Topic: FOOM Wiki

http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/home

Lots of great info for new and experienced players

Re: FOOM Wiki

+1 very nice.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Especially for new players a great place to get some help!

/sticky plz!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Great work, and I'm sure it will help a lot of new players!

Nice job.

I found some mistakes:

1) http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/maps

Some names of islands and their classification (alfa-beta) is wrong on the map below (World map with teleport link). Upper map is accurate.

2) http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/tellesis

Tellesis is Alpha-2 island, not Beta-2.

I hope I helped a little. smile

Kazimir Casus wrote:

Nice job.

I found some mistakes:

1) http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/maps

Some names of islands and their classification (alfa-beta) is wrong on the map below (World map with teleport link). Upper map is accurate.

Noted.

Kazimir Casus wrote:

2) http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/tellesis

Tellesis is Alpha-2 island, not Beta-2.

I hope I helped a little. smile

Fixed. Thanks for the comments.

Definately, and thanks.

This is just the type of thing I was lookiong for when I started!

Awesome. You should post a link in the trial account section too.

This is just the type of thing I was lookiong for when I started!

Awesome. You should post a link in the trial account section too.

updated 62nd entry, nice stuff

Very nice work indeed, worth a sticky smile

Thanks for the Sticky!

Thanks Zoom.

Some lore and fluff. Because we all need it. Robot description.

The light bot.

Vastly underestimated, the light bot has nothing to envy from the other robots in the arsenal. Readily available and easy to replace, it’s platform of choice for the rookie agent and the veteran pirate.

The light bot has outstanding spotting skills and stealth. In most combat situations it will see the enemy before being seen. This vastly underestimated edge coupled to the fact that it can outrun what it can’t destroy, gives the light bot pilot the luxury of choosing his battles.

When the odds turn against the light bot, thanks to its quad leg configuration and low centre of gravity, it is capable of fleeing through rough terrain, valleys and trenches which are not traversable for the bigger chassis.

In addition to the fact that there is no limit to number of light bots that an entity can field, this attack scout’s competence as a skirmisher make it an opponent to be feared.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It would be helpful to specify who is editor in chief.

When someone finds a bug, it can send a PM to the editor, because there is no need to write in the forum.

Kazimir Casus wrote:

It would be helpful to specify who is editor in chief.

When someone finds a bug, it can send a PM to the editor, because there is no need to write in the forum.

Actually, I was planning on adding a suggestion box or something similar today, but failing that send them to me.

Visit the FOOM Wiki!  Submit changes or requests via the suggestion box, or PM me.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Very nice work indeed, worth a sticky smile

Also worth adding to your links page? smile

Certainly smile

Since it's come up a few times in other threads: the FOOM wiki is intended to be a community resource to which anyone can contribute.  We host the site and have made a good start at posting useful information, but we only have so much time in the day (we want to play, too!).  Folks are welcome, nay encouraged!, to register and add to the wiki or fix errors.

(alternatively, you may submit changes via the Suggestions link on the wiki, or send me a PM here on the forums)

Visit the FOOM Wiki!  Submit changes or requests via the suggestion box, or PM me.

BM'd for awesomesauce.

Is it possible for you guys to edit the wiki.org article also? Looks like you have a hang of it already and the more people work on that, the more you can see in game (or I hope at least).

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Speaking for myself - maybe; RL > Perp, and RL has been keeping me busy enough recently that I've hardly had any time to actually play, recent server issues aside.  But I would like to see word of Perp get out more, so if I can I will.

Moto Prime wrote:

Speaking for myself - maybe; RL > Perp, and RL has been keeping me busy enough recently that I've hardly had any time to actually play, recent server issues aside.  But I would like to see word of Perp get out more, so if I can I will.

This is an awsome Wiki, but maybe you would get more support from the rest of the population if you moved this from being a FOOM owned wiki to a true open wiki (plus it would help to get the word out there on PO).

there is a link on the MMORP Wiki that goes to a dead site, so its not helping to get the word out to other potential players

Shouldn't you rehost this wiki on wikipedia or wikia

either way, cookies for what you have done so far

I loathe pretty much everything about Wikia and Wikipedia isn't the right place for this sort of information.  I don't believe that where it's hosted has any bearing on how much support we will or will not get from the community; the people that are willing to spend their extra time putting this sort of thing together are more interested in getting the information out there for people to see and use than what's on the back end.

I think having an independent site actually helps our cause in getting Perpetuum listed on Wikipedia, based on the other thread.  The more sites or reviews there are that promote game, the more likely it is that Wikipedia will "take it seriously."

Foom's wiki is for the players, wiki.org is for the other people who don't know about the game. smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please