1 (edited by Ville 2012-01-22 07:08:37)

Topic: Beta -1 Islands

Hi My name is Ville and I am a resident of Norhoop.  After living on Novastrov for a few monthes I have noticed some striking differences in the two.
Beta -1 Islands
LOTS of NPCS
Most not dynamic though sad
Ore fields quite smaller and interesting looking
No Highways
5 external Gates.
Atleast ONE station on island that is about 1.5K M from an external gate.
Beta Terminals, neutrals able to dock and can buy some over priced supplies
Beta-2 Islands
Less cluttered with NPCs
Dynamic spawns within 1k M of the station
Ore fields in 40X40 tiles within 1.5K of the station
Highways
4 external gates.

The obvious choice here is to live on a Beta - 2 Island for the obvious benefits.  I am just curious about the balancing on this one.  Imho I feel like it is vastly non balanced and needs some rebalancing.  One of the biggest things is Highway and Ore fields.

Bring Titan Back to Beta.

We will be starting a BBT shirt fan club, Bring Back Titan!  Or A baby Kitten Dies!

Edit*: Also one is Blue and the other is Green.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Jelan 2012-01-22 09:20:09)

Re: Beta -1 Islands

Jesus, is this the third thread with you whining that beta 1 isnt as good as beta 2 since you moved from a beta 2 to a beta 1

Everyone else is aware of it, why does it need changing?

In fact when they put highways on hokk by accident your alliance leader cried foul and they were removed lol.

Why do they have to be the same? It means a different dynamic on each island with pros and cons.  Nova with its close to outpost epi fields and highways was easier to live and defend but didn't have a beta terminal.

It's just different, don't be afraid of something that's different. That's the bitter road to discrimination!

+1 all beta islands pose the same risks. Its not like the game world is huge either , increase rewards in beta 1, epitron fields are terrible.

RIP PERPETUUM

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … d-terrain/original that got closed
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ta-island/2nd troll thread on same topic

Its really something that you have to chose yourself. If you want a small group like 2 corps to defend your island than you need to look at B-2 islands if you have a bigger nap/alliance then a B-1 is more fitting as you can put all your smaller corps in the beta terminal and just give them docking rights at your OP. You can always go back to Nova.?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

another overseen initial balancing thing.

when beta 2 islands got added, they had the advantage of more lvl3 facilities per outpost, and no save dock-terminal and no missions there.

the placement of beta2 island on the same "circle" as beta1 islands makes it obvious that such topics like this here spawn

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If your going to make Beta2 better make it harder to access, Maybe only access through beta1 ports...just a thought

bleu wrote:

If your going to make Beta2 better make it harder to access, Maybe only access through beta1 ports...just a thought

The game world needs a bit of a readjustment, hopefully new islands will help mitigate this.

I think Beta1 islands are good for groups of small corps since they have 3 outposts and a public terminal.

Of course risk is not increased on beta2, but I do like how they are both different. They just need to be a bit more seperated (maybe make beta-1 more like low sec)

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

8 (edited by Mak n ORE 2012-01-25 22:06:08)

hmm its official one person can clean out a beta 1 of minerals
how can you run a corp or alliance like that
i will move back to tellesis as it has better fields of everything needed except epi i can steal that
with out stress and mine the whole day long big_smile
fix beta1 and add more space to the game