Topic: Tired of NO response regarding these bugs

Sorry, but Im sick and tired of the terrible lack of communication shown by the Development team.  Is there any way possible we can at least get a "yeah we know this exists, and we're working on it...or looking into it..."???

1.  Killmails have been bugged for quite a long time now.  Yet, we get NO response.  Why??  At least admit that there is a problem, or tell us to shut up because it;s working as intended...  Quite simple really.

2.  NPC's have been getting stuck in buildings now for 2 to 3 weeks.  This cripples a spawn because obviously the server thinks the spawn has not been destroyed and wont replenish said spawn in the same manner as it normally would.   Common Devs, countless people have been complaining about the broken NPCs and AI for a bit now.  Once again, at least TELL us you know there are issues, or to shut up because it's working as intended.

And if there as been a small post by a Dev somewhere in these forums, hidden away in some thread regarding this, then its fail.  It's fail because there should be some clear area in the main threads that you know there is something broken.

Also, having the majority of communication going through IRC is just silly, IMO, when you have forums.  I hate feeling like I have to follow IRC just to see what scraps of info I might be able to find.  How is IRC beneficial to the masses?  It isn't; because most people that routinely follow IRC dont seem to share what they hear, and they shouldn't have to, it's not their job.  But neither should the masses be in the dark regarding the information. 

THanks

2 (edited by Lemon 2012-02-27 08:05:53)

Re: Tired of NO response regarding these bugs

Edison wrote:

Sorry, but Im sick and tired of the terrible lack of communication shown by the Development team.  Is there any way possible we can at least get a "yeah we know this exists, and we're working on it...or looking into it..."???

1.  Killmails have been bugged for quite a long time now.  Yet, we get NO response.  Why??  At least admit that there is a problem, or tell us to shut up because it;s working as intended...  Quite simple really.

2.  NPC's have been getting stuck in buildings now for 2 to 3 weeks.  This cripples a spawn because obviously the server thinks the spawn has not been destroyed and wont replenish said spawn in the same manner as it normally would.   Common Devs, countless people have been complaining about the broken NPCs and AI for a bit now.  Once again, at least TELL us you know there are issues, or to shut up because it's working as intended.

And if there as been a small post by a Dev somewhere in these forums, hidden away in some thread regarding this, then its fail.  It's fail because there should be some clear area in the main threads that you know there is something broken.

Also, having the majority of communication going through IRC is just silly, IMO, when you have forums.  I hate feeling like I have to follow IRC just to see what scraps of info I might be able to find.  How is IRC beneficial to the masses?  It isn't; because most people that routinely follow IRC dont seem to share what they hear, and they shouldn't have to, it's not their job.  But neither should the masses be in the dark regarding the information. 

THanks

NPC are being re-worked and fixed as we speak. <stated by Dev Mancs in GC.

Also the kill mails are the least of my worries to be fixed on that long list and am surprised you would rather see such a trivial thing fixed ahead of other things in game.

Also Please look for your bug before posting again and at least skim for a yellow name....

NPC issue reported with Dev response: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … e-terrain/

Now i ask would you rather instant word of "We know there is a issue" or "its fixed for next patch"

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

its true, i would love to have a public visible place where DEVs state that they are working on removing a bug that is affecting most of the playerbase.

but if you want a really fast response to your bug-report, write a support ticket. the response usuall takes max. 24h.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Guys isn't this what the new ticket system is all about? If you find a bug open a ticket.

Also DEVs please keep the ticket system fresh with at least a note that the ticket has been read instead of leaving it in a PENDING state...... smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Lemon, appreciate the link, but this is exactly what Im talking about.  Unless I missed it, Dev asks if the bug is still happening.  There didn't appear to be any acknowledgement once people said Yes it is.

You are right, Killmails aren't the hugest issue, nor the most gamebreaking issue in game.  BUT, they have been broken for a LONG time, without any response in these forums at least saying they know they are broken.

Shoot even if they told us to STFU, we would know their stance on it.  Im not looking to be babied, but some form of response would be GREAT.

@grem + Anni-  I totally forgot about the newer ticket system.  I'll give this a shot.

More communication from the Devs, instead of a "maybe" once a month Blog post would be SO SO appreciated.  It doesn't even have to be a huge "state of the game" message, but just acknowledging the little things.

Killmails have been fixed way back, NPCs should be okay since the last patch too, post here if not.