1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-11-25 14:16:07)

Topic: Remove internal island TPs from beta

not sure if this has been said b4 but. why not remove internal TPs from beta & place more HWYs on beta islands. this could slow down travel times across the islands to a certain extent & add more tactics to the game?

On the flip side allowing the players to build the HWY network could be a handy trade off.

i know not much info but was just a thought ide throw out smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2 (edited by Scyylla 2011-11-25 15:28:23)

Re: Remove internal island TPs from beta

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

not sure if this has been said b4 but. why not remove internal TPs from beta & place more HWYs on beta islands. this could slow down travel times across the islands to a certain extent & add more tactics to the game?

On the flip side allowing the players to build the HWY network could be a handy trade off.

Want more time to logoffski your miners when someone hits your island? smile

Inappropriate signature.

+1 Scyylla

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

there is enough walking around in this game, so no.

RIP PERPETUUM

has been around for some while now,

+1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I do remember when 62nd used this tactic effectively, and yes CIR and friends cried out for the removal of such things.

OH then they adapted and started to effectively counter them.

Take a page from BOTH and LEARN to counter them.
DON'T QQ on the fourm's.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

More highways would not hurt. Adding 1-3 long main highways to the island would be pretty neat, maybe connecting the different outposts and terminals in a way.

8 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-11-26 08:12:49)

This is no QQ have i lost any miners recently? i think not.

Back on topic

As for taking longer well... thats bollox. if you could build a HWY route to & from where you wanted it the most. the travel time i believe would be about the same as walking across normal terrain  (without HWYs) & then using a internal TP.

this would as a by product eliminate a persons ability to to use internal TPs for protection from an enemy by jumping thru them continuously.

I challenge you to stop & look at the map of the beta island you live on & see if you were able to build your own HWYs that you would be able to get to & from your normal destinations at the very least as fast as you do now.

To those trolls who say about giving more time to log off. I say most of the time yall have to walk slowly over terrain to get to the miners. most of the time internal TPs are build in bad locations. Also islands that have good gate scouts will always alert ppl fast so no real difference. With internal TPs we know where you are going to come in & out of.
But if those were gone your movements can be more unpredictable. remember u can get off half way down a HWY. You cant do that on an internal TP.

Think out side of the box & you will find the ability for defenders & attackers to vary there movments & use HWYs & terrain will open up even more possible tactics.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1 but only if this topics idea is added as well
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -receiver/
Would make this game more about scouting and less about camping...

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:

+1 but only if this topics idea is added as well
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -receiver/
Would make this game more about scouting and less about camping...

Oh ya that idea.. ya that would def be cool.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I actually agree on this. +1. Stop fukcing b1tching about the walking part of the game already. It's fine, in fact, the beta's (As stated by OP) could use LESS TPs.
You walk in every game. Even eve online, though they have somewhat more fancy way of doing it there and you need to wait it out. Did you ever realise that on average every time you initialize warp in eve, you lose a minute of your game play? the *** warp acceleration and deceleration take close to 30 seconds.