Re: Plex

There is a post from Dev Calv saying that they wouldn't pursue any issues with Code Trading. Meaning that they won't Ban you for doing it, but they also won't refund or mediate any disputes.

I have been pushing for a NIC sink to get money flowing out of the Large Beta Corp and back into the market. This type of transaction could facilitate this, as new players are more likely to spend on the market and to buy items that are producable by independant industrials.

They are also more likely to be aggressive in PVP. We know that currently the grind/fun ratio of earning NIC to outfit bots is a little off. Being able to inject NIC directly to new players will allow them to replace downed bots and modules more easily, and get the needed experience without having to grind endlessly.

Of course this could lead to an imbalance in Bot cost. That is if you get 200M NIC and can outfit 40 assault bots with no effort, your going to eventually be killing bots that players who didn't buy NIC had to grind for.

Your 0 time assault vs 20 hour grind assault.

It's probably more of an issue when it comes to Corps selling large volumes on codes, and those 40 assaults turns into 4000 assaults, piloted by 150 players relentlessly.

Then again, at this stage of the game, there are probably less than 100 players willing and capable of buying codes for NIC at that price range - 200M. The small market, as well as the need to do the transaction outside of the game, makes it unlikely that the full 20B NIC's worth would be realized. So there would be an initial rush of new NIC and bots, but after that it would settle back in, with just the occasional sale.

If this were part of the store, the penetration would be better, but still after the initial rush of ex eve players selling codes, the supply as well as the demand would be satisfied for the immediate future.

27 (edited by Paragon 2011-06-28 13:34:58)

Arga wrote:

I have been pushing for a NIC sink to get money flowing out of the Large Beta Corp and back into the market. This type of transaction could facilitate this, as new players are more likely to spend on the market and to buy items that are producable by independant industrials.

Timecode sales aren't the best way to do this. A growth in player base will cover this just fine. And unless a corp is tracking people and kicking them for public trading, players might start to find that they can get better prices and a more comprehensive market outside the corp. Once that happens, people will only trade in-corp to intentionally provide no-/low-profit items.

Arga wrote:

They are also more likely to be aggressive in PVP. We know that currently the grind/fun ratio of earning NIC to outfit bots is a little off. Being able to inject NIC directly to new players will allow them to replace downed bots and modules more easily, and get the needed experience without having to grind endlessly.

The market is already taking care of this. Players are merely taking into account the worth of the potential gain when they field their bots. Taking cautious steps is expected this early in a game's life. And people don't have to (and shouldn't) always use the most expensive bot they can afford. People will post their loss lessons and a body of knowledge surround certain bots and appropriate uses/fits/tactics will emerge. That becomes risk free knowledge for anyone who reads it, and will reduce the perceived risk in fielding bots for PvP.

Having significant economic effects on bot choices is good. If it's too easy to afford the best stuff, everyone will always field the best stuff. The market for crap equipment will collapse or be left to brand new players. You want a big spread of viable options between the oldest/richest and youngest/poorest to get maximum diversity in PvP. That makes it unpredictable, opens up more strategy/tactics, and makes the whole thing much more fun.

Plex

No

In eve they said they were bringing that PLEX option in to combat illegal RMT options that are available on all the standard gold selling sites.
I dont know how much of an issue we have with bots and RMTing here but im expecting it not to be as much of a problem due to the size of the playerbase currently and the lack of profit therein for the RMT traders.
If the bots can be kept away then there is no need for "plex" to counter them.

I would prefer not to have a "plex" type thing in game. It just legitimises RMT and enables people to buy stuff in game without doing the farming that most have to do. Earning money to buy new bots/equip should be an ingame activity not one that can be done using a CC.

30 (edited by Major Hazzard 2011-06-28 14:10:20)

As an ex-EVE :bittervet: who subbed his account with ISK bought PLEX, I'd hope that it isn't introduced into Perp at this time. With such a small population I don't think that this would be of benefit at this time.

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

Major Hazzard wrote:

As an ex-EVE :bittervet: who subbed his account with ISK bought PLEX, I'd hope that it isn't introduced into Perp at this time. With such a small population I don't think that this would be of benefit at this time.

^This

Major Hazzard wrote:

^-- This +1