Topic: Balancing Beta Island terrain

Dear Devs,

Please implement highways from the L3 Refinery on every island to the closest Alpha gate and additionally to the NPC Beta Terminal, and modify location so the NPC Beta terminal is reasonably close-by for easier mission running.

Currently there is a highway leading from Nauwy (L3 Refinery) to Nauwy Teleport (Alpha-Gate), and a teleport leading from Nauwy (L3 Refinery & Mission Hub) to Asintech Beta Terminal (Mission Hub). Also, the distance between these mission hubs is ~3 km.

Redesign every other Beta island to be like this please, notably Domhalarn & Norhoop.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: Balancing Beta Island terrain

All island should be balanced. Honestly, i was shocked when read patch details. So, the most profitable old beta is Hokogaros, isn't it? Devs, please make all islands balanced.

I don't know who was in charge of island layout but they should probably be shot.
I have to agree that Hokks recent buff was uncalled for and has put scars all over the once beautiful landscape. It would appear that Hokk is now the only old beta with active highways (Why?) as well as a recently redesign to the layout.

It doesn't have anything to do with profitability because it's impossible to make all island equal but if you intend one island to be more beneficial than another to create conflict I would have suggest redesigning all the old betas.

Old beta island do not need highways.

On another note I've also noticed a large amount of spawns having their ranks reduced or completely removed. In some cases they've even been replaced with armoured spawns.
NPC changes and spawn changes should be included in patch notes even if it's just as simple as "A spawn/some spawns on [ISLAND]  have had their rank lowered/raised in aid of balance".

If you mess with a spawn, note it.

Change: The non-assignment related NPC spawns on the inner alpha islands have been lightened up a bit.

Like that ^^

5 (edited by LouiseI 2011-08-01 08:38:20)

Syndic wrote:

Dear Devs,

Please implement highways from the L3 Refinery on every island to the closest Alpha gate.[snip]Redesign every other Beta island to be like this please, notably Domhalarn & Norhoop.

... "easier mission running", eh ? Why do you need "easier" missions ?
Why not build the refinery in the TP ?
big_smile

i think syndic tried to be sarcastic here...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

And failed as usual

It is a shame personal vendettas prevent normal discussion.

Distance Nauwy -> Asintech Beta for high-yield transport missions? 3 KM. Highway! Woohoo!

Distance Koykili -> ICS Beta for high yield transport missions? 6 KM. No highway.

Distance Uria -> TM Beta for high yield transport missions? 6 KM. No highway.

Balanced? :trollface?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

9 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-01 15:46:59)

u mad brosef lol

The Hokkagaros highway from Nauwy has impassable terrain for heavy mechs.

TBQH I actually liked Hokk before the changes more even though the highways are nice.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

This is the place we ask the devs for changes on our immediate neighborhood right? Ok here goes:

Dearest DEVs,

Could you find it in your hearts to be really supa cool to Alsbale like you were when you got drunk and started working on hokk? We like the way the tunnels on thelodica hive/stations are and altho we initially thought putting pellistal wall structures didnt quite fit in the visual landscape for a thelodica island, we do aprove your remodelling choices as it makes it so much more easy to defend. Yup, we like that.

Also, as you probably don't know already (or else you would have corrected it a looooong time ago) there isn't much in the way of accelerator strips on the island. In fact, Hokkogaros now has about 3 times the total length. Yes, we know, we should compare old betas to old betas...  but still. Could you please look into that?

Oh, and if it's not too much asking... lvl5 assault and light packs sprinkled with industrial bots all over the map would be just grrrrrreat! Preferrably at about 1.5km from the outpost for easy breezy farming. (Look on the beach at nauwy for the template.)

Much Love from Alsbale. Thanks!
xox

11 (edited by Paragon 2011-08-01 17:47:25)

While I agree a recent change looks a tad suspicious, I don't think all beta islands should be created equal. It's good for there to be a variety of factors in choosing an outpost. Among them should be: Don't like that someone else has a super good one? Take it for yourself. Don't want to be fending off challengers constantly? Settle for a less juicy spot. Risk v. reward in action.

Can't tell if this is real or a troll. Closed.