Topic: Cannot Patch

Every single time I update the game, the update process fails and reports that it cannot replace perpetuum.exe with perpetuum.tmp, this has happened with the last 4 updates, and the error box has the option to retry, ignore, or abort. If I retry nothing happens, and I abort or ignore, perpetuum.exe just disappears and I have to reinstall the client completely.

I'm running 64bit Windows 7 pro, does anyone have a solution to this because re installing the client every time is ridiculous.

Re: Cannot Patch

Try to run the exe in admin mode.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Tried that, same result.

What's the "ERROR" number it displays?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

5 or 2

Could you please add an FAQ to the forums on error codes and what they mean?
E.g. Error codes for payments. Error codes for client crashes and what runtime errors means.. ect..

Alexander wrote:

E.g. Error codes for payments. Error codes for client crashes and what runtime errors means.. ect..

Do you want them to list all the possible codes for all the possible cases? Depending on how they handle unexpected situations, that could actually be a list of tens of thousands or codes!

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

Pak wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Do you want them to list all the possible codes for all the possible cases? Depending on how they handle unexpected situations, that could actually be a list of tens of thousands or codes!

They'll have put the common errors to have codes and honestly I think it's best when reporting. "I had error code 54 when I crashed in terminal for no reason." If code 54 = your computer is about to die. It's nice to know these things. wink

Also I don't mean every single error code but at least the common ones and the common paypal errors so users don't have to look them up every time. More production support.

Or a database, and you enter the number and see what u get!!!!

Like an Error Lottery!!!!

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve