Topic: This should NOT be out of beta.

This game had a 1.0 release, what, 6 months ago? You're still having massive problems with lag and crashes and bugs in the game. I would say this has real potential maybe with 1-2 years solid work on it but you're expecting people to pay money for something that performs like an early beta / late alpha?

I like this project, but there's no way I would pay a monthly sub for a game with this many performance / engine issues.

Re: This should NOT be out of beta.

you do realize we dumped them with like 500+ accounts in a single day?

I never played wow but the first months of wow were worse then this.

Eve was also worse than this back in 2003. They worked until 2am their local time before giving up for the night. At least they put in the effort.

There have not been any issues like this since the game was released in November.  Even then the server was able to handle twice as many players as are on now without any problems.  They did have some stability problems at first, but they had it sorted.

Whatever changed could have happened anywhere in the past 6 months or so, because the population hasnt tested the server in the way that this has now.  It would be impossible to pinpoint the cause that could have occured that long ago and hasnt reared its head until now.  They have already applied 2 patches within the first 3 days, so just bear with them and things will get ironed out.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

There have not been any issues like this since the game was released in November.  Even then the server was able to handle twice as many players as are on now without any problems.  They did have some stability problems at first, but they had it sorted.

Whatever changed could have happened anywhere in the past 6 months or so, because the population hasnt tested the server in the way that this has now.  It would be impossible to pinpoint the cause that could have occured that long ago and hasnt reared its head until now.  They have already applied 2 patches within the first 3 days, so just bear with them and things will get ironed out.

Exactly Neoxx,

Does PO have a test server, that can be utilised ? always happy to set aside some disk space to test mehcanics and loads etc.

It currently does not have a test server.

While there are connection / user limit issues at the moment which have meant that I've only been able to log on sparingly since signing up, I'm really impressed with what I have seen already, both in terms of the game and the dev support.

We :bittervets: have doubled the PO population overnight so there are sure to be issues. I remember my early days in EVE and it was just the same. Give the PO devs some time to sort this and look forward to what will come.

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

You should stop calling it PO. Its not called Perpetuum Online, just Perpetuum. smile

Surge wrote:

You should stop calling it PO. Its not called Perpetuum Online, just Perpetuum. smile

Ah, my bad cool Perp OK?

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

I think the Devs are doing just fine.
Lemme check -

I can move my mech...check
I can fire my Mech.......check
When I fire it hits things...check
I can group with others and kill people ...check

Game is Fine. It's Fun to tongue

Uhh Perp?? Instead of PO? I told a freind about trying Perp the other day, and he asked me wtf he would want to play CSI game for. I'll stick to calling it PO lol

Rage wrote:

I'll stick to calling it PO lol

But you'd be wrong. It isn't PO. If anything, it would just be P.

Too bad the Perpetuum DNS name was already taken sad

You could call it Purr, no probably not.

How about Tuum? Nope.

PO sounds too much like BO.

Perp, rhymes with Derp... could be worse.

Perpderpuum online sounds nice. Should create a noob corp with that name big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Just The Game.

Optional: The Game we're playing in.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Dickbeard The Pirate wrote:

This game had a 1.0 release, what, 6 months ago? You're still having massive problems with lag and crashes and bugs in the game. I would say this has real potential maybe with 1-2 years solid work on it but you're expecting people to pay money for something that performs like an early beta / late alpha?

I like this project, but there's no way I would pay a monthly sub for a game with this many performance / engine issues.

Your name suits you. "this many.." is really just your view atm. Perpetuum is about the most stable, bug free game there is. Usually smile  The current issues are as you have read somewhere I'm sure, are because of a doubling of the users in last few days.  I AGREE it shouldn't be, but that's life. Let them fix it and you will find that we have a very stable play area that works quite nice. Many of us play for many hours at a stretch with no issues and I'm sure it will be fixed soon and back to normal as far as logins/player caps removed etc.

Surge wrote:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/

Looks like the put the wrong name in the url too. Might want to complain to management. Make sure they know that it's just "Perpetuum".

Perpetuum.com was already taken.

Arga wrote:

Perpetuum.com was already taken.

Just a bit of pointed, dry humor on my part.

-.- Well played sir

You should NOT have capitalized NOT... it makes you sound REALLY dramatic.

Frankly I agree with the OP. I like this game but I'm not prepared to pay for an alpha test. My client crashes every 30 minutes and has done since the day I downloaded it. I notice how everyone who has a working client trolls people that are having problems, there are a lot of debilitating bugs in this game and until they are fixed I will not be recommending it to anyone else.

Id suggest making a "help!" Thread about your issue.  Crashing that often isn't the norm, so don't get it in your head this is what everyone deals with.  We can't help you be able to play the game if you don't take some effort to explain your situation.

->You just lost The Game<-

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … silly-now/

Depp wrote:
Surge wrote:

Looks like the put the wrong name in the url too. Might want to complain to management. Make sure they know that it's just "Perpetuum".

http://www.perpetuum.hu (yes it's a redirect for boring and complicated reasons)

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Depp wrote:
Surge wrote:

http://www.perpetuum.hu (yes it's a redirect for boring and complicated reasons)

Maybe you should have done the redirect the other way around and used perpetuum.hu or perpetuum.eu as the main site.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman