Topic: NPCs walking through unpassable terrain

NPC's seem to be walking in unpassable terrain now.
I noticed 2 zeniths this morning, and they were walking through a mountain, not just a small but of unpassable terrain but over a kilometre of it.
I've also had other people say they saw NPC's in oceans and in all kinds of weird places.

Re: NPCs walking through unpassable terrain

Seems like there is a bug with path finding and them be allowed over impassable terrain to get to their desired location if they get stuck. Rare but funny to see them just engaged you and run away over the hills and gone..

They go through water as well.

NPC leash is an issue too.. Had one group follow me 3500 from their spawn point.

Inappropriate signature.

Does this still happen?

The Hersfield island, coordinates approx. (700,800), one NPC is broken on spawn.
He went through the wall and stayed there. I can not shoot at him, he can not shoot at me. Just constantly locks and unlocks.

I seen it happen once today when i was doing a beacon, one wandered off into a made and ended up moving trough a mountain. Then when out of sight, he must have "snapped" back to the spawn location as i could trigger the next wave without a hitch.

Was farming for about 6 hours yesterday.
1 bot got stuck inside a slope (only 25% of my missiles would hit him)
Several bots walked up and down slopes(or up a mountain etc) they shouldnt be able to. Some of them did snap back to their spawn point after wandering away a few hundred meters.

Yes, this is still happening.  I have witnessed it myself.

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Tellesis, two spawn, the coordinates (1398.906) and (1940.543). One or more of the NPC is stuck inside the structure, then it does not spawn a new one.
It is very uncomfortable to walk 10 km with a slow heavy robots, logistics, haulers, and then we found that the spawn is broken.

Please any information from the developers, because this error occurs frequently.
Any information is always better than silence. smile

Is it better to send Support ticket for every broken spawn, or is it enough to write in the forum?

10 (edited by Inspiration 2012-02-26 00:16:56)

I am getting sick of this bug!

http://clip2net.com/s/1DoJi

Just wasted another beacon after just two waves, because the last NPC just walked trough impossible terrain and got stuck in an for me unaccessible area where it too cannot get out!

Inspiration wrote:

Just wasted another beacon after just two waves, because the last NPC just walked trough impossible terrain and got stuck in an for me unaccessible area where it too cannot get out!

hmm looks like you can get to that location ... but its still BS all these npc's walking over impassable terrain / spawning in it

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

nope you cannot get to that location.

to not lose a beacon to that - how about doing them out on open Terrain?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

nope you cannot get to that location.

to not lose a beacon to that - how about doing them out on open Terrain?

oh ok its just on that radar shot it looks like there's a way to get into that pocket from the north

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

14 (edited by Inspiration 2012-02-26 17:30:48)

Here another example: http://clip2net.com/s/1DwIF

Near the same location: http://clip2net.com/s/1DwR6

In this case, 4th star creator just warped trough the walls and is now stuck on the beach trying to warp back.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Inspiration wrote:

hmm looks like you can get to that location ... but its still BS all these npc's walking over impassable terrain / spawning in it

Obviously that is what i have to do now, even then they wander off far, but warp back in at some point. Hopefully before the beacon expires! Also, the reason to do it in that spot to begin with is confinement in a small area, which when short range fit, gives an edge over the longer range NPC platforms.

If I set a trap...I want to do it on my own conditions smile

Still no official response?  /golfclap

and falling through the world of Nia is fun too!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Developers or GM, please check each day broken spawns and kill NPCs stuck until the problem is not permanently resolved.
Most often this happens in Tellesis and Hersfield.

haha, yesterday i saw two npcs walking around under water, far out in the New Virginia Sea. Saw them only because i had detector activated.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I seem to have broken several spawns on hershfield, the response I got from a GM was along the lines of "We nerfed the spawn in half while you were farming it"

Uh huh.... right.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Most spawns are broken, NPCS are in I want to live free in the ocean mode.  I have not seen roaming spawns in tellesis for over a month.  Please fix this, some people are trying to prepare for Gamma.

22 (edited by Sundial 2012-04-05 16:40:43)

Will gamma launch with no NPCs because there have not been roaming NPCs in the game for close to 6 weeks now.

Its probably:
They cannot load up a hotfix for NPCs, because their DEV-side version of the game is already full with Gamma expansion, terraforming and shader upgrade.

and perhaps a half ready industry 2.0 item-database.

AC has at least one less buffer-version of game(+server) then big companies used to have. That may sound like a bade management, but my experience with other games has shown: even a hotfixable buffer-iteration would grant fast hotfixes as fast as the playerbase would expect them.

If the fix for these npc isn't going to be in the next month or so can we get a Sweeper GM that runs the coasts of the islands killing the swimmers, every day, for like an hour or hour and a half?

SAVE THE HEATHENS!!!!!!!!!!!