101 (edited by Line 2011-06-24 13:32:07)

Re: Where are we going?

This thread isn't about novablobs, no matter if you don't understand. Please follow this way.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Until we get another patch or another blog this thread has come to an end. We could argue balance all day but the issue is more a crisis or direction.

Until the game developers decide which direction the game should be going in there isn't much us players can do other than whine at each other. The moment a thread reaches personal insults or name calling then the usefulness of that thread has ended. sad

Lol, poor line. S'okay you can let the adults talk now

DEV Calvin wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

unlike the former imba shield tank ictus that could do the same with nearly no extension higher then 5... THIS is a valid build.

Totally valid build.

I can tell you guys, if we took all the listed comments and implemented them to the game, you would have prefit robots with an on/off button on them. The beauty of the game is that a combination of planning, effort, training and wealth will catch your opponents off guard.

However, this is best suited for hit and runs. If you get figured out you die, right Lemon? smile

I agree with that being the beauty of the game. New players in lowly assaults will have a chance. But I disagree with Line, because the best way to counter assault gangs is with mechs with weapon stabs. You don't have to destroy something to win a fight. Forcing someone to retreat, to me, is almost as good as blowing them all up. There are lots of fights you're not going to win solo, or when you're outnumbered 15-2.

About the part where you've gotten the asumption that the players want prefit robots though it's totally baseless. I don't think anyone has ever said we want things EASY.... only that we want things EASIER. There is a diffrence. Sequers should haul 240u, and lithus should haul 1200u. And, every bot should have base speed of AT LEAST 100. Get the people in the door, THEN add things to keep them here.

Now, everyone please agree with me here so that the devs can implement these changes, but not look like they're agreeing with me.

Smokeyii wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

unlike the former imba shield tank ictus that could do the same with nearly no extension higher then 5... THIS is a valid build.

Totally valid build.

I can tell you guys, if we took all the listed comments and implemented them to the game, you would have prefit robots with an on/off button on them. The beauty of the game is that a combination of planning, effort, training and wealth will catch your opponents off guard.

However, this is best suited for hit and runs. If you get figured out you die, right Lemon? smile

I agree with that being the beauty of the game. New players in lowly assaults will have a chance. But I disagree with Line, because the best way to counter assault gangs is with mechs with weapon stabs. You don't have to destroy something to win a fight. Forcing someone to retreat, to me, is almost as good as blowing them all up. There are lots of fights you're not going to win solo, or when you're outnumbered 15-2.

About the part where you've gotten the asumption that the players want prefit robots though it's totally baseless. I don't think anyone has ever said we want things EASY.... only that we want things EASIER. There is a diffrence. Sequers should haul 240u, and lithus should haul 1200u. And, every bot should have base speed of AT LEAST 100. Get the people in the door, THEN add things to keep them here.

Now, everyone please agree with me here so that the devs can implement these changes, but not look like they're agreeing with me.

I agree with some of your points. One I really don't agree with would be the base speed of 100.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I've never seen any "posts" on balancing actually go in a positive direction. In any game , All that ever happens is people end up just posting how they want the game and it often doesnt go well and usually no one else wants or agree's. Thus it is in not affective to base changes from forum interaction.  Alexander said it first big_smile

Honestly, i am highly believe that we are going to the MMO where major content: bots, modules, structures, terrain etc. will be created by the players. I want to see this game in a role of tool, what allows players to create sci-fi world they want. Currently all actions tied on creation of battle modules and machines.  I don't like that currently game is centralizing around combat, around destructive aspect of human nature, thats why imo it would be great to see more constructive aspects in this game: building of neutral cities, exploration, colonization and everything what will move destructive aspect to the half of the game. Then this game will have true ballance: 50% destructive vs 50% non-military content. This all is my little imo what mmo i want to see.

108 (edited by Line 2011-06-28 07:49:38)

There was a thread about crafting changes - random bonuses added when you constructing something (and everything is based on skills ofc). Maybe this will helps to make balance issues lesser?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Alexadar wrote:

Honestly, i am highly believe that we are going to the MMO where major content: bots, modules, structures, terrain etc. will be created by the players. I want to see this game in a role of tool, what allows players to create sci-fi world they want. Currently all actions tied on creation of battle modules and machines.  I don't like that currently game is centralizing around combat, around destructive aspect of human nature, thats why imo it would be great to see more constructive aspects in this game: building of neutral cities, exploration, colonization and everything what will move destructive aspect to the half of the game. Then this game will have true ballance: 50% destructive vs 50% non-military content. This all is my little imo what mmo i want to see.

Wise words indeed. And I think the devs said this is one of their top priorities going foward.

Annihilator wrote:

unlike the former imba shield tank ictus that could do the same with nearly no extension higher then 5

What was different then that made ictus imba?

wow, necro of an old topic...

Mammoth wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

unlike the former imba shield tank ictus that could do the same with nearly no extension higher then 5

What was different then that made ictus imba?

ictus had 5% drained amount bonus + 5% shield bonus per adv. robotics level
+ no LoS for Drainer
+ no electrostatic dispersion

you didn't even need an injector, or t4 equip to perma-tank any incomming damage, as long as you could keep lock on someone that had still some AP in his accumulator.

I remember one crazy canadian guy who hit the ragequit button after the ictus nerf. That guy had his imba-ictus shield tank with 2 lvls in accu expansion and energy management!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

112 (edited by KahNManN 2011-07-30 19:03:22)

oops mispost