Topic: combat missions

so im new to game like today in really but im already doing lvl 1 combat missions and idk if its just bc im new and everything but they dont seem to pay much with ammo costs as high as they are is this what it will be like for all of them? is combat pve even worth it? sorry for the noob questions

2 (edited by Tereva Lostlagon 2011-06-26 17:28:45)

Re: combat missions

Hi there,

Yeah ammo cost could be an issue early in the game, especially if you are on trial since you can't see the players' -cheaper- market selling orders.

One tip is to farm your race drone (NOT the generic one). They will drop bullets and race specific ammo. That way you make some money with the plasma and stockpile ammo.

See you on the field

Tereva

I'm new here myself but I also get the impression that there isn't a strong industrial prescence here yet, so things can be a touch pricey as corps are apparently kitting themselves out as the priority (and fair enough) rather than filling the market.

Good excuse to explore the crafting system, might make some cash.

Vaneshi SnowCrash wrote:

I'm new here myself but I also get the impression that there isn't a strong industrial prescence here yet, so things can be a touch pricey as corps are apparently kitting themselves out as the priority (and fair enough) rather than filling the market.

Good excuse to explore the crafting system, might make some cash.

most production is done in private for corporations who don't need the market.  most of the independent indy people quit the game.  read the patch notes going back to live and you'll see why.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

<-- Independant Indy that didn't quit

I'd log in and put up a bunch of cheap ammo, but... smile

Corporations provide for own members first. Surplus and unneeded gear goes onto the market. Have you ever heard of such a thing as excess of weapons and gear in combat zones?

Yes the market is baren. It’s there for you to colonize. There are countless people out there who need gear and cannot get it anywhere else than from the market.

Opportunity for you maybe?
Welcome to the game.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

7 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-06-27 13:55:50)

<- Another independent producer.

I do what I can, but two factories can only do so much! There are certainly opportunities for new industrial players.

in the two days I've played, I've seen an uptick in market items. Not a big one, but it looks like it is going to grow quite a bit with the influx of new players. Ammo is def a hassle of sorts early, especially if you are on a trial. As I've moved into L1 missions though, definitely picking up enough ammo and bits to sell to not bleed too much money.

ya things have balanced out now it was just hard for the first 2 days thanks to my corp we got a nice pay out early on from ratting and split it and ended my o god i cant pay for my ammo thing