Topic: Trophy/Loss Detail

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Any chance of getting greater detail on the PVP kill/loss reports, such as the fit of the destroyed bot and/or any kind of combat log info?

It can be a helpful tool for learning from one's mistakes as well as intel!

Re: Trophy/Loss Detail

If you want their fit, use a chassis scanner.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

If I used a chassis scanner AND it would then log that information into a permanent record I would be OK with that.  big_smile

I am not trying to make a scanner obsolete, I am trying to make the Trophy/Loss list a tad more useful than a name and date.

Hell, even just to record my own fits so I can see what definitely fails :-p

I do miss being able to see fits from Eve, partially for intel, but mostly for lulz (he fit WHAT on that?!?!). Not sure how other PO players feel about this, but I'd like to see it, and more information in general (what weapon/ammo was used for the kill, for example).

really, get a chassis scanner, and get the request throug to have have scan results saved...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

BeanBagKing wrote:

I do miss being able to see fits from Eve, partially for intel, but mostly for lulz (he fit WHAT on that?!?!). Not sure how other PO players feel about this, but I'd like to see it, and more information in general (what weapon/ammo was used for the kill, for example).

I still have a half finished lulz fits collage.  Some of the fits I see on people are hilariois.  Maybe I should expand on it, with all the new folks around I'm sure id have plenty of material.

->You just lost The Game<-

Oh please do share Neoxx, I want to have a drink and a laugh when I come back home from work.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Neoxx wrote:

chassis scanner is better used before a fight.

fitting details post kill is for killboard purposes.

fitting to chassis scanner in order to make killboard posts is just silly and counterproductive.

pvp is supposed to be imortant for this game so it should be a priority to provide greater details and increased functionality in regards to killboard posting.

Yup, just what we need here... another killboard.  roll

no what hes talking about is to have the system report his fit and say what was destroyed and what dropped for 1 thing it would be nice just so you know that no one is trying to keep the best item and it is also great for the fact that it would let you price the kill

Kill boards help promote PvP.  Stuff being blown up helps promote industry due to the demand for more gear.  People will then fight for the better resources, more PvP.  Kill boards are a great tool for gathering information.  It helps the whole circle of life deal.

If keeping the fits as private intel is that important (though I do suspect there is no AFK winfit; that player skill makes a SEVERE amount of difference here, more than elsewhere) the ability to save scanned fits would work just as well -- if corps want to keep these things for their own private intel, will work

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

13 (edited by Raavi Arda 2011-07-04 10:41:59)

1. "Use a chassis scanner" - Ummm... how can I use a scanner on a robot I just destroyed? The original post clearly states "KILL/LOSS reports" - therefore the bot in question is already dead. Newsflash: you can't use a scanner on something that ain't there!

2. Why would you want such intel posted on killboard?
- For the laugh (chassis scanner on a PvP bot? LOLWHUT?)
- This guy died, his fit didn't work. Try something else
- What did I have fitted on that mech I just lost? It worked quite well and if it wasn't for 10-to-1 advantage I'd survive. Crap... no saved fittings feature... No info on lossmail either. Back to the drawing board and re-create the fit.
- Since there is no loot logging - after battle the SC has to rely on people's honesty about the loot they grabbed. Perp is 90% former EVE players. 99.9999% of EVE players will try to scam/steal/profit at every opportunity. Get the connection? Details on killmail = just implement feature of a killboard that will take battle results and create a list of stuff dropped. Problem partially solved.
- NIC war: OK, so the guy lost a mech - but did it have T4 gear or T1/flawed/Syn crap? How much was it worth? Was it more expensive than the T4-fitted Assault we lost or not?

Raavi "The Unforgiven" Arda

bump

You want my fit details, Come scan me im waiting on beta.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Hey look. CIR took over the job of suppressing the game and killing off smaller corporation. Does this mean that CIR are not trying to kill the game by not fighting fair? I also haven't seen the mining in a long time too.

This gets more and more interesting every day. big_smile

Also, no fits on losses and kills.

17 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-06 09:02:42)

We are not mining, we use your storages for materials, didn't notice that did you?

/edit we took your jowwwbs, are going to quit now? Can I haz ur stuff?

Still very no for fits on killboard. If you want intel, gather it yourself.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

-1 on fits on KB if you want to know what your enemy is fitting go scan him if you can't remember 16 items that you fit on your own heavymech or less on other bots there's this cool thing called a notepad on almost all computers I've ever used, weird it works like a permanent post-it note. Also you can scan a player with your chassis scanner, open that persons profile far right tab is personal notes where you can write what ever you want about the person.... IE Known fits/bots or this persons fit is so fail i can 2 shot them/or OMFG bring the whole corp this is gonna be epic.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

if nothing else it should ppl who put nuets and ewar on the targets

20 (edited by Predator Nova 2011-07-06 18:34:57)

Alexander wrote:

Hey look. CIR took over the job of suppressing the game and killing off smaller corporation. Does this mean that CIR are not trying to kill the game by not fighting fair? I also haven't seen the mining in a long time too.

Lol I really want to know how you got that from this thread. Quit trying so hard, it makes you look oh so very butthurt.
And the veiled accusation about no mining...from you? Really? C'mon Alex lol

Edit: I'm for showing the equipped mods/cargo content on killmails.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Predator Nova wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Lol I really want to know how you got that from this thread. Quit trying so hard, it makes you look oh so very butthurt.
And the veiled accusation about no mining...from you? Really? C'mon Alex lol

Edit: I'm for showing the equipped mods/cargo content on killmails.

We disown this guy....

WTS a Predator Nova w/ Alts included, Any takers?

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

We disown this guy....

WTS a Predator Nova w/ Alts included, Any takers?

Pft you just wait until I'm back in-game. If you still have access to your chars by then big_smile

i find it funny you are all scared of what we will come up with from your fits

UsedCondom wrote:

My sparks shaken in its bot

Undefeated 2013

Lemon wrote:
UsedCondom wrote:

My sparks shaken in its bot

That's hot.