26 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-01-05 01:50:43)

Re: Perpetuum - Now Available on Steam!! (not)

I've read most of this forum and before this thread I've never seen any statements from Devs about Advertising and Marketing. Maybe I missed it. I have seen numerous posts and threads in this forum asking the Devs about it, requesting input, begging for some more marketing for this game.

Before this thread I attributed the Dev's silence to a simple policy of not publicly sharing their marketing strategy. I can respect that, as I had assumed there at least was a strategy and plan.

I assumed that until this thread. I now assume you guys have no plan, no strategy. Based on the two Dev posts above, it seems you guys are clueless in that department. Maybe someone else on the team can clarify and build up some confidence about your efforts.

Trying, failing and giving up does not build confidence. Speculating does not build confidence.

Currently that's all we have to go on ...and it blows big balls. Perhaps it's time your team shared some positive news with the community regarding your advertising and marketing strategy/plans.

I simply cannot believe you'd develop such a great game only to allow it to get lost in the darkness.

----

EDIT: there are many in this community that truly love this game, and I'm one of them. If you need help in the marketing arena I'm sure it's better to reach out to the community for it than linger in silence and confusion. What is the alternative ...hoping for miracles? allowing the game to die?

God I hope you guys have a plan!

Sparking to other games

I second what Rex said.  Word for word.  I know we sound harsh at times but were are here because we love the game and don't want it to die.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

I second what Rex said.  Word for word.  I know we sound harsh at times but were are here because we love the game and don't want it to die.

Yes, I think I came across pretty harsh. That's not my intention. I want this game to succeed. I want the Devs sweating the problem of too many players!!! ohhh noo

Getting too many people to play the game and crash your servers is GREAT problem to have. I look forward to the whining on lag and overcrowding.

Whatever happens I'll be playing till you drag me out (or I get a new girlfriend)

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Whatever happens I'll be playing till you drag me out (or I get a new girlfriend)

Or... get a new GF and force her to play Perp with you. In fact, we could double the population this way, and start making babies now so we'll have a new generation of players in 10 years (10 year olds are young, but if you start training them in robot war starting at age 3 they'll be rdy at 10 smile

Serpens wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Snowman wrote:

in reality though I would be concerned for you guys if you did get on steam.  You could barley handle the tiny influx of Eve's player base which is a game of only a few hundred thousand accounts, put yourself infront of the several millions of Steam customers and you will melt down, instantly.

If you recall. The reason they could not handle the influx, was because of a change that was done a couple patches before the influx. Once they fixed it they handled that amount of players with no problem.

So, in reality I would not be concerned since it has been fixed.

Famous last words? lol

Maybe... tongue lol

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Arga wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Or... get a new GF and force her to play Perp with you. In fact, we could double the population this way, and start making babies now so we'll have a new generation of players in 10 years (10 year olds are young, but if you start training them in robot war starting at age 3 they'll be rdy at 10 smile

+1

Yeah Jelan you can "+1" but i frankly doubt any normal human female would attemp to procreate with you, put aside all the BS she would have to endure while pregnant.  Most likely the phoetus would hang himself with the umbilical cord while listening to his father.

... image... stuck... can't... arrrrr :!

Cobalt wrote:

Yeah Jelan you can "+1" but i frankly doubt any normal human female would attemp to procreate with you, put aside all the BS she would have to endure while pregnant.  Most likely the phoetus would hang himself with the umbilical cord while listening to his father.

8/10 thats some of the best anti-Jelan rhetoric i've ever seen, god bless i've found my padawan!

Im training hard to be someday a successful troll smile

Cobalt wrote:

Im training hard to be someday a successful troll smile

It's a constant battle to stay at the rope of the game tongue

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Though I have to say that I am somewhat dubious.  How is it that a dev studio that is so incredibly tiny, like for terraria, can easily get into steam, or at least communicate with them, and yet Avatar Creations can not?

This is just a wild personal speculation, but what's in it for Valve to add a game with their own 3rd party payment system to Steam? I mean the client is free to download, and the rest goes through our own store. (I don't know if they even have support for subscription-based stuff.)

Charge $1.99 for the client on Steam and give them half or all of it and I bet they would host it.  Have to think outside the box here guys.

I've faithfully kept my accounts subbed since launch but now I just check the forums every few months to see if population has increased because a MMO with no population is not fun.  I'm considering finally cutting my losses soon even though I like the potential of this game.  You need to get subs from somewhere if you want the game to have a chance and I agree Steam would be a major shot in the arm.

You bring up a good point Tig. How many of us (me semi-idle too) are subbed, but on the sidelines waiting for more players!?

Depending on the number of idlers, it could be just as productive to provide something that will lure us subbies back too, which will raise the population and likely make it more attractive to newer players also.

The downside here, is that about the only thing that is going to get many of the PVP idle off the sidelines is POS, but even then it's going to take a significant enough population after that feature is active to KEEP idle-vets logged in.

I logged in last night, and its very quiet. hmm