Topic: I'm at a loss

I've just started today. I'm an ex-Eve player, well, still am, but I'd thought I'd give this a try while waiting for the storm to settle down over there. The trial restrictions make this hard to get into, market wise. The NPC orders for things are way beyond what I can afford, even ammo.

I knocked out the trial missions quite quickly, so that wasn't a problem. The problem I'm running into is my little Arkhe can't lock and dispatch mission enemies fast enough. I'm supposed to kill 6 Elite grunts or something like that, but there are way too many other players around my "beacon". By the time I"ve locked, and made primary, someone else has killed my grunt. I fooled around with this for about 30 minutes, and managed to only score 1 of the 6 kills required. I don't have enough NIC to afford any upgrades, and can't complete a mission.

Where do I go from here?

Re: I'm at a loss

Pretty much just waiting for the scraps. It is very packed so all the mission areas will be camped. What I did was faced one section and tried to lock whatever popped there as fast as I could. It was still frustrating as hell but I had better success than trying to kill whatever I saw.

The good news is after your 10th training mission, you get an upgraded bot. The missions thin out a little but and killing isn't as bad.

Not gonna lie and tell you it won't suck for a few days but just stay in the spot until the people leave or you get your kills, whatever comes first. It does end up getting better after those first few missions.

Run the 10 part starter assignment. It will get you the equipment you need and your first light faction bot.

Once you have done all ten parts you will have received the following list of rewards.

1 arhke mk2
1 faction light bot

1 t1 Sensor Amp
3 or 4 t1 weapons
1 t1 armor repairer
1 t1 light weight frame

Good Robot wrote:

Run the 10 part starter assignment. It will get you the equipment you need and your first light faction bot.

Once you have done all ten parts you will have received the following list of rewards.

1 arhke mk2
1 faction light bot

1 t1 Sensor Amp
3 or 4 t1 weapons
1 t1 armor repairer
1 t1 light weight frame

^^

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Good Robot wrote:

1 arhke mk2
1 faction light bot

1 t1 Sensor Amp
3 or 4 t1 weapons
1 t1 armor repairer
1 t1 light weight frame

^^

>.>

->You just lost The Game<-

V.v

7 (edited by Neoxx 2011-06-27 06:18:15)

Dr  Gregory House MD wrote:

V.v

You look nothing like him!  What a waste of a name.

I'm bored so I made you an avatar as close as I could to House.  I'm saddened that I couldnt bring the eyebrows down at all, which would have helped a lot.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2467/houseperp.jpg

->You just lost The Game<-

Zeb Atlas wrote:

Pretty much just waiting for the scraps. It is very packed so all the mission areas will be camped. What I did was faced one section and tried to lock whatever popped there as fast as I could. It was still frustrating as hell but I had better success than trying to kill whatever I saw.

The good news is after your 10th training mission, you get an upgraded bot. The missions thin out a little but and killing isn't as bad.

Not gonna lie and tell you it won't suck for a few days but just stay in the spot until the people leave or you get your kills, whatever comes first. It does end up getting better after those first few missions.

Are the starter assignments all lvl 0? If so, those are the missions that I have been unable to complete. I'll give it another go later on today after work. Thanks for the help o/

I also found the beginning very tough. As you said ammo is expensive. Recently with all the new players the mission spots are camped.

You could run transport mission for money while the spawns are over crowded. When you’ve some money. Think about buying yourself a sensor amplifier, it will boost your locking time.

Remmember. For a kill to count towards your mission, you must be the first one to shoot the robot. A little green circle will appear next to the npc’s icon if it belongs to you. A yellow cross will appear if it belongs to someone else. You win nothing from destroying someone else’s target. So spare your rounds for your own prey.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

10 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-06-27 18:29:02)

Double posted sad

Neoxx wrote:
Dr  Gregory House MD wrote:

V.v

You look nothing like him!  What a waste of a name.

I'm bored so I made you an avatar as close as I could to House.  I'm saddened that I couldnt bring the eyebrows down at all, which would have helped a lot.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2467/houseperp.jpg

Neoxx, that looks nothing like him. What a waste of a .jpg.

Thanks for all the help guys! I've committed to 3 months now. big_smile See you on the field o/

Th0rG0d wrote:

Are the starter assignments all lvl 0? If so, those are the missions that I have been unable to complete. I'll give it another go later on today after work. Thanks for the help o/

No You are supposed to do Level 0 missions using the Light bot that you get from the 10 part starter mission. Doing them in an Archie is supposed to be hard

14 (edited by Enik 2011-07-03 15:17:09)

Mouse Tiger wrote:
Th0rG0d wrote:

No You are supposed to do Level 0 missions using the Light bot that you get from the 10 part starter mission. Doing them in an Archie is supposed to be hard

Edit: I had overlooked a tutorial mission, so my question doesn't apply anymore...