Topic: Teleport Receiver

Deployable item that like a Mobile Teleport

This Item is used inconjunction with a Mobile/Armored/Emergency Teleporter. You must place the Receiver on ground before deploying the Teleporter. Once Deployed Receiver has a 3 mins cool down and a 7 min. life cycle. After cool down Receiver will show up on "anyones" including the enemys deployed teleporter as a place to teleport to. Make the Receiver around 3.5U and be destructable like the teleporters. Give it very low masking so its seen from very long distances. Possibly have 3 types standard/armor/emergency same as teleporters.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Teleport Receiver

Works

This Is Your Mother Speaking.

Limited to the same Island or cross island?

Same island only. No magic cross island jumps

I endorse this product

YARRRR SIGN ME UP FOR THIS ONE!

I'd like a pair.  One for each of my back end cheeks.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

what about inbetween

Goblin wrote:

what about inbetween

You mean Between the Lions?

http://pbskids.org/lions/

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

10 (edited by Dan 2011-08-31 15:24:02)

I smell smell little baby hotdrop. I don't like the idea. Also it will make hauling too easy smile

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

HOT DROP O CLOCK!

I love it. The spool up time is long, so it's not super useful for a HD. And the HP should be low, so you'd have to use it somewhere the enemy couldn't see it.

Isn't there enough pvp/games at stations and teleports that you want to introduce something that will further promote this, in addition of removing possible targets from the map?

Jump gates? Just say no.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

Isn't there enough pvp/games at stations and teleports that you want to introduce something that will further promote this, in addition of removing possible targets from the map?

Jump gates? Just say no.

Explain how this would promote teleport and station games? It would have the same limitations as a teleport beacon not within 1000 meters of a station. You logic is puzzleing to me as this mechanic would reduce the ammount of gate games we play. As I said in post #4 you would have to be on the island already to be able to select it as a destination.

It would stop the power blocks dominating their island.
Have the mobile teleports weight at 10u so it needs something big to haul it in.

15 (edited by Burial 2012-03-17 04:13:23)

Basically, the item acts as an other end to the Teleport Beacon that is currently in-game. Anyone inside squad can deploy the item and other members can teleport to that receiver.

> Augments roaming and moving inside islands
> Makes squad fights more interesting
> Beefs up logistics

To balance it out, it can not be deployed within X of teleports due to "interference".

log-off sequer-alt at targets island, and 5mins before intrusion, login, place teleporter and whole attack force can spawn within walled perimeter ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This is the kind of game changer I'd love to test and break until balanced. And the current useless inter-island tele that is 15m nic should work n conjunction. With walls and soon Teraformed cliffs and valleys we could use the combo.

+1

Sparking to other games

Also, should be balanced more toward aggressive action than logistics. So a rule like 3000k plus from terminals would allow hostile force sneak in point but forbid insta, safe transport of haulers directly to terminal.

But like I said this would be significant ability overall with lots if options for balance.

Sparking to other games