1 (edited by Siddy 2011-08-05 16:03:55)

Topic: Old beta island terrain raep...

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … d-terrain/

Seriously, what were the people smoking.

I understand all the new pretty decos are pretty, and that you want to show them off, why don't you do it in alpha, where there is people to actually see them? And don't ruin the dynamics of the intercept routes and pathways that were well honed, tested and used in old beta islands.

Let me explain myself, why i sound so rude...

First of all, you ruined few rare places where laser users were at advantage, on the very island that suppose to be a laser race and all that. Hokkagoros; the Abdullah, Norway and Dramahaul stations used to have nice clean line of sight spots for some proper 800+ meter beat down.

It is already next to impossible to find a clear LoS of 1000 meters, some spots on old beta islands were one of those the places. The island were balanced without highways in mind.

Cover EVERYWHERE; the point of long range weapons is that you get your enemy in to open ground and kill them there. When there is a deco building every 50 meters, high alpha medium range weapons like EM and missiles will just be simply better.

The new betas, i don't care, they are decent, and were designed highways in mind.
On top of this, the changes on old betas were made hastily, many places are not polished and are just  down right impassably.

So to finish this, don't get me wrong, i appreciate the effort you guys put in to this, but the terrain to this game is more than just pretty eye candy it is to "THAT OTHER GAME". It holds grate tactical meaning and it is easy to break that balance.

PS: i don't care rates arse about the economical side of what Syndic is crying in that other thread. 30 second shorter haul time don't make rats arse difference. Syndic failed address the real issues i am addressing here...