Re: Alpha island Intrusions: outpost ownership

I like the idea of alpha outpost ownership but as someone mentionned, perhaps taking them should be less focussed on PvP. I guess it depends if you intend the outpost to be for carebear endgame or PvPer's first steps.

Either way the rewards should be extremely small. Obviously no SAP loot, definitely never any lvl 3 facilities, and whatever is the reward should be balanced with the assumption that some alpha outposts would be taken by a solo player just because no one else cares.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

So how long do you think it will take for one of the beta corps to go grab the alpha terminals? You know, the ones you say you can't compete against?

And if you think you can restrict alpha terminals to those corps that don't have outposts in alpha, that's easily solvable specially since there's no in game alliance mechanisms to identify corps in beta alliances.

If alpha outposts give any kind of benefit you will get pushed out of them.

The fear is strong in this thread (oh we will never get to own a beta outpost).
Lets find a way to beat up on newbs  yarr

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

So how long do you think it will take for one of the beta corps to go grab the alpha terminals? You know, the ones you say you can't compete against?

This is why the benefit I suggested would work, simply because it doesn't help unless you are actively using the outpost; Buy/sell remotely to the main terminal.

There's no passive benefit for owning it, but there would be a recurring price (time, NIC, ect) to keep ownership.

Remotely buying is an insane advantage, much more worth then the auras themselves.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Any way you slice it alPha op ownership is a waste and will take away from beta end game content.
I don't understand why people won't go take a op for them self it's not that hard and if u play it smart the risk isn't that bad. If alpha op were ever added it would be like spitting in beta op owners face. difference aside I would get In touch with every beta corp and try to come up with some agreement to lock all u alpha cry babies out of every op.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Syndic wrote:

Remotely buying is an insane advantage, much more worth then the auras themselves.

Remotely buying from ANYWHERE would be insanely OP, but I've put in several times that you can only remote to the local main terminal.

Meaning you can base yourself out of Rad and buy/sell to ICS alpha, for instance, but you can't buy from Hydelhorn, Tellesis, or any other outpost.

@Balf - Owning an alpha outpost shouldn't give any advantage or control over other players, which is a basic tenant of secure zones.

Its sandbox, making them ownable in some manner only adds more sand. I don't suspect that this feature would be implemented any time soon, as it would require a whole new game mechanic to actualize it. But the answer to the question of IF if should be ownable should be yes.

Ownership in alpha has already been done look:

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … ntrols.png

big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Arga wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Remotely buying from ANYWHERE would be insanely OP, but I've put in several times that you can only remote to the local main terminal.

Yes and its still an insane advantage. I can just sit all day and buy stuff up, it'll get hauled when needed by the throng of Lithus. In a completely no-risk enviroment.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Arga wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Yes and its still an insane advantage. I can just sit all day and buy stuff up, it'll get hauled when needed by the throng of Lithus. In a completely no-risk enviroment.

I still don't see the insane advantage. If you own the lvl 2 refining outpost, you can remote buy raw mats from the main terminal; saves the trouble of hauling it. But you still have to haul the commodities to the lvl 2 factory.

There are no outposts on alpha-II islands, so there's nothing to own. But if they did add one, again all you've acheived is not having to drive to the main terminal to purchase something.

If all your going to do is sit and buy stuff all day from the main terminal, you can do that anyway; but if you don't use it at the outpost you'll still going to have to haul it.

Remember, this isn't for Beta outposts to beta terminals. This is only for Alpha outposts. Being able to dump everything into ICS-Beta and remote buy it to hydelhorn would be an advantage, but since i'm not suggesting it for beta, its most certainly not OP.

Arga wrote:

I still don't see the insane advantage. If you own the lvl 2 refining outpost, you can remote buy raw mats from the main terminal; saves the trouble of hauling it. But you still have to haul the commodities to the lvl 2 factory.

It is not you who has to see it as a significant advantage...

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Arga wrote:

It is not you who has to see it as a significant advantage...

Content, not contention.

there will always be players that just want to have a good  time with no pvp and the ones that want to do stuff on there own. By doing this your taking use of alpha building s away for no reason other you dont want to go to beta and fight the pvp players for one.

39 (edited by Celebro 2011-12-04 03:18:33)

I am a alpha manufacture, seller and miner I rarely do any pvp, in no way this effects industrial players, and no I don't want to live in beta or pvp to take an outpost in alpha if it was introduced.

I want the game to be fun for all and bring new players in game. New corps would have a chance to experience OP ownership  without the dangers of beta.  Rewards for it should be low though, and no locking outposts ofc.

This is not about me.

Some beta corps just want easy targets, and a low EP group with little experience are easy. They will burn out and leave or hide in alpha where there is little PVP experience to gain or just blob up with the big guys.

RIP PERPETUUM

lol being able to lock all other players out of a outpost in alpha effects everyone in a big way combat pilots and builders. alpha outpost are for everyone. your talking about letting people do beta content with no risk of beta like pvp

Celebro wrote:

Could this work?

No it cant.

Please Stop posting terrible ideas.

Beta's are not used right now so you want to make alphas even better, yea that makes perfect sense.

fuuu

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

42 (edited by Celebro 2011-12-04 13:49:27)

Bonton wrote:

lol being able to lock all other players out of a outpost in alpha effects everyone in a big way combat pilots and builders. alpha outpost are for everyone. your talking about letting people do beta content with no risk of beta like pvp

*Sigh* roll Have you read any of my posts?-- No locking out players on alpha OPs.---

@ Binary, I don't think its terrible idea, but if Devs can't make enough players move  to beta better take some of the fun to alpha. Beta is not all for PVP. It should also be about the land flowing with milk and honey where it should be worth the risk.

In the other game, they have several PVP options for new players/corps, low sec, faction warfare, corporation wars and wormholes before moving into end game. There is none of it here for a stepping stone. WTF you can't even shoot your own corp members to practice in alpha unless you are flagged.

We all know betas are empty atm so this should be something for the future, which hopefully Intrusion 2.0 will fix. By itself doubtful though.

RIP PERPETUUM