and so on.

Re: Thoughts on hardcoded restrictions, walls and TF

I agree Burial .... I hope the devs have learned a lesson ... perhaps they should think about what they are going to introduce into the game a little longer than what they did with walls & the counters that were on offer for walls.

So Devs with the next items you give us take an extra week not just to test mechanics & all the other technical stuff, but to stop & think "How could this be abused beyond what we would like" The debacle Walls & probes has been so far is a black mark on your Development of this very good game.

Lets just hope it was a bad hair day smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

please DEVs, next time ask Hokko-alliance if it fits their playstyle before adding something.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-08 21:10:43)

Annihilator wrote:

please DEVs, next time ask Hokko-alliance if it fits their playstyle before adding something.

No. Ask the the entire community like DEV Zoom did here: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/62887/#p62887

Come on people stop being like little kids posting smart *** remarks...... tongue

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

The Forums, burried somewhere deep in a player-made-topic a question from a DEV to the community.

do you expect any representative answer from the COMMUNITY to this? really?

The forums does not even have a DEV-Tracker option so you could at least stumble upon that question.
When you say the Game has only 50 active player per timezone... the forums has only 10 active agents...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

As nice as it is, that DEV Zoom is participating a forum discussion, its a much missed and more than rare occasion latley and defintley a +1 from me. I want more of it, from the DEV´s in the future again.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Annihilator wrote:

The Forums, burried somewhere deep in a player-made-topic a question from a DEV to the community.

do you expect any representative answer from the COMMUNITY to this? really?

The forums does not even have a DEV-Tracker option so you could at least stumble upon that question.
When you say the Game has only 50 active player per timezone... the forums has only 10 active agents...

yes at least I would expect for those that read the forums all the time to find the devs posts and give feedback. They seem to find everyone else posts and give feedback on those....

But, correct they need to put something in place to handle this type of feedback rather then it being just the forums.

I have been saying this for a long time.

its the same as DEVs posting things on IRC...

its only reaching a selected group of the community - and if you are not there, you will never get that information, or trust it when someone tells you that.

I wonder if its really that hard to implement a DEV-Tracker here on forums, and train Tinkerbot to collect DEV-Statements on IRC and ingame Chat in a seperate log that a GM or Mod can go through each day and add the usefull informations to the Forums?

9 (edited by Burial 2012-03-09 01:18:15)

GJ

Annihilator wrote:

its the same as DEVs posting things on IRC...

its only reaching a selected group of the community - and if you are not there, you will never get that information, or trust it when someone tells you that.

I wonder if its really that hard to implement a DEV-Tracker here on forums, and train Tinkerbot to collect DEV-Statements on IRC and ingame Chat in a seperate log that a GM or Mod can go through each day and add the usefull informations to the Forums?

Yeah well. I think IRC needs to be limited to chit-chat and not information about pending patches and expansion etc.

Burial wrote:

GJ

Yeah sorry. I am out. tongue

So many wall threads O.o

-To lazy to swap to Lemon

WTF happened to your face Cookie?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.