1 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-30 12:21:03)

Topic: EWAR Modules

i got several concerns with the EWAR modules as they are now:

1. Headslot modules?
    They should all be misc slot modules like the Energy-transfer stuff.
    Reduce the headslots of same-sized bots/mechs to balance fitting possibilites between them.
    Modules in question:

• Demob (Microwave weapon)

• Supressor

• ECM (Jammer)

• Target-painter (TAG Laser)

• Interference mods (its a damn mine-layer!)

as real-life comparison: Combat aircrafts have to equip modular ECM on weapon-mounts.

2. Naming and Description

• ECM is actually the header for all current EWAR modules

• the current ECM and Supressors are possibilites of Radar Jamming

• the Description of Signal masking is that of Blip Enhancement
        the oppositte of what it does.

3. ECCM

• the current ECCM is the only one that fits where it is: headslot
      and since its working against supressor and jammer it does what it would i real life too.

4. Stealth

• should be something equipped to the engineering-slots, like evasive modules.

• the current signal masking module should do what Blip Enhancement does:
      making your bot appear on the radar (landmarklist) as something else then it is

5. Sensor Amps, signal detector

• Both are kinda "tunings" for the sensor/radar system

to be continued and edited -

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-12 03:43:23)

Re: EWAR Modules

Wrong forum section.
Balance section for already implemented features.
Also, you seem to be commenting on something you've not used and you're also probably the least likely person I'd expect to comment on PVP (An area you have said you know nothing about).

Cool Points attempt? Fail in my opinion. I can see what you're trying to achieve but it removes any form of uniqueness around these modules. I guess you're tired of running a Sensor amp on the head slot because it uses your AP which you need for optimum cycle/yield ratios while mining?

The Game

i dont run sensor amp in my industrial equipment - they get remote amped if neccessary... but that isn't the case anyway

It also has almost nothing to do with PvP experience either. More with the almost non existance of "fitting flexibility" below heavy mech or ewar.
remove 1 head and one legslot of each bot/mech for must-have-modules, and you get your free slots.

as drainers and neuts in PvE are totally useless, your fitting decissions on small bot or assault are restricted to two builds per robot.

you can F*ck off with your coolpoints stuff and whine about the 10% damage bonus on small weapons against mechs. Its a topic about an existing feature to discuss it.
No wonder the bigger part of the community stops posting on the forums, if the response they get is always "something about their intentions", and not the topic itself.

Forum title wrote:

...Also, post here if we had a great idea and you're begging to differ.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Alexander wrote:

Wrong forum section.
Balance section for already implemented features.
Also, you seem to be commenting on something you've not used and you're also probably the least likely person I'd expect to comment on PVP (An area you have said you know nothing about).

Cool Points attempt? Fail in my opinion. I can see what you're trying to achieve but it removes any form of uniqueness around these modules. I guess you're tired of running a Sensor amp on the head slot because it uses your AP which you need for optimum cycle/yield ratios while mining?

*edit* Language please. - DEV Zoom

I definitely think that this is a better change than most, my only concern would be to perhaps separate out ew and energy warfare.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I think that your proposed changes are just one of many things that could be done but aren't needed. I see no difference in sensor amps becomes a static module or an active module apart from it's a lot more fun to play with active modules. Smaller robots have to sometimes balance their AP usage and this gives more of a reason to move to a mech (Granted a very small reason).

Stealth modules could be a leg slot but it will mean a light robot and above could fit both and switch them depending on the situation a lot more easily. (There are limit head slot modules of use at the moment however)

ECCM is fine. I agree.

ECM is a silly name for the module I agree. Mechanics are working I feel but it's an arguable point.

I do not agree that head slot modules should become Misc modules. I can understand it makes logical aesthetic sense but as for game balance it doesn't really work. I understand the point but isn't there more important things to think about?

The Game

Alexander wrote:

I think that your proposed changes are just one of many things that could be done but aren't needed. I see no difference in sensor amps becomes a static module or an active module apart from it's a lot more fun to play with active modules. Smaller robots have to sometimes balance their AP usage and this gives more of a reason to move to a mech (Granted a very small reason).

i wonder where wrote anything about that - i wrote that you have to remove one head and one legslot from any equipment variation you think of for PvP, because they are must haves in 99% of the situations. For some circumstances you could replace sensor amp with masking module. but still, Roaming without LWF = does not happen.

this is one of the reasons why intakt and camelion are out of the line - they have 4 headslots, with 1 sensor amp, there are still 3 left to play with. small combats got 1 headslot only, blue/yellow assaults and trojar got 2,  waspish has 3.

Alexander wrote:

Stealth modules could be a leg slot but it will mean a light robot and above could fit both and switch them depending on the situation a lot more easily. (There are limit head slot modules of use at the moment however)

leg slot are as limited as headslots. Stealth is a form of defense, so it would fit together with all the other defensive stuff into the lower slots. Havent checked yet, but the CPU/Reactor costs of those modules will probably prevent fitting them together anyway.

Alexander wrote:

I do not agree that head slot modules should become Misc modules. I can understand it makes logical aesthetic sense but as for game balance it doesn't really work. I understand the point but isn't there more important things to think about?

I'm thinking about more things that just that. But most "important things to think about"-topics end with non constructive name calling and topic-starter-intention-seeking.

*bump* since i still think this would make the game better and more balanced

I was just thinking today about this very issue. ECM would be better in misc slots (and animation would be awesome too, imagine vagabonds waving "hands" at enemies like gorramn wizards tongue), i'm not sure about other mods as I don't use them.

However I understand the current system - you can either have good locking range, ewar range and only a coupole of jammers, or the other way round. I'd have to give it some more thought here before I support either way really...

Nicely presented.

9 (edited by Cobalt 2011-10-30 14:58:07)

Annihilator wrote:

*bump* since i still think this would make the game better and more balanced

Yeah yeah, help the devs with your omniscience about this game, give them the good balance that you found with your non biased point of view, ask for changes that would need an entire revamp of module/fitting system, cause its the priority atm, and all development power should be allocated to such non trivial modifications. Make my life better, i thank you in advance.

+99999999999 for making the game more graphically / fitting rich

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I hope this entire post/idea is being ignored by the devs.  It takes less than a month to learn what an item is and how to find it in the market or to find information about it.

Sorry but it is tiring to see suggestions that take critical development time away from our game to "revise module names, and where they go".  Easy enough to learn these things and not be critical as to where they "belong"

Devs, AWSOME job thus far, ignore these pointless requests and I look forward to seeing you work on new features instead of taking time to grease sqeaky wheels for over critical players.

Takeo Prime wrote:

Devs, AWSOME job thus far, ignore these pointless requests and I look forward to seeing you work on new features instead of taking time to grease sqeaky wheels for over critical players.

/signed